IGNORED

Millwall in trouble again

Super

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/8289363/millwall-racist-stadium-closure-fa-everton/

Headline more sensationalist than the story, but basically one of the options open a partial stadium closure.

The Sun? Sensationalist? I don’t believe you..

On another note, I don't understand why anybody would ever go on their site or advertise a link to their site. Pure scum.

14 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I guess the point is, there was not a 70s craze for Wurzel-bashing. You are not likely to be beaten up anywhere on the basis purely of a West Country accent. 

Same in my life. Things do change. Just look at some 70s sitcoms! One point I'd make is that so-called P*** shops are much more likely to be run by Sikhs or East African Hindus or Jains. Most Pakistanis coming to this country in the 50s and 60s worked in manual labour - often in factories in Yorkshire and Lancashire. Indians do tend to object to being identified as Pakistanis!

I guess if it's self-identifying it's not a problem.  Your post made me think of a dusky skinned guy of part-Asian origin I worked with years ago in Clarks. Not sure of his real name, but he was always called "Stan" for reasons that will be apparent. He never seemed to object to it.

Clearly, you were never asked ‘got the time mate?’ on your away travels. 

56 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

This has got me thinking, in my group of mates we have a p word mike and black Steve, they’ve been known as those names since our school days , is this considered racist??

And chalky, used to have a coloured mate we used to go ice skating everybody knew him by that, he certainly wasn't offended and it was most certainly not used in a racist way, it was like calling a short person lofty it was just a play on words.

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

People get offended at a drop on this forum and moan but this forum is a sea of intelligence compared to the neantherdal morons on Millwalls forum

Can you imagine this forum joking and laughing about a rival fans serious injuries ?

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/our-sliced-everton-mate-pictures.33874/

Lucky you didnt see the Sala thread on there.

Reading that forum.

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

People get offended at a drop on this forum and moan but this forum is a sea of intelligence compared to the neantherdal morons on Millwalls forum

Can you imagine this forum joking and laughing about a rival fans serious injuries ?

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/our-sliced-everton-mate-pictures.33874/

Assorted threads on yesterday from that forum.

Interesting how open they are with their worldview- as you say wouldn't see that one or the following on this IMO! Having said that, there are some who condemn.

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/pc-bollox.33870/

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/violence.33857/

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/honest-question.33871/

https://millwall-forum.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/repercussions-life-bans.33869/

20 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Clearly, you were never asked ‘got the time mate?’ on your away travels. 

Football violence aside, that is. Knew someone would say that.

I've never been threatened because of my skin colour or had insults shouted at me over it. Many Asian people in the UK have.

There is a big difference between using demographic statistics and stereotype as the content of a harmless jibe at a rival set of fans. 

It’s a long way removed from specifically targeting an individual for abuse, based on their colour, creed or sexual orientation. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

There is a big difference between using demographic statistics and stereotype as the content of a harmless jibe at a rival set of fans. 

It’s a long way removed from specifically targeting an individual for abuse, based on their colour, creed or sexual orientation. 

I know what you're saying, but I think TBH it's best avoided these days. The first (although it might be sung with no malice) can embolden others to do the second, which is definitely malicious.

2 hours ago, Chairman Mao said:

The only one I can remember hearing in the past decade was 'leciester's a shithole, it smells of curry'. The worst is definitely the homophobic rubbish that is chanted at Brighton which is neither clever or funny. 

Do people really get offended with this stuff about them being gay?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

wasn't said person carrying a knife too? 

Didn’t see too many condemning the people that smashed up that’s Leeds fans face who sat in the dolman 

5 minutes ago, Rob k said:

No, but then i wouldn’t go to Bermondsey looking for a scrap then get all over social media when the inevitable happens. 

How about your claim that the Leeds fan had his face ‘smashed up’ ?

Sounding like Henbury Gas , making things up - But hes  a SAG

and I assume from your stupid post  You obviously think it’s okay to slash people with knives 

25 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I know what you're saying, but I think TBH it's best avoided these days. The first (although it might be sung with no malice) can embolden others to do the second, which is definitely malicious.

I follow the logic... but that’s a very dangerous logic to follow. So you can’t do/say something that is ‘legal’ for fear it could lead to something ‘illegal’.

This stance, is what has resulted in the snowflake society. A fear of saying anything that some might challenge as racist or otherwise unacceptable. A dangerous path that closes down freedom of speech and, indirectly, influences decision-making. Frustration and anger builds up by those with ‘suppressed’ views that feeds extremism and results in people doing things like voting for Brexit - despite, I suspect,  many Brexit voters being supportive of the principles of globalism and Europe.

Not over enthused by Brexit myself but at least it has emboldened the Home Secretary to state most trying to enter the country are not  ‘asylum seekers’ but illegal ‘economic migrants’ something that before the debate no politician was ‘brave/honest’ enough to say. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

How about your claim that the Leeds fan had his face ‘smashed up’ ?

Sounding like Henbury Gas , But yes a SAG

and I assume from your stupid post  You obviously think it’s okay to slash people with knives 

Of course I don’t you idiot - what I’m saying is it was fairly obvious that he wasn’t in that area for a nice stroll on a Saturday afternoon was he

Its well documented what happened to that Leeds fan in the dolman - maybe do some research 

5 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Of course I don’t you idiot - what I’m saying is it was fairly obvious that he wasn’t in that area for a nice stroll on a Saturday afternoon was he

Its well documented what happened to that Leeds fan in the dolman - maybe do some research 

The Leeds fan didn’t have his ‘face smashed in ‘ Henbury

As for your first claim - Firstly what evidence do you have to back up your claim

They were returning to Surrey Quays Statiob btw

Ypu also seem to be unable to decipher between a few punches or handbags and slicing somebodies face with a knife

Only one idiot

32 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

Assuming the people on here debating which words are racist etc, are generally white and no offence to any of you, but it’s not for you to decide what’s racist or isn’t.

That’s a fair point. However if you have black friends who accept nicknames given to them with no awkwardness or malice it’s also not for a white middle class dimwit who is equally ignorant of what might be considered offensive to a black chap to get offended on their behalf either?

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

As for your first claim - Firstly what evidence do you have to back up your claim

Ypu also seem to be unable to decipher between a few punches or handbags and slicing somebodies face with a knife

Only one idiot

Oh right - it didn’t happen before the game then?

In regards to Leeds why did 5 people get banned for the incident? 

18 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

That’s a fair point. However if you have black friends who accept nicknames given to them with no awkwardness or malice it’s also not for a white middle class dimwit who is equally ignorant of what might be considered offensive to a black chap to get offended on their behalf either?

People often don’t have a choice whether to accept nicknames. Especially nicknames coined because of the colour of their skin. 

Not sure who you are talking about regarding a white middle classed dimwit because whilst I may be a dimwit, I am neither of the others.

2 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

People often don’t have a choice whether to accept nicknames. Especially nicknames coined because of the colour of their skin. 

Not sure who you are talking about regarding a white middle classed dimwit because whilst I may be a dimwit, I am neither of the others.

Wasn’t referring to you because I don’t know anything about you. However there are a fair share of middle class white people who are always the most “up in arms” about what THEY consider to be racist or homophobic for example rather than listening to what someone who is perhaps black, Asian or gay considers to be abuse.

My son played in a game of football the other week where a black guy called a player of mixed heritage “lighty”. Banter or racism? Is it ok to use that term if you are black but wrong if you are white? Personally I wouldn’t use the term but if the guy called “lighty” doesn’t really mind or care is it wrong?

50 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

I follow the logic... but that’s a very dangerous logic to follow. So you can’t do/say something that is ‘legal’ for fear it could lead to something ‘illegal’.

This stance, is what has resulted in the snowflake society. A fear of saying anything that some might challenge as racist or otherwise unacceptable. A dangerous path that closes down freedom of speech and, indirectly, influences decision-making. Frustration and anger builds up by those with ‘suppressed’ views that feeds extremism and results in people doing things like voting for Brexit - despite, I suspect,  many Brexit voters being supportive of the principles of globalism and Europe.

Not over enthused by Brexit myself but at least it has emboldened the Home Secretary to state most trying to enter the country are not  ‘asylum seekers’ but illegal ‘economic migrants’ something that before the debate no politician was ‘brave/honest’ enough to say. 

Although I think for someone whose own father was an economic migrant here in the 1960s his comments smack a bit of "it was OK for me but not for you". Pulling up the drawbridge after he entered!

Anyway, going off the topic a bit there.

I did say "best avoided" not "should be come down on like a ton of bricks". It's just about avoiding offensive stereotypes. Just good manners.

Plenty of things you can say as banter that avoids such potentially sensitive subjects, so why not go down that route.

I'm not advocating folk get nicked for it.

Can somebody say it is political correctness gone mad so I can complete my bingo card? ??

Seem to be a lot of comments about people being offended on others behalf. Are we saying that white people shouldn't get offended at racism because it isn't really experienced with any regularity by them? By this argument, unless you've played professionally you shouldn't be commenting on City's performances? There are plenty of black representative groups who campaign against racism;  so as a a white person I'm happy to take their word for it that this still an ongoing issue, regardless of whatever additional knowledge and experience I have about it.

Look, context is everything in these situations. There may well be non white individuals who don't mind / let comments wash over them. That's up to them. I also appreciate that there are white people who get nervous about language used, and that something considered inocuous years ago may not be now. However it's not about thought control, it's simply about asking people to refer to others with respect, and be aware of how and why we have got to this point.  

Cheers

Only one idiot

the ding dong was before the game...….

Archived