IGNORED

Alcohol in sight of pitch - Bolton

WelshRobin

5 minutes ago, WelshRobin said:

I assume there has been no change to this rule? Quite a number of fans openly carrying pints etc walking past stewards as they entered the South Stand on Friday night and taking their seats. I think a senior steward appeared much later and sorted it out.

Saw this too, looked like it was loads of students who had clearly never been before as they didn’t have a clue where they were sitting and a few had to move as they were in other peoples seats. How they managed to bring drinks through as easy as that I’ll never know!

I wonder whether some of the junior stewards get mixed up between the rugby and football. One they’re allowed to let people with alcohol into the stands one you’re not. Easy to forget which one has which rule if you don’t really care about sport.

10 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Saw this too, looked like it was loads of students who had clearly never been before as they didn’t have a clue where they were sitting and a few had to move as they were in other peoples seats. How they managed to bring drinks through as easy as that I’ll never know!

That's what I thought, although a number were wearing City shirts so assumed they might have at least come a couple of times, or a few regulars decided to chance it as others were getting away with it. They were walking straight past the stewards on the stairs!

23 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

As someone who likes a beer - but never gets involved in violence, I can’t see the problem with plastic glasses of beer being consumed in your seats. 

You cant do much damage with those plastic glasses anyway. 

Not the point, it would lead to people constantly going out for refills , piss etc I would hate it...........don't care about rugby as I don't go .

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Not the point, it would lead to people constantly going out for refills , piss etc I would hate it...........don't care about rugby as I don't go .

Easy solution for that would be stopping the selling of alcohol from 3 till around 3:40 and then again during the 2nd half. They should do this at Rugby too. I don't understand people who risk missing goals/tries just to grab a pint.

A few not far from me go down on about 35 minutes and generally don't get seen again. They stay in the concourse drinking and watching it on the tv - personally don't see the point of going to do that.

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Fair comment. 

I’m blessed with an iron bladder so I can go hours without a wee. I also wouldn’t dream about leaving my seat mid-game for a top-up.

i would however, like to be able to carry my beer - bought OUTSIDE playing times - back to consume it during the game at a leisurely pace - after all, its not just beer that makes you wee - all the soft drinks and teas/coffees do to - but they are allowed  

5 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Fair comment. 

I’m blessed with an iron bladder so I can go hours without a wee. I also wouldn’t dream about leaving my seat mid-game for a top-up.

i would however, like to be able to carry my beer - bought OUTSIDE playing times - back to consume it during the game at a leisurely pace - after all, its not just beer that makes you wee - all the soft drinks and teas/coffees do to - but they are allowed  

Not very sensible for males filling one's bladder and holding it for any length of time. It could cause early arrival of the "waterworks" problems that 99% of males get as they age.

2 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I don't think it would. Football is quite an intense game without many long periods of stoppages so if you go to get a beer the chances are you could miss a goal. In rugby it's a lot different obviously.

18 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Fair comment. 

Fair enough ,but not everyone is as sensible as regards consumption.

I’d be lying if I didn’t get ‘caught short’ occasionally, but it’s extremely rare for me. I tend to ensure that I have a pee before sitting down to the first half. I admit that I tend to go and buy a beer at half time (but not early) and I end up trying to slam it down in approx 5 mins. 

I do agree selling drinks OF ANY SORT outside playing times should be banned - that might discourage people from leaving their seats early.  

54 minutes ago, BS3City said:

Saw a couple of people carrying pints to their seats in the South Stand too. Seems pretty pointless really cos you're gonna lose it if/when we score...

And more to the point everyone around you will be showered with it. I for one don`t fancy a two hour drive back to Devon in a warm car stinking of stale cider just because someone near me can`t go 45 minutes of their life without needing a drink.

4 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

As someone who likes a beer - but never gets involved in violence, I can’t see the problem with plastic glasses of beer being consumed in your seats. 

You cant do much damage with those plastic glasses anyway. 

Its the possibility of someone near you getting up every 15 minutes for a piss or refill  Drives people nuts at the rugby.

Archived