IGNORED

How does this cretin keep getting employed ?

Ashtonwurzel

7 minutes ago, arrytheb said:

Was only pointing out to the poster that he didn't break his leg as was claimed. Not trying to justify or defend it

It's OK, I wasn't  questioning your opinion, just stating mine.

7 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Keane. Great player, but I'm not sure I'd want to go for a pint with him

He's always got that thing about him where I know I've managed to really piss off Mrs Woodsy, but I'm not overly sure why and can't really be arsed to ask. You know?

Certainly enjoy him as a pundit, especially when he put Ian Wright in his place after the WC SF about how England thought all they had to do was turn up to win. Great watch if you can find it, he said everything that I wanted to say, but he wasn't half pissed on Thatchers or on the verge of tears at the time

Impressive beard game too

Just a shit Scott Wagstaff.

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

As a player he was a bully. He bullied his opponents, and he tried to bully his own side. It's what got him immediately sold from Man Utd, after all, and it's probably one of the reasons why his name is never uttered in the same breath as the likes of Scholes, Giggs, or even Beckham....

...well, I think he is seen very much as a United great , alongside those players you mentioned. After all, he was voted in Man Utd’s greatest ever premier league side by their fans....Beckham wasn’t included...

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/greatest-united-premier-league-xi

4 hours ago, arrytheb said:

No. I said he didn't deliberately break his leg because he didn't deliberately or otherwise break his leg. ?

Roy Keane has reiterated his stance over the horror tackle that ended Alf-Inge Haaland's career by insisting he has "no regrets". 

Writing in his first autobiography Keane admitted he set out to injure the Manchester City man on that day in 2001 and the former Manchester United midfielder has now spoken in a similar vein in his new autobiography The Second Half

"There are things I regret in my life and he's not one of them," says Keane. 

The feud between the two players began in 1997 when Keane ruptured his cruciate ligament while attempting to foul Haaland, who claimed his opponent was faking injury. 

Keane then got his revenge four years later in vicious style, landing his studs on Haaland right knee during a Manchester derby at Old Trafford.

"I'd waited long enough. I f------ hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you c---," Keane wrote in his first autobiography. 

"And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries. Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, f--- him. 

"What goes around, comes around. He got his just rewards. He f----- me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye." 

Keane, who had been fined £5,000 and given a three-match ban at the time of the tackle, was subject to an FA inquiry after the release of his first autobiography and received an additional five game ban and £150,000 fine.

5 minutes ago, Unan said:

Roy Keane has reiterated his stance over the horror tackle that ended Alf-Inge Haaland's career by insisting he has "no regrets". 

Writing in his first autobiography Keane admitted he set out to injure the Manchester City man on that day in 2001 and the former Manchester United midfielder has now spoken in a similar vein in his new autobiography The Second Half

The feud between the two players began in 1997 when Keane ruptured his cruciate ligament while attempting to foul Haaland, who claimed his opponent was faking injury. 

Keane then got his revenge four years later in vicious style, landing his studs on Haaland right knee during a Manchester derby at Old Trafford.

"I'd waited long enough. I f------ hit him hard. The ball was there (I think). Take that you c---," Keane wrote in his first autobiography. 

"And don't ever stand over me sneering about fake injuries. Even in the dressing room afterwards, I had no remorse. My attitude was, f--- him. 

"What goes around, comes around. He got his just rewards. He f----- me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye." 

Keane, who had been fined £5,000 and given a three-match ban at the time of the tackle, was subject to an FA inquiry after the release of his first autobiography and received an additional five game ban and £150,000 fine.

What a role model for young men.

6 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I don’t know the bloke but from what I’ve seen and read about him he and I would definitely not get on. He comes across as an arrogant bully and I can’t abide that sort of scumbag. 

I would guess that most of his team mates at utd didnt see him as a bully

They most likely seen him as a winner in a team of winners 

Its a mans game If your going to run to your agent every time a team mate tells you 

a few home truths Then football may not be your game

2 hours ago, Unan said:

What's your point? Point out where I've defended him. I pointed out that he didn't deliberately break his leg as he didn't break his leg. 

He also didn't end his career. He retired because his left leg had 3 operations and couldn't recover from it. Absolutely nothing to do with the foul by Keane. 

Haaland tried to sue Keane but then admitted he retired because of a injury he had before that game.

Just trying to point out the facts of the story ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Unan said:

So, Roy Keane injures himself ,rupturing his cruciate ligament, while attempting to foul Haaland.

Then four years later Keane sets out to seriously injury Haaland with a vicious assault/tackle, and possibly end his career, but regards his actions as revenge, because what goes around, comes around.

Haaland's offence was accusing Keane of faking the injury!

Sounds like the actions of a psychopath to me.

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

...well, I think he is seen very much as a United great , alongside those players you mentioned. After all, he was voted in Man Utd’s greatest ever premier league side by their fans....Beckham wasn’t included...

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/greatest-united-premier-league-xi

Roy Keane was magnificent footballer. He was a engine, excellent pass, decent finish, especially in his early days, obviously cracking defensively as well. His performances Vs Juventus in the 99 Champions League semi and Holland when Ireland qualified for the 2002 WC were immense and will stand the test of time. Outside of Man Utd fans he is one of the most underrated top flight players over the past 2-3 decades. 

48 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Roy Keane was magnificent footballer. He was a engine, excellent pass, decent finish, especially in his early days, obviously cracking defensively as well. His performances Vs Juventus in the 99 Champions League semi and Holland when Ireland qualified for the 2002 WC were immense and will stand the test of time. Outside of Man Utd fans he is one of the most underrated top flight players over the past 2-3 decades. 

Absolutely spot on. Right up there with the best midfielders the Premiership has ever seen. Quite simply, with Keane in your team, you significantly increased your percentage of winning. Would also add to all the people who are knocking his personality, he was popular amongst his teammates. Personally love listening to Keane. The Viera & Keane ‘ Best of Enemies’ ( think it was called) well worth watching. COYR 

9 hours ago, harrys said:

His style of play was not dissimilar to the greatest City player of the last 50 years, Gerry Gow

Point taken.............but i never saw or was told that GG ever commiited GBH on a player like Keane did on Haland, having seen the footage of the assault [it's NOT a tackle?] he should have got 3 months in a Government holiday camp?  What a nasty fecker.

1 hour ago, Simon79 said:

Absolutely spot on. Right up there with the best midfielders the Premiership has ever seen. Quite simply, with Keane in your team, you significantly increased your percentage of winning. Would also add to all the people who are knocking his personality, he was popular amongst his teammates. Personally love listening to Keane. The Viera & Keane ‘ Best of Enemies’ ( think it was called) well worth watching. COYR 

No one's disputing the fact that he was an outstanding footballer, and a leader that any team would love to have in their midfield...............but he was also on occcasions a nasty vindictive character. And i'd be happy to tell him that if i ever met him................not that he'd care.

On 28/01/2019 at 16:49, TomF said:

Capture.PNG

Wouldn't say that's great.  Did well in his first season at Sunderland but after that.. 

Better win percentage than a lot of reputable managers and he's come in as an assistant. I think a lot of clubs would love a no nonsense assistant like him. He knows the game, has a no bullshit attitude and will certainly make players work hard. 

5 hours ago, maxjak said:

Point taken.............but i never saw or was told that GG ever commiited GBH on a player like Keane did on Haland, having seen the footage of the assault [it's NOT a tackle?] he should have got 3 months in a Government holiday camp?  What a nasty fecker.

If GG could of caught Justin Fashanu there would of been a serious case of GBH, according to Fashanu’s book ? 

Archived