IGNORED

who were the City fans on the one show on monday night

Never to the dark side

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It is.

Not only did we have to explain to the landlord of the pub why we wanted The One Show on, we then got sucked in to watching it, followed briefly by Inside West or whatever it's called.

It's like Blue Peter for adults.

He wasn't a gashead was he? 

'5th round of the FA Cup? What's that?' 

I really don't understand the appeal of the One Show at all. I never watch it unless the FA Cup draw is on it and, whenever I do, I can never figure out why anyone else is watching it. Yesterday's show was proper 90s. Who'd have ever thought the lead singer of Kenickie and the lead singer of Skunk Ananasie would feature on the same prime time BBC TV show in 2019? 

A few years ago when they asked for fans someone from the Bristol City Community Trust represented us. I heard yesterday it was very short notice but an appeal was put out, dunno where, for any London based City fans to step in. Obviously someone heard.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I really don't understand the appeal of the One Show at all. I never watch it unless the FA Cup draw is on it and, whenever I do, I can never figure out why anyone else is watching it. Yesterday's show was proper 90s. Who'd have ever thought the lead singer of Kenickie and the lead singer of Skunk Ananasie would feature on the same prime time BBC TV show in 2019? 

I hate everything about the One Show, really can’t stand it. It’s actually a standing joke in my house that as soon as I hear a millisecond of the theme music I am screaming for MrRedM ( who has control of the remote ) to turn it over. Last night he stitched me up by telling me the draw was at 7.15, so we put it on at 7.10 to be sure. Twenty bloody minutes spent watching that rubbish, couldn’t tell you what was on though. Absolute garbage of a programme.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

It’s the modern Nationwide

Back to since a kid , the 7pm slot has been reserved by the BBC for

Boring Shite’

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It is.

Not only did we have to explain to the landlord of the pub why we wanted The One Show on, we then got sucked in to watching it, followed briefly by Inside West or whatever it's called.

It's like Blue Peter for adults.

Correct: just look at Countryfile, BBC Breakfast, etc. Frankly, embarrassing.

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

If it was Lauren Laverne I'd have let her loose with the balls ......

A truly awful program. They invite people on & ask then questions about stuff they know nothing about.

When they do have the cup draw there will be 2 sets of viewers:-

• Regular One Show viewers who are shouting at the TV that this awful football stuff is ruining their entertainment
  • Footy fans who want to hear the draw, having to sit through 25 minutes of garbage before the draw.

It's a lose / lose scenario. It needs 2 separate programmes.

3 minutes ago, finbarr_in_z said:

A truly awful program. They invite people on & ask then questions about stuff they know nothing about.

When they do have the cup draw there will be 2 sets of viewers:-

• Regular One Show viewers who are shouting at the TV that this awful football stuff is ruining their entertainment
  • Footy fans who want to hear the draw, having to sit through 25 minutes of garbage before the draw.

It's a lose / lose scenario. It needs 2 separate programmes.

The modern day nationwide or even that's life.......

2 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Correct: just look at Countryfile, BBC Breakfast, etc. Frankly, embarrassing.

I love Countryfile, it’s my Sunday evening teatime chill out.

Quite like BBC breakfast too depending on who is presenting. Dan Walker can usually be relied on to make up a balls up off something on a daily basis and I love how he digs a hole for himself and makes things worse but gets everyone to like him and laugh at the same time.

I was one of the two chaps on the telly last night. Yes it was bloody cold, yes it was bit cringey but nevertheless we had a laugh on the night -  there were some certifiable belters there from the other clubs which kept us amused. 

The BBC asked OTIB fanzine, who got in touch with City London Supporters and two of us were free after work to go and do it - got there at 5pm and stood around in 3 degrees until the live broadcast at 7.20pm. 

Archived