IGNORED

who were the City fans on the one show on monday night

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Woodsy - you seen the overly camp presenter  ......

F439806E-0B83-4BC0-99E6-04292D148DAD.jpeg

Make it stop, I cannot un-see this, Bob ffs ?

18 minutes ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

I was one of the two chaps on the telly last night. Yes it was bloody cold, yes it was bit cringey but nevertheless we had a laugh on the night -  there were some certifiable belters there from the other clubs which kept us amused. 

The BBC asked OTIB fanzine, who got in touch with City London Supporters and two of us were free after work to go and do it - got there at 5pm and stood around in 3 degrees until the live broadcast at 7.20pm. 

Ha, didn't they let you inside? The miserable sods, you pay for a licence, you should be allowed in to keep warm!

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It is.

Not only did we have to explain to the landlord of the pub why we wanted The One Show on, we then got sucked in to watching it, followed briefly by Inside West or whatever it's called.

It's like Blue Peter for adults.

You could have explained that you were interested to find out if the balls were frozen or not 

20 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Make it stop, I cannot un-see this, Bob ffs ?

Ha, didn't they let you inside? The miserable sods, you pay for a licence, you should be allowed in to keep warm!

Ha!  To their credit they did tell us beforehand we’d be outside so we were well prepared plus there were hot drinks and heaters there so not all bad. 

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

It is.

Not only did we have to explain to the landlord of the pub why we wanted The One Show on, we then got sucked in to watching it, followed briefly by Inside West or whatever it's called.

It's like Blue Peter for adults.

Blue Peter for Adults?...............That is Spot On..............Brilliant Analogy!

2 hours ago, BCFCinNW6 said:

I was one of the two chaps on the telly last night. Yes it was bloody cold, yes it was bit cringey but nevertheless we had a laugh on the night -  there were some certifiable belters there from the other clubs which kept us amused. 

The BBC asked OTIB fanzine, who got in touch with City London Supporters and two of us were free after work to go and do it - got there at 5pm and stood around in 3 degrees until the live broadcast at 7.20pm. 

Did they pay you?.............otherwise why were you there?

The One Show is just appalling - I never watch it , but unfathomably Mrs. The Bad seems to quite like it. :blink:

Countryfile's always been worth watching. Just need to get rid of the younger, over excitable presenters, and give over the whole show to the farmer, Adam Henson, with John Craven having his own, very sincere, segment every week - more than just chatting about the annual calendar anyway.

The rest of them ( including the 'housewives favourite' Matt Baker, who is 'OK' in small doses) seem on the very verge of hysteria most of the time and are obviously under orders to partake in all sorts of activities to make the programme 'action packed' - not suitable for a countryside programme on a Sunday evening at all.

They don't need to try and attract a younger audience - Countryfile is what it is, and I doubt many millennials watch it anyway.

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The One Show is just appalling - I never watch it , but unfathomably Mrs. The Bad seems to quite like it. :blink:

Countryfile's always been worth watching. Just need to get rid of the younger, over excitable presenters, and give over the whole show to the farmer, Adam Henson, with John Craven having his own, very sincere, segment every week - more than just chatting about the annual calendar anyway.

The rest of them ( including the 'housewives favourite' Matt Baker, who is 'OK' in small doses) seem on the very verge of hysteria most of the time and are obviously under orders to partake in all sorts of activities to make the programme 'action packed' - not suitable for a countryside programme on a Sunday evening at all.

They don't need to try and attract a younger audience - Countryfile is what it is, and I doubt many millennials watch it anyway.

I agree, should just be Adam Henson and John Craven as far as I’m concerned. Both excellent.

Matt Baker, housewives fav? , Nah this housewife much prefers Adam,  but I guess you already figured that :laugh:

I'm 30. I watch it. 30 counts as millennial. Countryfile is great, now I live in London it actually serves to remind me of growing up in Somerset. Nice pre-Monday chill out.

15 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I'm 30. I watch it. 30 counts as millennial. Countryfile is great, now I live in London it actually serves to remind me of growing up in Somerset. Nice pre-Monday chill out.

Does it? Sounds a bit old to me to be classed as a millennial, but I could be wrong.

You're 'getting on a bit now' as my Dad wrote on my 30th birthday card!

My daughter's 30. I'll have to ask her if she considers herself to be one.

Your background growing up in Somerset may make you an exception to the rule as a young (-ish) London resident who watches Countryfile. I suspect most of them, like my grown up children, don't watch terrestrial TV  much at all.

15 hours ago, RedM said:

I agree, should just be Adam Henson and John Craven as far as I’m concerned. Both excellent.

Matt Baker, housewives fav? , Nah this housewife much prefers Adam,  but I guess you already figured that :laugh:

Indeed @RedM, I thought there might be something about him you'd like. :whistle2:

Henson is really good imo. - he had a 1 hour special recently and it was far better, and more informative, than the normal Countryfile, which as I say is spoilt a bit for me these days by some of the near hyper younger presenters.

I've 'combed through' a few pictures of Adam Henson and come up with this one just for you.:farmer: :hug:

Image result for adam henson

Indeed @RedM, I thought there might be something about him you'd like. :whistle2:

Henson is really good imo. - he had a 1 hour special recently and it was far better, and more informative, than the normal Countryfile, which as I say is spoilt a bit for me these days by some of the near hyper younger presenters.

I've 'combed through' a few pictures of Adam Henson and come up with this one just for you.:farmer: :hug:

Image result for adam henson

Awww cute, and the pig isn’t bad either! 

I’ve actually got his book a few years ago, sadly not signed. I’ll  have to dig it out and read it. 

46 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I have this vibe you are a bit of a ginger fan M .... just a vibe .....

?️‍♀️

What ever gave you that idea...someone’s got to love ‘em. Everyone else is quick to support other minority’s groups, I thought I would stick up for the gingers ?

Archived