IGNORED

pitch okay? snow forecast from midday thursday

Never to the dark side

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Really, I posted them thinking positively that the pitch will only get better and there’s little to no snow on the steps of the stands.

The pitch will be clear enough in any instance.

This is a key bit that sometimes perhaps gets overlooked- as you say a lack of snow on the steps of the stand is quite important. Looks reasonably encouraging at this stage I'd think what with the forecast etc.

Surrounding areas might be a different matter- time will tell.

1 hour ago, marmite said:

On a serious note, when will the club make a decision?  Lots of fans of both sides have to sort out travel. Main roads not too bad but it is still coming down steadily in BS14.

There will not be a decision to be made

Assume you have been out today? Even up here the roads are passable and am told down South the worst has passed and the temperature is slowly on the rise already

Let's all look forward to a cracking afternoon of football and me spending the morning crawling down the M6

31 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

As my early date with the soon to be Mrs Isewater went well, I asked if she wanted to see my foot.

As I undid my trousers she said «  that’s not a foot « 

«  No love but it’s a good nine inches ! « 

Pre decimalisation then Major?

7 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Assume you have been out today? Even up here the roads are passable and am told down South the worst has passed and the temperature is slowly on the rise already

Let's all look forward to a cracking afternoon of football and me spending the morning crawling down the M6

Roads are passable yes, in central areas. Main roads tend to get gritted/cleared.

I reckon it'll be like Sheffield Wednesday last season- in that a decent number might miss it due to difficulties getting to the ground- but the game itself will be on.

FWIW, still snowing in Central Bristol however looks less strong than earlier.

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Only way I would get 10-12 inches is  if I hung a 20pound dumbbell from my boy for a hour . And that would be at a stretch.  :flex:

Only way I would 10-12 inches would be to get a surgeon to take an inch or two off!  :)

Then again, Mrs Downend says I am prone to exaggeration - but when I'm stood up I can stretch a point.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Roads are passable yes, in central areas. Main roads tend to get gritted/cleared.

I reckon it'll be like Sheffield Wednesday last season- in that a decent number might miss it due to difficulties getting to the ground- but the game itself will be on.

FWIW, still snowing in Central Bristol however looks less strong than earlier.

Not so much the snow, it's overnight temps and possible freezing slush that is the difficulty.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Get on with it - they are all a bunch of wussies these days.

In the good old days ( before the prem) a little bit of snow was not a problem - and not a pair of gloves in sight!snow.jpg.0094e36292a90de5a82973fb5841fbb0.jpg

572525680_snow1.thumb.jpg.3d95a4ad70a89789d2914de50c5d204d.jpg

Mind you, health and safety didn't exist back in the day!

509793222_snow2.thumb.jpg.e9cfcfc9e10b965b7ac5c1535a41b464.jpg

Is that Tony Hancock on the left?

42 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Really, I posted them thinking positively that the pitch will only get better and there’s little to no snow on the steps of the stands.

Not worried about the pitch with the under soil heating or the stands. The walk ways around the pitch look very snowy and just hope that paths and routes in to AG are safe and clear enough for the Health & Safety brigade.

36 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

weather-warning-southerners-are-urged-not-to-travel-unless-absolutely-14968264.png

• Admin
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

The snow is actually starting to thaw in Downend.  Not thawing alarmingly quickly, but definitely thawing.

Was just going to add the same thing, looking out of my office window in Brislington the snow if falling off the building opposite at a fast rate, and the lightning conductors that were covered in snow earlier are now clear of snow

12 inches in Marlborough and still snowing hard. Zero  degrees . BBC reporting from M4 Chippenham this morning , very little traffic moving

A4 has zero traffic between Marlborough and Calne  ATM . Don't' fancy Tog Hill tomorrow if it freezes overnight, need some skis to get down! 

Hopefully thaw overnight and the game is on as over 23,000 tickets sold. Good luck to the Jacks travelling too.

Archived