IGNORED

Diony

BristolBEAT

St Etienne are fourth he is their second leading scorer with 5. Playing quite a bit too.

They have done Sala proud tonight. Before the match an amazing tribute and they stopped the entire match in the ninth minute to give an ovation. Well done. Also seen a touching sign from Cardiff fans on display at Nantes. Fantastic ?

I've said this before and I got panned for it. Diony was not useless for us. He barely got a chance in a team that was already on it's way down.

Do you know how many minutes he played for us? 198. Just over 2 games, mainly from sub appearances. How many players shine that quickly?

And yet many will have him in our worst all time XI's. He didn't score a respectable amount of goals in Ligue 1 by accident ya know!

2 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Why was he so utterly useless with us? 

Because to anybody who'd ever seen him play, his threatening pace, down channels, with speed of thought, didn't accord with the ponderous, multi-pass, fail to get forward then knock long approach we adopted for the second half of the season.

Horses for courses and only mystery is why the hell we took him in the first place?

I read somewhere that Diony was seriously homesick and depressed. 

He must have shown SOMETHING in training to even get on the bench, but his head was elsewhere and it was plain to see he was not fitting in. The more the crowd got on his back the worse it got - not blaming the crowd btw - he was awful for us, but it would make a miserable player feel even worse if your own fans hate you.

Good luck to him - but a learning curve for us too - we usually get the ‘head games’ right when selecting players, but we cocked up on that occasion. 

For me, Kent looked like a schoolboy player with a little bit of skill who wanted to take on the entire opposition by himself. The number of times he ran into traffic was crazy. 

2 hours ago, nebristolred said:

I've said this before and I got panned for it. Diony was not useless for us. He barely got a chance in a team that was already on it's way down.

Do you know how many minutes he played for us? 198. Just over 2 games, mainly from sub appearances. How many players shine that quickly?

And yet many will have him in our worst all time XI's. He didn't score a respectable amount of goals in Ligue 1 by accident ya know!

And I don't think a single one of those was alongside Bobby which for the life of me I couldn't understand

If we were offered him for next to nothing I'd still consider taking him on a short term contract. From the (limited) time I saw of him there seems to be a good player in him and giving him a pre-season to get used to the tactics, new country and more game time I think he'd be a 10-15 goals a season player   

Archived