IGNORED

Liverpool v Leicester

Lrrr

5 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Not using the pitch as an example but home teams normally have little ways of trying to gain an advantage, however slight. Didn't Cambridge Utd always make sure there was no hot water in the away dressing room? Someone else used to leave the heating on full blast. Someone else with blasting music through to the away dressing rooms.

Can’t rememver who it was, but one team made the away team park their team bus like a mile away from the ground? 

Another recently painted the away changing rooms pink as it’s known to  calm/soothe moods?

Every team does it, ignorant if you think otherwise.

FWIW just saw it on Match of The Day. Although undoubted that one half had more snow on than another, I don’t think it was so excessive that I’d have expected the ref to call it, or it to alter the game.

May be something in intent, but not in execution - and I’d be sure if we were talking a drift on one half vs clear on the other, questions would be asked. Just looked like something and nothing to me.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Non story, teams regularly water the pitch/don’t water the pitch etc in certain areas. Most stadia have dressing rooms with psychological disadvantages in the away end.

im also sure this happens in every sport in the world 

We did the Barcelona stadium tour recently, and the away dressing room has big photos around the walls of football legends of past and present. Apparently its to psychologically make the players feel inferior.

11 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Can’t rememver who it was, but one team made the away team park their team bus like a mile away from the ground? 

Another recently painted the away changing rooms pink as it’s known to  calm/soothe moods?

Every team does it, ignorant if you think otherwise.

8 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

We did the Barcelona stadium tour recently, and the away dressing room has big photos around the walls of football legends of past and present. Apparently its to psychologically make the players feel inferior.

There's a difference between trying to get in the head of an opponent (managers are always playing mind games- look at Mourinho v1, Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson. It was constant) and actually altering the pitch to cause them a disadvantage.

Can't remember the team or manager but there was a club who let the grass on the wide advanced areas grow longer because they played long balls into that area and it slowed the ball down and stopped it running out of play. But because it was the same at both ends of the pitch that isn't an issue while still creating a home advantage- they are used to it, but the conditions are the same for both teams.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

There's a difference between trying to get in the head of an opponent (managers are always playing mind games- look at Mourinho v1, Wenger and Sir Alex Ferguson. It was constant) and actually altering the pitch to cause them a disadvantage.

Can't remember the team or manager but there was a club who let the grass on the wide advanced areas grow longer because they played long balls into that area and it slowed the ball down and stopped it running out of play. But because it was the same at both ends of the pitch that isn't an issue while still creating a home advantage- they are used to it, but the conditions are the same for both teams.

Correct James

Some seem to find it difficult to grasp the basic concept

You may be thinking of John Beck at Cambridge (And his assistant ...a certain Gary Johnson) who had the grass longer in corners to hold ball up

But As you say same conditions for both sides

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Correct James

You may be thinking of John Beck at Cambridge (And his assistant ...a certain Gary Johnson) who had the grass longer in corners to hold ball up

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of. 

IMO the clearing of the snow (or lack of) is closer to players digging up the penalty spot a la Colombia in the World Cup than it is to painting a dressing room.

That said, having now seen highlights of the game, I'm not sure exactly how much of an advantage Liverpool would have got as there wasn't a huge amount of snow. More about intent as @Silvio Dante said.

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Correct James

Here is an example from this season:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1017992/Jamie-Carragher-Tottenham-tactics-Liverpool-Wembley-pitch-half-time

I honestly believe it is more common place than you would have it.

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You linked to a thread on here where someone only saw one half of the pitch get watered,  yet in reality- as said in the posts on the thread- both halfs were watered.

Serves me right for only reading the top two posts. I could argue that it's one word against another though ?

2 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Here is an example from this season:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1017992/Jamie-Carragher-Tottenham-tactics-Liverpool-Wembley-pitch-half-time

I honestly believe it is more common place than you would have it.

Serves me right for only reading the top two posts. I could argue that it's one word against another though ?

Rubbish we all know it's only Liverpool that do it...….

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, that's who I was thinking of. 

IMO the clearing of the snow (or lack of) is closer to players digging up the penalty spot a la Colombia in the World Cup than it is to painting a dressing room.

That said, having now seen highlights of the game, I'm not sure exactly how much of an advantage Liverpool would have got as there wasn't a huge amount of snow. More about intent as @Silvio Dante said.

Listening to 5 Live during half time and they said that they were sure the groundstaff were doctoring the wrong penalty area, as it would surely be an advantage to the defenders to have a clear penalty area. 

1 hour ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Listening to 5 Live during half time and they said that they were sure the groundstaff were doctoring the wrong penalty area, as it would surely be an advantage to the defenders to have a clear penalty area. 

Looking at what they did , it looked like the theory was the slush was slowing the passing around the edge of the box and any strikes on goal Horse

11 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not sure what the rules say Hodge - will be interesting to see if there is any after news 

You call it gamesmanship

Ill call it cheating

Waiting for you’re evidence clueless one

Ignorant plum and another secret scouser

How can you call it cheating when you don't know the rules? Cheating isn't a matter of opinion.

Maybe you should provide evidence that it's against the rules? Crazy idea I know.

25 minutes ago, Paul Turnip said:

How can you call it cheating when you don't know the rules? Cheating isn't a matter of opinion.

Maybe you should provide evidence that it's against the rules? Crazy idea I know.

You never heard of the word ‘ethics’ I guess or ‘sport’

teenagers :comando: 

What would you call it Turnip ?

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Yes I’ve heard of both of those words thanks. My opinion on the actions isn’t relevant but assuming it’s legal, and I don’t claim to know, then can’t see the problem. It could have quite easily hindered them as helped.

I was just asking you to evidence that it’s cheating. Guess you can’t. No worries.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Actually it pains me to say...but that when I saw that they cleared just one pen area, I thought cheating scoucers,  they at a stroke alienated a large percentage of some fans who wanted them to win the title. Who actually ordered this? Jurgen I guess, not such a Mr nICE guy after all? 

13 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I've done that one, and the Arsenal one. Apparently Wenger had a huge hand in designing the Emirates Dressing rooms. The home changing room is laid out in a way that all players can see each other, the table in the middle lowers so that it doesnt obscure view etc. The away dressing room is angled so that you can't all see each other, the table in the middle is fixed and high meaning you cant see across the room. Several subtle things like this, cant remember the rest now

32 minutes ago, Paul Turnip said:

Yes I’ve heard of both of those words thanks. My opinion on the actions isn’t relevant but assuming it’s legal, and I don’t claim to know, then can’t see the problem. It could have quite easily hindered them as helped.

I was just asking you to evidence that it’s cheating. Guess you can’t. No worries.

Glad you ‘can’t see a problem’

Guess Sport is not for you

1 hour ago, Super said:

I like you Bob but you are having a shocker here mate.

Sorry Super 

But if you remove your Koppite scarf

I think you , Liverpool FC and Klopp are the ones who’ve had  a shocker - did themselves no favours last night and I’m glad they failed in their cheating attempts

Whatever next .....Mo Salah taking another dive ......

7 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Sorry Super 

But if you remove your Koppite scarf

I think you , Liverpool FC and Klopp are the ones who’ve had  a shocker - did themselves no favours last night and I’m glad they failed in their cheating attempts

Whatever next .....Mo Salah taking another dive ......

I suppose City players have never dived either 

8 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I've done that one, and the Arsenal one. Apparently Wenger had a huge hand in designing the Emirates Dressing rooms. The home changing room is laid out in a way that all players can see each other, the table in the middle lowers so that it doesnt obscure view etc. The away dressing room is angled so that you can't all see each other, the table in the middle is fixed and high meaning you cant see across the room. Several subtle things like this, cant remember the rest now

Don’t Arsenal extensively polish the floor in the away team’s dressing room as well, to increase the chance of players wearing studs slipping over? Or is that just a myth? 

Archived