IGNORED

QPR Game Moved

Super

3 minutes ago, Dolman Original said:

Hearing the Wolves game will be Sunday 17 Feb at 1300. Rugby moved to Friday before. Also, QPR game to be on Tuesday 12 not Wednesday 13. 

Surely it's too late to move the QPR game?

1 hour ago, Super said:

Surely it's too late to move the QPR game?

57 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

Originally the reason given for the Wednesday midweek home games this season was to allow for extra recovery time so it will be interesting what the logic or reasoning is to revert to Tuesday if indeed it is correct

The league match between City and QPR at Ashton Gate has also been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 12th (7.45pm KO) due to the R’s potential televised FA Cup Fifth Round tie against Watford on Friday, February 15th.

I don't mind the FA Cup date - I have a choice about buying a ticket for that, but as a ST holder the Tuesday night move has a huge impact and means I can't now go. That is now 4 home games missed this season as a ST holder due to moving fixtures. You allow for 1 or 2, but this is getting silly. 

It is this type of rubbish that puts me off us ever getting to the Premier 'screw the fans over' league. 

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Really poor. No need to move QPR

4 minutes ago, myol'man said:

The league match between City and QPR at Ashton Gate has also been rescheduled for Tuesday, February 12th (7.45pm KO) due to the R’s potential televised FA Cup Fifth Round tie against Watford on Friday, February 15th.

For once I don’t think the club had any say in moving the game, League rules dictate! Although, a cup, not a league game, is involved? ?

4 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I don't mind the FA Cup date - I have a choice about buying a ticket for that, but as a ST holder the Tuesday night move has a huge impact and means I can't now go. That is not 4 home games missed this year as a ST holder due to moving fixtures. You allow for 1 or 2, but this is getting silly. 

It is this type of rubbish that puts me off us ever getting to the Premier 'screw the fans over' league. 

It's also seriously making me think about renewing my season ticket for next season, public transport times are a real pain for night games and parking is a nightmare, especially if it's been raining and the field next to the cricket club is not in use.

12 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

QPR are potentially playing on the Friday night. Can't really expect them to play Wednesday and then Friday.

League game is a previously agreed date. With 12 days, people will have made plans. Even TV games don't tend to move this close!

The FA Cup potential game involving QPR could be played Saturday / Sunday or Monday night. It's been picked to be a Friday night knowing that will impact upon the previously arranged league game. That is what will piss off a vast number of people and why the QPR game should've stuck. Someone has actively scheduled this and known it will make a ripple of changes. Do the club have the ability to veto it? Presumably there is some ability to push back?

18 minutes ago, tommy_b said:

League game is a previously agreed date. With 12 days, people will have made plans. Even TV games don't tend to move this close!

The FA Cup potential game involving QPR could be played Saturday / Sunday or Monday night. It's been picked to be a Friday night knowing that will impact upon the previously arranged league game. That is what will piss off a vast number of people and why the QPR game should've stuck. Someone has actively scheduled this and known it will make a ripple of changes. Do the club have the ability to veto it? Presumably there is some ability to push back?

Exactly, no need whatsoever to schedule a potential game on the Friday, when another few days are an option with no knock ons.

2 hours ago, Sandhurst Red said:

I don't mind the FA Cup date - I have a choice about buying a ticket for that, but as a ST holder the Tuesday night move has a huge impact and means I can't now go. That is now 4 home games missed this season as a ST holder due to moving fixtures. You allow for 1 or 2, but this is getting silly. 

Agree. It's bad enough when it gets moved because your own team is on TV. Now we get a last minute change because some other team is on TV.

3 hours ago, BCFC1959 said:

Originally the reason given for the Wednesday midweek home games this season was to allow for extra recovery time so it will be interesting what the logic or reasoning is to revert to Tuesday if indeed it is correct

I thought the move to Weds was to give Sky even numbers of red button games midweek. So, the game is moved from Tuesday to Wednesday because of TV, and then, with 12 days notice, is moved back to Tuesday.........because of TV. Who runs football? 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

I thought the move to Weds was to give Sky even numbers of red button games midweek. So, the game is moved from Tuesday to Wednesday because of TV, and then, with 12 days notice, is moved back to Tuesday.........because of TV. Who runs football? 

I think we all know that answer..... sadly.

Can't really put blame on people for QPR game being moved, you can't wait until Tuesday to see the result then move the game on a weeks notice and BT have only announced the games today so discussions will have started as soon as they were contacted about being put on tv.

13 minutes ago, hodge said:

Can't really put blame on people for QPR game being moved, you can't wait until Tuesday to see the result then move the game on a weeks notice and BT have only announced the games today so discussions will have started as soon as they were contacted about being put on tv.

Agree, but surely you just don't schedule the potential QPR tie for the Friday night? All they needed do is schedule that for any of the other 3 days and then no need to move a League game that many will have made arrangements for in the first place - pretty simple really. Unless I am missing something?

Archived