IGNORED

Marley Watkins

Alan Dicks

2 hours ago, mozo said:

Here's a question I hesitate to ask...

Is Watkins the back up for Fammy up top? 

6ft 1 and not a bad finisher?

No? I'll shut up then...

When was the last time City converted a midfi.........hang on a minute.

Actually Watkins played CF v Boro earlier this season in one of LJ’s hairbrain ideas.  He had a poor game.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When was the last time City converted a midfi.........hang on a minute.

Actually Watkins played CF v Boro earlier this season in one of LJ’s hairbrain ideas.  He had a poor game.

Wow, don't recall that, but it does strike me as a move that LJ would play...

15 hours ago, shelts said:

One of the worst players to don the red shirt of Bristol City . 

You're entitled to your opinion but that's unfounded rubbish. 

From the little appearances he's had he has scored a few goals including the match winner v a very good Sheff Utd team. 

Did you ever see Lois Diony play?

10 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Frankly they were all pretty rubbish that day. Weird 4-3-1-2 formation never to be seen again. Can't lay it all on Watkins.

Certainly wasn’t laying the defeat on Watkins, just saying he didn’t play very well as a target man

1 hour ago, Swede said:

You're entitled to your opinion but that's unfounded rubbish. 

From the little appearances he's had he has scored a few goals including the match winner v a very good Sheff Utd team. 

Did you ever see Lois Diony play?

It’s just my opinion. Sorry if you find it rubbish . I’d rather play one of the kids than a very average pro

16 hours ago, simon uk said:

Im not his biggest fan but he has scored goals for us in the championship, there have been plenty of others worse than him!

Plenty worse . But on the list !!

This season, since he started at City he has got 5 starts and 10 sub appearances in the league having played just a total 490 minutes of football.

490 minutes is equivalent to just under 5 and a half games and scored 2 goals in this time. 

For a winger who we have seem limited appearances for and struggled with injuries I'd say a return of better than 1 in 3 is pretty decent going, including a critical winning goal against a potential play off rival Sheffield United.

I think from the very limited game time he has had since signing to already write him off as one of the club's biggest ever flops seems farcical, give him a decent run of games and see what we think at the end of the season 

Archived