IGNORED

Hakeep Adelakun

Bristol Rob

I don’t think you can understate the impact his injury had.

He basically lost all pre season. If that happens, the player is up against it from the start - by the time you’re approaching fitness the other players aren’t training in a “pre season” pattern and you’re on a different physical need from them. Add in that it’s a level up and the additional demands, together with the “pattern of play” stuff, if you’re out for 14 weeks in reality it’s longer before you’re ready to be properly in contention.

Cant judge if he’s good enough as yet but can see why he’s not in the group on a match day in view of the above 

31 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I don’t think you can understate the impact his injury had.

He basically lost all pre season. If that happens, the player is up against it from the start - by the time you’re approaching fitness the other players aren’t training in a “pre season” pattern and you’re on a different physical need from them. Add in that it’s a level up and the additional demands, together with the “pattern of play” stuff, if you’re out for 14 weeks in reality it’s longer before you’re ready to be properly in contention.

Cant judge if he’s good enough as yet but can see why he’s not in the group on a match day in view of the above 

Spot on he will be a very exciting player once ready and I think he will fill CP role nicely once he returns to Chelsea.

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Against Rotherham, I thought he showed some promising touches.  I don't think he is fully fit by a long shot but I'm pretty sure the ability is there. I agree that he might be another player like Eliasson who really kicks on in his second season. 

I thought he showed some promise in that game too, and was on the move a lot.

4 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

What's happened to Hakeeb Adeola Jerome Abiola Ayinde Adelakun? Is he injured or just not good enough? 

Can't play until they find a shirt big enough to fit all of his name in.

On 01/02/2019 at 18:03, Tyna said:

Maybe we will see more of him after the tribunal has been settled. As he has not established himself in the first team he will probably cost less than if he had made 25 appearances this season.

Good spot.

I'm sure the club would have liked him to hit the ground running, but putting a positive spin on things, if he had been outstanding for us this season, regardless of how a fee is supposed to be set, it would surely have an influence on the thinking of those responsible ?

Archived