IGNORED

No six Nations Thread?

RED4LIFE

Apologies if there's a thread already but I couldn't see one. If so, Mods please merge.

Anyone interested in this? Personally, I love this competition and am really looking forward to the Ireland/England game tomorrow.

Watching France v Wales now and its great to see France actually playing with cohesion and beating the Welsh.

9 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

I was thinking the same thing and was going to post one, but have just got in from the pub and couldn’t be arsed?

Same here, but posting here is better than chatting to the Mrs about it. Tbf, she loves rugby but as she's from (w)Horfield, I presume she knows nothing about any sport. 

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Bizarre decision by Wales to kick out at the end of the half, great decision by France to take the drop goal....

It was a gamble by Wales but going for touch would've been the equivalent of waving the white flag. Brilliant that France capitalised though.

Good game overall. Typical enigmatic France though. Great first half, poor second half. Wales were pretty lucky that France imploded and made stupid mistakes.

Anyway, on to tomorrow and the Ireland-England game.

Personally, I cant see anything other than an Ireland win in Dublin but Manu may make a difference in getting England the gain-line advantage and giving us a platform to work from.

Henshaw at full-back will give us a little bit of confidence, but we still have the likes of Sexton, Furlong, Murray,  Stander, Ringrose and Stockdale (amongst others) to worry about in the breakdown and when they have ball in hand.

My prediction is Ireland 18- England 10

12 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

Good game overall. Typical enigmatic France though. Great first half, poor second half. Wales were pretty lucky that France imploded and made stupid mistakes.

Anyway, on to tomorrow and the Ireland-England game.

Personally, I cant see anything other than an Ireland win in Dublin but Manu may make a difference in getting England the gain-line advantage and giving us a platform to work from.

Henshaw at full-back will give us a little bit of confidence, but we still have the likes of Sexton, Furlong, Murray,  Stander, Ringrose and Stockdale (amongst others) to worry about in the breakdown and when they have ball in hand.

My prediction is Ireland 18- England 10

Wales were lucky?! Overall, they were the better team. France  made some dreadful errors. Wales fully deserved the win imo. 

Agree that Ireland will see off England.

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Wales were lucky?! Overall, they were the better team. France  made some dreadful errors. Wales fully deserved the win imo. 

Agree that Ireland will see off England.

Really? First half possession for Wales was around 30% with very few phases made. 

Second half they were better but scored mainly from French mistakes. A handling mistake in the French 22 and a terrible pass gave Wales 14 points.

England and Ireland wont make those type of errors.

2nd best team in the world? Just turn up, beat the English and the title is yours? Nonsense. Well played England and fair play to Eddie Jones for his selection and gameplan. Despite the result, the Irish will still get drunk tonight, drowning their sorrows. Top top England performance.

4 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

2nd best team in the world? Just turn up, beat the English and the title is yours? Nonsense. Well played England and fair play to Eddie Jones for his selection and gameplan. Despite the result, the Irish will still get drunk tonight, drowning their sorrows. Top top England performance.

I didn't do that at all.

So then, as much as beating Ireland was a ridiculously impressive result (in their own back yard too), the walk over of France was always likely as the French implode as they always tend to do when teams put the pressure on in the pack and start making phases, as a proud Bristolian playing Wales is always the BIG game in any Six Nations.

Maybe it means more to us because we are the closest major English city to the Union hotbed of South Wales that we get subjected to the hostility and partisan Welsh patriotism more than the rest of the rugby fans in England?

Maybe its because a lot of Bristolians have friends or family that are Welsh due to the proximity of Wales? After all, Cardiff is not far off being as close as Swindon depending on where in Bristol you live?

Whatever the reason,  if you're heading to Cardiff, watching the game at home or in the pub everyone wants to win this one more than the others. None more so than the Welsh themselves.

They're unbeaten, we're unbeaten. They're at home and have a partisan crowd. We've got experienced players that have been to the Millenium/Principality and won before and recent history is on our side.

At 16:45 tomorrow the West side of this island will stop and wait to see who gets bragging rights for the next few months.

Until Japan anyway.

Archived