IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

Swansea have had a dire transfer window and their skipper along with Routledge or out injured.  Just behind us in the league and on a good run at the moment.

But we lie 7th on a 12 game unbeaten run ourselves with one or two possibly coming back from injury and a fairly settled team/squad.

3,300 away fans and a big home crowd,so the atmosphere should be great this afternoon.  3 points will propel us into a top 6 berth with the Rams only managing a draw against Preston last night.  WBA alao playing Boro today, so one orboth will drop points too.

Guessing at the team, but maybe:

Fielding

Pisano Kalas Webster DaSilva

Eliasson Palmer  Pack O'Dowda

Diedhiou Weimann

(I want to fit Brownhill in there but not sure where)

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Swansea have had a dire transfer window and their skipper along with Routledge or out injured.  Just behind us in the league and on a good run at the moment.

But we lie 7th on a 12 game unbeaten run ourselves with one or two possibly coming back from injury and a fairly settled team/squad.

3,300 away fans and a big home crowd,so the atmosphere should be great this afternoon.  3 points will propel us into a top 6 berth with the Rams only managing a draw against Preston last night.  WBA alao playing Boro today, so one orboth will drop points too.

Fielding

Diedhiou Weimann

No Brownhill???

6 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Fielding

Diedhiou Weimann

Can’t see us resulting back to 4-4-2 after the success of 4-1-4-1? Anyhow, whoever plays will give it their best, hoping for a 2-0 win COYR

9 minutes ago, DownendRed97 said:

Can’t see us resulting back to 4-4-2 after the success of 4-1-4-1? Anyhow, whoever plays will give it their best, hoping for a 2-0 win COYR

Absolutely, no way COD, Eliasson and Wiemann all start, 2 from those 3, with Brownhill CM alongside Pack, Palmer in the no.10 role, fammy up front.

Overall today is a great opportunity as we know we go 6th with a win, Swansea with a few key players gone/out, but historically this is when we tend to not deliver. Today we need the win if we are serious play-off contenders, personally think we will get it provided LJ doesn't do anything stupid like starting Pato! 

4 minutes ago, Hocca said:

Palmer centre midfield? ?

Palmer has to play as a 10. I can’t see Weimann being dropped. Palmer sees his runs (Forrest goal)

Fielding 

Pisano

Webster

Kalas

Da Silva

Brownhill

Pack

Palmer

O’Dowda

Weinmann

Diedhiou

subs

O’Leary, Kelly, Hunt, Morrell, Paterson, Eliasson, Eisa

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Fielding

Diedhiou Weimann

Really good game today, knowing, like you've said, that a win gets us into the top six, at the expense of Frank Lampard's County.

Brownhill simply has to be in the team, I trust LJ will find a way to squeeze him in somewhere!

COME ON YOU REDS,

2-0 CITY WIN, Diedhiou and finally Weimann to score again.

Niclas Eliasson to START . Grossly unfair and imo unwise if Weimann replaces him for KO.

Palmer, O'Dowda, Eliasson, Fam

Let's let THEM do the worrying

PS I'm wondering how many would be looking to drop AW to the bench had he assisted a goal and scored a cracker last time out.

Not many, i'm guessing

46 minutes ago, daored said:

Palmer has to play as a 10. I can’t see Weimann being dropped. Palmer sees his runs (Forrest goal)

Fielding 

Pisano

Webster

Kalas

Da Silva

Brownhill

Pack

Palmer

O’Dowda

Weinmann

Diedhiou

subs

O’Leary, Kelly, Hunt, Morrell, Paterson, Eliasson, Eisa

I think that’s probably right, but is Hunt now fit again to be on the bench? If he is, then I think your subs are most likely correct as well, but there will then be mutterings of discontent about Semenyo, as others have predicted.

5 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

I think that’s probably right, but is Hunt now fit again to be on the bench? If he is, then I think your subs are most likely correct as well, but there will then be mutterings of discontent about Semenyo, as others have predicted.

I had completely forgotten about Semenyo to be honest, he will be on the bench for the reasons given above 

3 minutes ago, daored said:

I had completely forgotten about Semenyo to be honest, he will be on the bench for the reasons given above 

After the fanfare about Semenyo recently he must, at least, be a sub. If he is a sub, where does this put £1.5m Eisa, who had a much better scoring record in League 2? The test will be if Semenyo actually gets onto the pitch, for more than the last 5 minutes, in the next few games. If not, why bring him back? 

29 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, if you look at it as 4141.  

I see it as 4231 in attack and 4141 in defence, with LJ concentrating on making sure the players know the transition phase.  Which is why he emphasised after the bolton interview that Palmer needs to know his role, i.e. he can't just play the number 10 that he might want to.

Archived