IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

2 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

FFS LJ 'love affair' with Pato needs to stop. Ridiculous decision for Pato to be in starting 11.  

Not really. 

Pato has looked decent in the last few games, he's been a central part of our form this season. 

Palmer did look good v a makeshift Bolton defence but starting pato makes sense imo

3 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Wowwwwww dropping Palmer after a MOTM game and recalling Semenyo to not even Be in the squad. ?

We are 12 unbeaten how can you question the club? ?

Honestly sometimes the club baffles me. Semenyo you could argue needs a couple weeks around the squad but after his 3 stellar performances Palmer dropped for bang average Paterson I just don’t understand. Been bigged up as the great signing of the window and used in arguments against signing anyone else but can’t get a league start after a month

We know this is is what Johnson does. He tinkers when things are bad but when they're good he sticks with those he trusts. He also distinguishes between the league and the cup. This is his league team. 

I'd also argue that Palmer has a bigger impact as a substitute than Paterson. Maybe that's the thinking?

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Not really. 

Pato has looked decent in the last few games, he's been a central part of our form this season. 

Palmer did look good v a makeshift Bolton defence but starting pato makes sense imo

We will soon see, if this bizarre move to favour Pato above Palmer backfires, the undoubted renewed Johnson Out calls will arguably be justified. 

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We know this is is what Johnson does. He tinkers when things are bad but when they're good he sticks with those he trusts. He also distinguishes between the league and the cup. This is his league team. 

I'd also argue that Palmer has a bigger impact as a substitute than Paterson. Maybe that's the thinking?

While there is sense in that, I would have thought that using Palmer to give us the chance of getting ahead and controlling the match so not having the worry about making a game changing substitution, would be a better tactic?

Archived