IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We know this is is what Johnson does. He tinkers when things are bad but when they're good he sticks with those he trusts. He also distinguishes between the league and the cup. This is his league team. 

I'd also argue that Palmer has a bigger impact as a substitute than Paterson. Maybe that's the thinking?

Start your strongest side surely?

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

We know this is is what Johnson does. He tinkers when things are bad but when they're good he sticks with those he trusts. He also distinguishes between the league and the cup. This is his league team. 

I'd also argue that Palmer has a bigger impact as a substitute than Paterson. Maybe that's the thinking?

Palmer when playing makes us look like scoring a good 4-5x more often than when he doesn’t play. We have 4 goals in his 120 or so minutes of playing and conceded 1. So I honestly cannot fathom how he is not starting today. Just another LJ trying to be clever I reckon.

And no this does not mean we can’t win and still a strong lineup. Just think Palmer has done more than enough to displace Paterson for good now.

FFS, Palmer and Eliasson are the stars from the last game but Paterson get's selected again, sorry I really don't get how after the past 12 months Paterson gets selected, especially with what's available and I don't care about what LJ sees in training.

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Not really. 

Pato has looked decent in the last few games, he's been a central part of our form this season. 

Palmer did look good v a makeshift Bolton defence but starting pato makes sense imo

Paterson has barely had an average game for 12 months now, he has not been central to our form and continually selecting him does not make sense.

5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

We will soon see, if this bizarre move to favour Pato above Palmer backfires, the undoubted renewed Johnson Out calls will arguably be justified. 

So... seventh in the table, unbeaten in 12, won six in a row and people will justifiably want the manager sacked if we don't win again today?

4 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

We will soon see, if this bizarre move to favour Pato above Palmer backfires, the undoubted renewed Johnson Out calls will arguably be justified. 

Give it a rest, bee in ya bonnet about 'Pato' every frigging match day. Pato has been ever present in this winning run but you know best.? 

6 minutes ago, downendcity said:

While there is sense in that, I would have thought that using Palmer to give us the chance of getting ahead and controlling the match so not having the worry about making a game changing substitution, would be a better tactic?

6 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Start your strongest side surely?

Yeh I would start Palmer instead of Paterson. But I was trying to guess what Johnson's reasoning may be behind this decision.

Patto starting obviously raises an eyebrow when we have Palmer but the one I can't understand is Wright. We have two right backs, both are good choices, are they both injured? Wright with his lack of game time makes no sense to me. 

Lets just for arguments sake say don’t agree with it. If you want to tell me after the game I was wrong fair enough. Don’t mind being on record. 

Like Paterson and played his part but massive difference in talent and I am a believer in playing your best XI every week. Not sure there is a debate to be had about who is better between the two. Whereas the rotation of players like Kelly and Dasilva, Hunt/Wright/Pisano and Weimann/COD/ Eliasson is much more debatable imo

Archived