IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Patto starting obviously raises an eyebrow when we have Palmer but the one I can't understand is Wright. We have two right backs, both are good choices, are they both injured? Wright with his lack of game time makes no sense to me. 

Hunt is injured isn't he? Then...I have no answer for Wright over Pisano. Guess it's just Johnson's choice!

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Patto starting obviously raises an eyebrow when we have Palmer but the one I can't understand is Wright. We have two right backs, both are good choices, are they both injured? Wright with his lack of game time makes no sense to me. 

Hunt is. Like the balance of Wright and Dasilva tbh. One pushing more forward one playing it a bit safer. Harsh on Pisano but think now BW is back he will be more of a squad filler until his contract expires. 

1 minute ago, City 62 said:

OMG. What a over reaction because Palmers not playing. Why should Pato be dropped, he's been part of this run we've been on

Palmer has now also been part of the run and in many peoples minds has outplayed Paterson over the last 3 matches or has played better in those 3 matches than any Pato game all season. Doesn’t mean Pato is poor mean Palmer is better

3 minutes ago, City 62 said:

OMG. What a over reaction because Palmers not playing. Why should Pato be dropped, he's been part of this run we've been on

Because Palmer's done more in a couple of cameos than Patterson has in the entire run.  The problem with LJ is he fiddles with the wrong bits of the team.

What’s really happening here I reckon is LJ wanted a striker, Lansdown said no bring the boy back from Newport and lee is right now saying ‘Steve you can suck my plums, I’m playing Paterson bitch’ 

3 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

IN THE SQUAD THEN!

I am pretty sure DROPPED to the bench is a term used in football

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s almost as if we haven’t lost a game of football in over two months, and the manager has earned the right to select who he thinks is best to win a particular game. 

Still a forum and we still do things like debate starting XIs. 

Anyway, still want a city win regardless just felt 60-70 minutes of Palmer gives us a better chance than 20-30

Lee has literally already addressed this issue. He mentioned the fact that Pato adds a lot more in terms of interceptions and tackles than Palmer. I didn't realise how much he did add- but the stats speak for themselves. 

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Palmer start BUT I'm not a football manager and with Lee's record I think he should 100% deserve our faith. 

Archived