IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

Is old eastender still complaining after such a tactical, decisive and methodical WIN?! Selections bang on AGain. Hundreds of fans cover numerous options for selections, subs etc but LJ only gets one :thankfully fans never get the final say.

You gotta love Lee, no ifs, no buts, no problem if we have the best in the business. 

A few quotes from Swansea Forums:

I think we'll be losing this one. 1-3 and without even looking close to beating them. 

Crazy, even with this inexperienced side and all the silly mistakes we make we're still ten times better than Brizzle City yet could easily be behind.

Grimes stylishly bossing the middle, yet again FBs need to be sharper defensively. We are by far the better side, with the better support too

Not a bad half. Saving all the goals for the Jack Army end second half.

Bristol City look very organised at the back. Going to take a screamer to get back into this.

We are giving them all day to get organised, no fast attacks at all.

They’ve conceded two in seven games; not going to get two in twenty I’m afraid. Game over.

They’ve conceded two in seven games; not going to get two in twenty I’m afraid. Game over.

We are playing Panic Football because they are pressing us, there is no calm at all. 

It's very similar to the last time we played them. What was the excuse then? (replyThey actually have better players than we do

It was always going to be hard today. I suppose if the shot that crashed against the post had gone in things could have been different.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

It worked fair play though point still stands. Palmer in 10 minutes was more dangerous than Paterson imo. 

Think Pato had a decent game today from what I saw turning on after 30 mins, 1 or 2 very good chances created and the assist for Weimann.

3 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

A few quotes from Swansea Forums:

I think we'll be losing this one. 1-3 and without even looking close to beating them. 

Crazy, even with this inexperienced side and all the silly mistakes we make we're still ten times better than Brizzle City yet could easily be behind.

Grimes stylishly bossing the middle, yet again FBs need to be sharper defensively. We are by far the better side, with the better support too

Not a bad half. Saving all the goals for the Jack Army end second half.

Bristol City look very organised at the back. Going to take a screamer to get back into this.

We are giving them all day to get organised, no fast attacks at all.

We are playing Panic Football because they are pressing us, there is no calm at all. 

It's very similar to the last time we played them. What was the excuse then? (replyThey actually have better players than we do

It was always going to be hard today. I suppose if the shot that crashed against the post had gone in things could have been different.

10 times better than us?! As deluded as Gasheads.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Think Pato had a decent game today from what I saw turning on after 30 mins, 1 or 2 very good chances created and the assist for Weimann.

It isn’t a shot at Pato. Thought he was his normal solid self. Got the assist and didn’t do much wrong. 

Thought Palmer come on and we looked twice as dangerous. 

Me saying Palmer should start has everything to do with him being really good. Nothing against Pato just not as good. Same way Baker is not as good as Webster or Wright is not as good as Kalas

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

It isn’t a shot at Pato. Thought he was his normal solid self. Got the assist and didn’t do much wrong. 

Thought Palmer come on and we looked twice as dangerous. 

Me saying Palmer should start has everything to do with him being really good. Nothing against Pato just not as good. Same way Baker is not as good as Webster or Wright is not as good as Kalas

I can't remember much from watching the stream (was distracted with the rugby)  remember the swansea commentators saying we were targeting Connor Roberts, perhaps we highlighted something in their play where Pato operating in wider spaces as well as a winger could be useful in doubling up. Agree Palmer is very good, and just good for us we have a situation where such good players are available to us on the bench. It was good to see LJ make attacking subs at 1-0, felt he could have easily gone the Kelly for Dasilva route again to bolster defence. 

Archived