IGNORED

Bristol City v Swansea Matchday Thread

wendyredredrobin

25 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

FF deserves a lot of praise. Great stop at 1-0 to turn the ball onto the post - who knows what would have happened had that gone in. Although a long range screamer looked about the only way they would score today. very solid at the back.

Agree. Can't believe the amount of shit he gets. Yeah he's not Beckham with the ball at his feet but has he ever genuinely ever let us down with his hands? Never. Top goalie. 

What really impressed me, other than our organisation and discipline, was how willing our attacking players were to commit at the back. Weimann, Palmer and Eliasson all got crunching tackles in at key moments. We have a real work ethic and quality options off the bench. 

What happens over the rest of the rest of this season remains to be seen but right now, we are exactly where we deserve to be.

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

How long this will stay online I don’t know. 

Unfortunately there are always a few idiots who spoil things. It was the same in the park after the match. Two groups of loonies, one from City and one from Swansea, doing the handbags thing with a cavalry charge by police horses in thx middle. 

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Agree. Can't believe the amount of shit he gets. Yeah he's not Beckham with the ball at his feet but has he ever genuinely ever let us down with his hands? Never. Top goalie. 

The thing I find odd is that one or two training sessions on how to kick the ball without putting it straight out for a throw around the half way line really should fix his biggest weakness. Always been a good shot stopper for us. Doesn't command the area as well as some, but sort the kicking out and most of the criticism goes away.

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Seeing the goals again 

Both good finishes

But the movement , about 3 phases By AW, to invite and then , adjust for , the brilliant header  for the first goal 

Fantastic 

Top top drawer

It looks like his disallowed goal was actually onside as well, again.

Great performance by AW. 

Thoroughly enjoyed today as did my youngest lad . Great atmosphere. We played very well and looked comfortable for our win . We could do a little better in the last third my only criticism. Thought Palmer would’ve started but the manager got it spot on . What scenes in the park ?!

10 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

The thing I find odd is that one or two training sessions on how to kick the ball without putting it straight out for a throw around the half way line really should fix his biggest weakness. Always been a good shot stopper for us. Doesn't command the area as well as some, but sort the kicking out and most of the criticism goes away.

Thought his kicking was much improved today. Can also tell when the players are confident with FF when they pass the ball back to him so that he can take the kick and get the team up the pitch.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

First time we have won 5 league games in a row since a certain season in League 1

2 hours ago, Unan said:

First time we've done it in the Championship since the Hull season.

DyatAgxWsAEk5Si?format=jpg&name=small

We didn’t win five games in a row at any point in the 2007/2008 season....sorry to piss on your chips when you went to all that trouble to find a photo...

39 minutes ago, Cider_boy said:

I don't actually give a shit if he kicks it straight out in the opponent's half, we are defending in their half not ours. His job 100% is to to stop long range shots from going in, does he do that? Yes. 

For his stature he is a fantastic shot stopper, if he has ball in hand give it short to Kalas or Webster, I don't want my goalie being our ball player. Frankie is a ******* legend in my eyes and when the time comes and he leaves I reckon I might be quite emotional. Great player and has the medals to back it up. 

46 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Thought his kicking was much improved today. Can also tell when the players are confident with FF when they pass the ball back to him so that he can take the kick and get the team up the pitch.

My issue in the past was not is much that his kicking was inaccurate as that he always seemed to hold onto the ball for an inordinate amount of time before kicking it. By which time the opposition would have regrouped and any opportunity to counter was out the window. 

Again, no sign of that at all today.

1 hour ago, Cider_boy said:

Fielding's issue is that his kicking is brainless; he doesn't think about where he's kicking and why. And if he does think, it takes him an age to figure it out.

That said, as others have mentioned his main job is to keep the ball out of our net, which he does very well. If he could pass like Pirlo, he wouldn't be playing for us

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

We weren't league 1 in 2007-8, no need to have quoted me.

I quoted your post James because the other post I quoted wouldn’t have made sense without yours above it. It just added context. I’m fully aware we weren’t in league one in 2007/2008 as we got to the championship play off final. But thanks for pointing it out...

21 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I quoted your post James because the other post I quoted wouldn’t have made sense without yours above it. It just added context. I’m fully aware we weren’t in league one in 2007/2008 as we got to the championship play off final. But thanks for pointing it out...

Fair enough, can't always tell on here.

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

Bet you’re a right laugh, mood hoover. Enjoy the faux offence. 

Faux offence? Almost lost my sight due to the whole stupid Welsh and English hatred. It's easy to have humour in it when you're not actually around the stupidity that leads to actual physical attacks. 

You only need to look at our fans today to see how seriously some people take the English vs the Welsh. Living in Cardiff with an English accent I've taken a massive amount of abuse and I'm fine with that but when I was hit in the face with a brick purely because I sounded different I realised how seriously some people take it. For that reason I don't find the humour in the English abusing the Welsh and vice versa. 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Seeing the goals again 

Both good finishes

But the movement , about 3 phases By AW, to invite and then , adjust for , the brilliant header  for the first goal 

Fantastic 

Top top drawer

Good composure from Pato as well to hold it that extra second and pick him out. All to easy to just whip a good looking cross across the face to nobody.

After I think all of us winced at his initial selection, thought he had a good game today. One of our better players.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Where have you see the disallowed one Ska ?

LJ said post game it was onside

Some of the offside decisions today both ways were scandalous 

Poor decision,. I sit lower Lansdown toward the South stand , the Linesman was 5 yards behind play all day. One attack ODowda was offside , he missed it, then the ball was out , he missed that , and COD got a cross in. 
As for the "goal`' below is the header to Weimann.

Screenshot 2019-02-02 at 22.40.45.png

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

It looks like his disallowed goal was actually onside as well, again.

Great performance by AW. 

I really like Weimann.....the guy was shunted out wide when he was on fire up front at the start of the season, but his head did not go down....he just runs his ass off every game for the cause....good old-fashioned 100% commitment to his club...top man...

Archived