IGNORED

fao Julie H

Greedo

Surely the police and club new this game had potential trouble wrote all over it so why were the Swansea fans not given a limited amount of tickets and sheet off the lower areas of the Atyeo stand?

Home and away fans are just to close in that corner and you could see this was always going to happen  

Sad if anyone got hurt 

Yet me and my mate left 5 mins from the end and came across 3 Swansea fans who were pretty much lost and didn’t want get caught up in any trouble

We took them to a pub, bought them a cider and got them a taxi back to Temple Meads

Hand shakes 

Surely that’s the way it should be ?

12 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I simply fail to understand how grown men behaving like mindless idiots, being aggressive and abusive then leads to the Police being under accuse. I personally have never had an issue with the police when I walk to a football match, watch a game and walk home they have never caused me any worries. It is very simple. The police should not have to deal with this rubbish they are human and not robots . 

But it’s their job to deal with “this rubbish”. People are paid a lot of money to attempt to predict this 5hit also.

1 minute ago, Gakoe said:

But it’s their job to deal with “this rubbish”. People are paid a lot of money to attempt to predict this 5hit also.

This is true. But you get the feeling with social media these days that nobody whatsoever is allowed to make any kind of mistake without losing their job (except the poster of course). 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

This is true. But you get the feeling with social media these days that nobody whatsoever is allowed to make any kind of mistake without losing their job (except the poster of course). 

I’m not saying anyone should lose their job CR. If this had been mentioned before I certainly don’t agree. I was just replying to the poster that said the police shouldn’t have to put up with this stuff. My point was, it’s what they’re paid (handsomely) to do.

4 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

I’m not saying anyone should lose their job CR. If this had been mentioned before I certainly don’t agree. I was just replying to the poster that said the police shouldn’t have to put up with this stuff. My point was, it’s what they’re paid (handsomely) to do.

Yep. Agree with that. 

A lot of people seem to advocating a more visible and proactive policing presence in the stadium. On the other hand, if there had been a line up of fully kitted riot police in front of Atyeo / Dolman, then there would have been accusations that this was inflammatory and intimidatory. I think this balance is very difficult in these circumstances and in the main, the police / stewards did very well. The only question I would have was to let all the fans out at the same time. Surely it wouldn’t have been a problem to keep Swansea fans back 10 mins.

46 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Surely the police and club new this game had potential trouble wrote all over it so why were the Swansea fans not given a limited amount of tickets and sheet off the lower areas of the Atyeo stand?

Home and away fans are just to close in that corner and you could see this was always going to happen  

Sad if anyone got hurt 

Yet me and my mate left 5 mins from the end and came across 3 Swansea fans who were pretty much lost and didn’t want get caught up in any trouble

We took them to a pub, bought them a cider and got them a taxi back to Temple Meads

Hand shakes 

A nice touch, fair play

13 minutes ago, HitchinRed said:

A lot of people seem to advocating a more visible and proactive policing presence in the stadium. On the other hand, if there had been a line up of fully kitted riot police in front of Atyeo / Dolman, then there would have been accusations that this was inflammatory and intimidatory. I think this balance is very difficult in these circumstances and in the main, the police / stewards did very well. The only question I would have was to let all the fans out at the same time. Surely it wouldn’t have been a problem to keep Swansea fans back 10 mins.

Sheet off the bottom few rows of seats, sheet over the two blocks nearest the Dolman, job sorted, it’s not rocket science, as many have said, a few more seconds and that could of been mass brawling on the pitch

9 hours ago, TRL said:

The only thing embarrassing about to day is grown people fighting over football teams.  If they grew up, maybe the police could concentrate on something more worth while.  Ho Hum, always amazes me that the police get blamed for grown adults not being able to conduct themselves properly in public.  

Well said.

I'm a bit embarrassed about the amount of personal stick @JulieH gets from certain posters. 

I think it is brilliant we have a police liaison officer willing to post on here and explain policing decisions. Yesterday was no laughing matter, but usually she exhibits a good sense of humour too.

I doubt either the club or the police would conside their operation yesterday a success and no doubt it'll be reviewed and lessons learned.

Meanwhile my sympathy is with the injured officers - and dog - who got hurt while simply doing their job. Trying to keep grown adults from behaving like kids in a playground.

59 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Sad if anyone got hurt 

Hand shakes 

Bang on. We did the same with a few Wolves fans a couple of years back. Got them on the Trad and ended up in the Mardyke.  Timewarp!!!   No idea how they got back up the m5. Good lads though.

1 hour ago, Dolman Block B said:

Sad if anyone got hurt 

Hand shakes 

Fair play mate.

33 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Well said.

I'm a bit embarrassed about the amount of personal stick @JulieH gets from certain posters. 

I think it is brilliant we have a police liaison officer willing to post on here and explain policing decisions. Yesterday was no laughing matter, but usually she exhibits a good sense of humour too.

I doubt either the club or the police would conside their operation yesterday a success and no doubt it'll be reviewed and lessons learned.

Meanwhile my sympathy is with the injured officers - and dog - who got hurt while simply doing their job. Trying to keep grown adults from behaving like kids in a playground.

Her full time dedicated role is with the intention of PREVENTING disorder 

What did you think of the intelligence work and planning yesterday ?

I can assure you she spends many hours scooting around this forum at all times of the day and night 

A good or appropriate use of her time and the public purse when resources and her colleagues are stretched ?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I can assure you she spends many hours scooting around this forum at all times of the day and night 

A good or appropriate use of her time and the public purse when resources and her colleagues are stretched ?

It could be argued that interacting on this forum is part of her role as liaison officer? 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

It could be argued that interacting on this forum is part of her role as liaison officer? 

Maybe a nice PR thing or a way to spend her time

But largely unproductive , and I promise you Phantom about the extent of her visits and time here

Largely a waste of time and if I was one of her colleagues on front line I wouldn’t be impressed

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

She's not the only Police Officer on the forum

2 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Acoustics at AG are weird these days. I'm 50yds from the Atyeo in the dolman. Swansea fans made a decent noise. City fans were a library from my position. 

I thought they made a decent noise until the 2nd goal went in then don't think I heard a peep out of them after, well at least from where I sit in the upper south stand, I don't think sound carries as well as it did in the old more open stands.

Well a handful of fans in the BRI today a couple with dog injuries, not sure you can have to much sympathy - like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but they don't seem to be the brightest tools.

That corner in the corner of the Dolman and Atyeo has always been a problem even before the Atyeo stand is was a flare point - amazed that there is nothing in place after all these years to just separate fans better.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Maybe a nice PR thing or a way to spend her time

But largely unproductive , and I promise you Phantom about the extent of her visits and time here

Largely a waste of time and if I was one of her colleagues on front line I wouldn’t be impressed

I actually appreciate her input. 

It has a dual purpose 1) Letting us now what police are doing /explaining why  2 ) Quashing rumours (eg: "It's all kicked off in Bemmy")

I think we can all agree the planning of yesterday's policing operation was not a success and Julie was frank enough to admit that on this forum. It's not for her to criticise other officers who might have been involved in the tactical handling of that situation. But as I say, as long as they have a proper debrief and learn lessons then fair enough. It could've been a lot worse.

As Julie's an identifiable police presence here it seems to me that she gets stick for lots of things that aren't her responsibility. I note on the other thread on this topic, people were tagging her in on a discussion about a "rogue copper" at the recent Everton-Millwall game. Which is a bit like blaming all builders for Fred West.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have you considered the possibility that Julie might be a Bristol City fan and might be on here in her own time for the same reason as the rest of us? 

Archived