IGNORED

fao Julie H

Greedo

5 hours ago, JulieH said:

I don’t know where this has come from, I leave myself logged in to this forum but I can assure you I don’t spend all my spare time browsing this forum. 

I will now log out and only log in during work hours as if this is the perception I am causing I can only apologise. 

i have a very long job description, of which a sentence is to assist in planning of matchday operations by providing current intelligence and information. I get this from engagement through this forum, monthly fan meetings and talking and listening to fans concerns around policing matches both home and away 

sometimes things don’t go as smoothly as they could, and therefore that is why we will fully debrief this over the next few weeks.

I will be at the fans meeting on weds and am happy to take further observations there also . 

You can please some all of the time but all none of the time.

You can see the reaction to @Red-Robbo‘s post, I suggest you carry on as you were, the majority seem to appreciate your input and your role which is LIASON; not frontline. 

10 minutes ago, Big C said:

Buts it’s false imprisonment. It used to annoy the hell out of me when it happened to us. Held behind when we had done nothing wrong in the cold and wet and usually after a defeat 

But yesterday is an example where both sets of fans had done lots wrong and were clearly going to do lots more wrong.... Should have been used.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't be so naive Tone, you know very well innocents can get caught up in it, and it's for the police to minimise this possibilty imo., by taking simple and sensible precautions and decisions as outlined above.

That 'idiot minority' you speak of is very likely to be increased through giving an extra allocation over and above the usual maximum, and thus the chances of disorder are similarly increased.

As it turned out. Yesterday's events were all so predictable.

in my football life both home and away no trouble if you don't look for it you don't find it.

39 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Because the club have a duty of care to supporters to get out of the ground safely. This was made harder when you let out 800 plus yobs out with city fans also keen on a fight in the park.

Completely avoidable.

Of course it was avoidable but certainly not a decision where the club should be making that call, it was so obvious yesterday that their fans should of been held back for 10/15 minutes and that decision should of came from the police not some amateurs from within the club

34 minutes ago, Big C said:

Buts it’s false imprisonment. It used to annoy the hell out of me when it happened to us. Held behind when we had done nothing wrong in the cold and wet and usually after a defeat 

10 minutes of inconvenience is hardly going to kill you

8 minutes ago, harrys said:

Of course it was avoidable but certainly not a decision where the club should be making that call, it was so obvious yesterday that their fans should of been held back for 10/15 minutes and that decision should of came from the police not some amateurs from within the club

Dave storr who is head of security and safety at Ashton gate has 30 years police experience and 13 years stadium management experience. This isn't an amateur in the club, this is a highly paid professional who made( or part off a decision making committee) a series of wrong decisions about yesterday's game.

3 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Don't be so naive Tone, you know very well innocents can get caught up in it, and it's for the police to minimise this possibilty imo., by taking simple and sensible precautions and decisions as outlined above.

That 'idiot minority' you speak of is very likely to be increased through giving an extra allocation over and above the usual maximum, and thus the chances of disorder are similarly increased.

As it turned out. Yesterday's events were all so predictable.

I'm not being naive at all. I know well and truly that when idiots are hellbent on causing trouble they will do so no matter what. Keep them locked in for 30 mins or 1 hour and the trouble will erupt in the City centre instead of near the ground. The naive ones are those that blame the police.

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Dave storr who is head of security and safety at Ashton gate has 30 years police experience and 13 years stadium management experience. This isn't an amateur in the club, this is a highly paid professional who made( or part off a decision making committee) a series of wrong decisions about yesterday's game.

Julie H made the comment that it was the clubs decision to let their fans out so I assume Dave Storr as top man should bare the responsibility.......... amateur 

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

Julie H made the comment that it was the clubs decision to let their fans out so I assume Dave Storr as top man should bare the responsibility.......... amateur 

Exactly. He stopped a display by section 82 last season because of a English flag . But thought it was a good idea to let fans out at the same time. Clueless 

4 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Exactly. He stopped a display by section 82 last season because of a English flag . But thought it was a good idea to let fans out at the same time. Clueless 

All the police and the clubs fault now!

On 02/02/2019 at 20:02, MattWSM said:

Surprised the group of Swansea fans got away with being in the Hen and Chicken after the game singing their songs. Last time I went in there was 1993. Obviously has mellowed since then.

What time was that, MAttWSM? I was in there 5-540, very few City fans let alone any Swansea (saw two leaving mouthing off about not being served, but the barman had clocked they were welsh and they were being dicks and they were Welsh).

2 minutes ago, Huntstile Red said:

What time was that, MAttWSM? I was in there 5-540, very few City fans let alone any Swansea (saw two leaving mouthing off about not being served, but the barman had clocked they were welsh and they were being dicks and they were Welsh).

Nothing wrong with the welsh.

37 minutes ago, harrys said:

And can this David storr answer a question to why the security netting had to be moved? Looking at the Atyeo there seemed a lot more aways fans than seats!! And can he also answer to why the PA system was none existant in the dolman? The overall health and safety was shocking yesterday.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

But yesterday is an example where both sets of fans had done lots wrong and were clearly going to do lots more wrong.... Should have been used.

Majority of both sets of fans were well behaved

1 hour ago, harrys said:

10 minutes of inconvenience is hardly going to kill you

Only 10mins? People still hadn’t reached the concourses ten minutes after the game!

While there was perhaps a case for holding back, seem to remember there some sort of court case about it a while ago? The general issue I mean.

The other aspect too is, @Up The City! mentioned a prior example of it...City fans charging the gates when held back somewhere- Plymouth was it? It can reduce some problems, while creating others maybe. Holding back doesn't seem to happen anymore, don't know if there is a legal reason, or if its just the way police football tactics have evolved. :dunno:

32 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

I was there...….what  trouble was there?

We were hosted down there for the weekend and in addition to the 'he said she said' yobbishness down Wind St there were one or two organised events both before and after away from the station and stadium. You couldn't miss the vans  heading off the Stone Island F'wits outside the stadium straight afterwards.

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

We were hosted down there for the weekend and in addition to the 'he said she said' yobbishness down Wind St there were one or two organised events both before and after away from the station and stadium. You couldn't miss the vans  heading off the Stone Island F'wits outside the stadium straight afterwards.

ill bet there wasn't one punch thrown all day....

When was the last time we had serious trouble (like yesterday) in the ground before yesterday, anyone remember?

In pretty difficult stances the Police do a decent job week in and week out at two clubs in Bristol, (apparently there is another one) however things got a bit out of hand in the stadium by current standards, (in the 70’s that wouldn’t hardly have registered as a punch up)

Nevertheless some of the stuff I have read criticizing the Police and one or two directing over the top criticism at Julie H is simply not called for.

Yesterday I was in the Heineken Lounge and could see right across the pitch. It seemed to me Swansea fans ran to the corner of The Dolman and a decent amount of supporters ran down from Block A mainly. It seemed there was no Police presence when it started kicking off and I have every sympathy for the stewards that were there in as much as why should they get a kicking in a hefty punch up, they are not Hells Angels at a Stones Concert they are young and middle aged fat blokes earning a quick 50 on a Saturday. 

The issue is this, inside the ground, the police are criticized for excessive presence or in this case criticized for no presence. However while we all like an atmosphere the fact that the convey was late added to the issues, despite the fact it seems the convey was late because there were supporters looking for trouble on the way.

So moving 2000 supporters obviously needs to start earlier and a police presence needs to be already in the ground when the convoy arrives...and perhaps something more than a small wall separating the corners of the away section with home supporters

Learn by your mistakes and move on would be my advice, as next season in The Premier League that will have the prepencity to happen every game as 2400 visitors will be common place!

Archived