IGNORED

fao Julie H

Greedo

8 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Had to laugh on leaving the Dolman after the game a mass of police all visored up with trungeons and battens surely they would have been better dealing with the going ons  in the park than stood ten deep in front of a massive fence videoing families leaving to go home

Agreed, that was massive overkill, especially when you could hear a woman screeching over the radio that there was a disturbance in the park. No one in the police ranks there appeared to be taking control and at the very least use their initiative and send a number of officers to the park. Very poorly managed. 

37 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Had to laugh on leaving the Dolman after the game a mass of police all visored up with trungeons and battens surely they would have been better dealing with the going ons  in the park than stood ten deep in front of a massive fence videoing families leaving to go home

Ahh, the lovely crowd that decided to push there way through myself and some friends that were talking whilst waiting for someone to catch us up

Apparetly "Oi you, ******* move" is an acceptable way to ask someone to move along, he'll be easy to spot in his orange lapels 

59 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

Agreed, that was massive overkill, especially when you could hear a woman screeching over the radio that there was a disturbance in the park. No one in the police ranks there appeared to be taking control and at the very least use their initiative and send a number of officers to the park. Very poorly managed. 

You know how it works by now? Do you take a chance on getting your head kicked in, or take the opportunity to get your arrest record up and maybe intimidate a few scarfers?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Apologies if we are not talking about the same thing here @The Horse With No Name but in the photo I added, the gate is before the entrance to the turnstiles

The gate  I refer to is by the side of the Atyeo closest to the Dolman stand.

I will state again that when Swansea fans came in they all went through the turnstiles.

1 hour ago, RobintheRed Red said:

the reason we were beside the Dolman/ Atyeo junction was because items were being thrown from Swansea onto city fans and vice versa.

you are correct we should have been dealing with stuff in the park however there were a number of issues at this location and a policing presence was required to try to control what was happening.

we had visors on because 2 officers had already been injured by coins and cans being thrown, and it also stopped spit going into our eyes from the fans that were spitting at us and rival fans. we started the day in baseball caps fyi and only deployed visors and helmets once it was apparent they were needed to protect us from injury.

Is that why they were constantly staring at the home fans leaving and videoing harmless families  and o.a.ps instead of doing what they were getting well payed for also a great ideal to march god knows how many through the city centre through baldwin street on route to the station surely easier to take them along the cut to Temple meads

7 hours ago, JulieH said:

the reason we were beside the Dolman/ Atyeo junction was because items were being thrown from Swansea onto city fans and vice versa.

you are correct we should have been dealing with stuff in the park however there were a number of issues at this location and a policing presence was required to try to control what was happening.

we had visors on because 2 officers had already been injured by coins and cans being thrown, and it also stopped spit going into our eyes from the fans that were spitting at us and rival fans. we started the day in baseball caps fyi and only deployed visors and helmets once it was apparent they were needed to protect us from injury.

six game ban but if you want to deck them carry on.

On 15/02/2019 at 09:25, richwwtk said:

Been told that the police were out in Bristol making arrests on the back of the Swansea game this morning.

A copper boasting on a friend's social media stream that he was enjoying wearing his gasrag underneath his stab vest while doing so.

Boasting on social media will earn him a serious reprimand.

But surely wearing that vile Sag-rag is a far worse criminal offence, which warrants a public flogging.

As it's a copper, I'm sure the PC brigade will consider this far too harsh.

59 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Boasting on social media will earn him a serious reprimand.

But surely wearing that vile Sag-rag is a far worse criminal offence, which warrants a public flogging.

As it's a copper, I'm sure the PC brigade will consider this far too harsh.

Shurely the 'PC Brigade' would want coppers strung up as they're probably opressing minorities etc...??

please try and get your cliches the right way round. 

With respect as a fellow red.

On 07/02/2019 at 00:44, 29AR said:

I think it's less than that. People seem to expect police to govern everything like they are Batman watching over Gotham City.

Yes your quite right I do expect them to govern everything, when deployed to AG on a matchday anyway, for the huge cost’s they charge the club you’d expect them to be FIRST response for incidents like the Swansea game but not 1 insight for atleast 2 minutes.

50 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yes your quite right I do expect them to govern everything, when deployed to AG on a matchday anyway, for the huge cost’s they charge the club you’d expect them to be FIRST response for incidents like the Swansea game but not 1 insight for atleast 2 minutes.

Agreed- should have been in that Atyeo-Dolman corner from MINUTE ONE for the amount they cost the club.

Instead the 3 minute video quite clearly showed for almost 2 minutes stewards alone trying to separate/push back fans. The stewards got stuck right in to be fair to them too.

Archived