IGNORED

If anyone has deserved a goal it’s Andreas Weimann! Highlights inside.

cityexile

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/11626053/bristol-city-2-0-swansea

Just seems to have had no luck recently, but a goal and assist today. Really difficult header to score. Even his offside goal looks very very tight. Kept plugging away and got his reward today. Made every contribution to our run.

Think he’s been good for quite a while and unlucky now with 2 disallowed goals (1 v Forest too).  But really pleased for him today.  Was excellent movement, to get himself into space, but needed a precision header as the cross was just behind him.  He was everywhere today.  I do wish him and O’Dowda wouldn’t swap...both are move effective on their natural sides.

47 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

I thought we played very well today , definitely an improvement over some previous games and still tight at the back ...Webster outstanding again today ...jury is out with me on Diédhiou though ..:kiddie:

I am a fan of Diedhiou but, when he has an off day, it always looks like it is the first time he has ever set foot in a football pitch. Sadly today was one of those days...

Thanks for posting

Offside looked very harsh - again.

COD - hope you watched Sheff U highlights tonight; usually dislike B Sharp intensely but that was a very unselfish pass to set up McGoldrick - and Matty Taylor would have had a tap in for a third from a similar pass!

And, how many times does that seagull manage to get into shot!!

4 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I am a fan of Diedhiou but, when he has an off day, it always looks like it is the first time he has ever set foot in a football pitch. Sadly today was one of those days...

Agreed......his first touch is either sublime or horrific.....today mainly the latter. (In the interest of fairness he did have a couple of really good touches today as well)

Thought his (Weimann's) movement was great today.

First 20-30 mins especially, he was making some great runs which were on a different wavelength to a lot of the side. Disallowed goal was harsh I feel too- very tight in any case. He deserved that goal too and the assist as well- shows what strikers can and do bring even when not scoring. 

Let's hope that goal brings some confidence back and he can go on a bit of a run now- richly deserved for what he brings to the team and a couple of harsh disallowed ones during this run.

24 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

First 20-30 mins especially, he was making some great runs which were on a different wavelength to a lot of the side. Disallowed goal was harsh I feel too- very tight in any case. He deserved that goal too and the assist as well- shows what strikers can and do bring even when not scoring. 

Let's hope that goal brings some confidence back and he can go on a bit of a run now- richly deserved for what he brings to the team and a couple of harsh disallowed ones during this run.

Well said and good points

a team player

I like him and what he brings

After BW was skinned a few times LJ moved AW to the right and he gave BW much better protection

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Tbf to Weimann, he has been making those runs all season, it's just today, he finally got given the ball a few times. Plus he works so hard to track back. Bailey Weight was got out of trouble a number of times thanks Weimann backing him up.

Plus he has finally broken that goal drought hoodoo, after a number of dodgy offside calls. And the linesman on the Lansdown side was no better as the call for offside against Taylor was ridiculous too.

Loved how obviously delighted the rest of the team were that he'd broken his duck. To a man they all ran over and jumped him. Another sign of this squad's togetherness.

Plus he clearly gained so much confidence. Spent the rest of the game running around like a maniac! :laugh:

9 hours ago, italian dave said:

Thanks for posting

Offside looked very harsh - again.

COD - hope you watched Sheff U highlights tonight; usually dislike B Sharp intensely but that was a very unselfish pass to set up McGoldrick - and Matty Taylor would have had a tap in for a third from a similar pass!

And, how many times does that seagull manage to get into shot!!

It’s amazing, when we play a team in white it always makes me think it’s the opponents ! 

8 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

Tbf to Weimann, he has been making those runs all season, it's just today, he finally got given the ball a few times. Plus he works so hard to track back. Bailey Weight was got out of trouble a number of times thanks Weimann backing him up.

Plus he has finally broken that goal drought hoodoo, after a number of dodgy offside calls. And the linesman on the Lansdown side was no better as the call for offside against Taylor was ridiculous too.

The Taylor one looked like it was cut back so didn’t think it should’ve been offside at the time. Similar with the Weimann one first half.

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s amazing, when we play a team in white it always makes me think it’s the opponents ! 

Saying that when Swansea lumped one into our box second half it just coincided with that graphic on the hoardings behind the goal with the ball running the length. We all (in the SS) thought it was one of their players getting in on the end of it!

Archived