IGNORED

Mings Oliviera - Deliberate?

I Am A Cider Drinker

It's horrific but I really don't think it's deliberate. Ultra slow-motion makes things look terrible but you think that's over the course of what, a fraction of a second? He's off-balance, his foot comes down instinctively trying to regain it (stand up and go as if to fall forwards, see what happens) and it's hideous but totally accidental imo.

2 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

It's horrific but I really don't think it's deliberate. Ultra slow-motion makes things look terrible but you think that's over the course of what, a fraction of a second? He's off-balance, his foot comes down instinctively trying to regain it (stand up and go as if to fall forwards, see what happens) and it's hideous but totally accidental imo.

Are you a lawyer?   :laugh:

3 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Most players would have just hit the floor and not attempted to put their foot down, the ball had already gone away from him: deliberate. 

4 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Accident at work that was not your fault, then you need Lawyers4you!

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Wish there was a full speed clip from that angle as slow motion deprives of all context and doesn't make it at all clear. It looks like he's looked down and then stamped because it's been slowed down about 10x. Again, when you're off balance falling over, your foot naturally comes down to steady yourself. Watched at full speed that would look nowhere near as bad imo.

6 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Wish there was a full speed clip from that angle as slow motion deprives of all context and doesn't make it at all clear. It looks like he's looked down and then stamped because it's been slowed down about 10x. Again, when you're off balance falling over, your foot naturally comes down to steady yourself. Watched at full speed that would look nowhere near as bad imo.

Not for me. The guy did exactly the same thing on Zlatan a while back, only Zlatan got lucky that time. Are we saying Mr. Mings keeps getting unlucky or is just plain clumsy or what? No, needs a spell out of the game and to really think about his behaviour towards fellow pros imo.

2 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Not to mention, Mings immediately stopped and called the ref's attention, cut out from the end of that clip..

You are defending a player with previous re stamping and I understand your argument that he was falling and couldn't really help standing on his face but you can hold back as in Mings case he is actually looking down at where he is landing......

8 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

You are defending a player with previous re stamping and I understand your argument that he was falling and couldn't really help standing on his face but you can hold back as in Mings case he is actually looking down at where he is landing......

Exactly. I've seen so many cases where the player in the air goes out of their way to avoid the player on the ground at all costs. Mings totally doesn't give a shit imo and I believe he deliberately left one on him. And left one he certainly did.

Has to be banned for a long time

14 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Tried to look for the incident on the sky highlights however it’s not on there, also there seems to be no mention of it in the sky sports report either. Seems quite strange considering the potential outcome of the incident for both players involved. I imagine things will unfortunately be much worse for Oliveira in the coming days once the swelling properly comes out

6 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Have you ever tripped over and your head not immediately looked downwards? Frame by frame makes it seem like he could've avoided it but it's a matter of milliseconds.

The more I see it the more I think it's clearly not intentional. Guess I'm in the minority.

2 minutes ago, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

Tried to look for the incident on the sky highlights however it’s not on there, also there seems to be no mention of it in the sky sports report either. Seems quite strange considering the potential outcome of the incident for both players involved. I imagine things will unfortunately be much worse for Oliveira in the coming days once the swelling properly comes out

Super Bob posted the Twitter link near the start of the thread

1 minute ago, bcfctim said:

Super Bob posted the Twitter link near the start of the thread

I have seen that slowed down clip, however I was looking for the full speed clip you mentioned earlier as this is what was shown on the EFL highlights show on Quest that prompted me to post the thread. 

Like I said, seems strange there’s no mention of it by sky, and also my initial thoughts were unsure if it was deliberate but watching the slow mo, it does look more deliberate and worthy of a ban.

3 minutes ago, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

I have seen that slowed down clip, however I was looking for the full speed clip you mentioned earlier as this is what was shown on the EFL highlights show on Quest that prompted me to post the thread. 

Like I said, seems strange there’s no mention of it by sky, and also my initial thoughts were unsure if it was deliberate but watching the slow mo, it does look more deliberate and worthy of a ban.

I haven't seen one myself, was just saying I wish there was, as slow motion makes things as clear as mud.

If it was a deliberate stamp it would be obvious in real time, don't understand the need to slow it frame by frame, as if that proves anything.

It's like that still image posted on the Forest forum a couple of weeks back of Diedhiou. Context is everything.

54 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

The one on Zlatan is almost identical

What is it with this nutcase?

I was trying to remember when it happened before with mings so thanks for that.

Last time people were saying only the player will know if it was deliberate but you cant keep saying that can you?

8 minutes ago, bobby kellard was go said:

I was trying to remember when it happened before with mings so thanks for that.

Last time people were saying only the player will know if it was deliberate but you cant keep saying that can you?

Nope. The guy clearly has a problem , and he needs to sort it out fast before this ends in tragedy. Oliviera is lucky he has his full sight tonight

6 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

In any other walk of life a possible GBH charge!! Not seen the moving footage but these injuries are quite significant. 

IMG-20190202-WA0061.jpg

Looks like a car crash or something. No one deserves to come away from a game looking like this when in all honesty it clearly could have been avoided.

I really hope that T Mings has a long, long look at himself tonight. It's not too late to change your attitude, Tyrone. Football really is only a game in the end. You re all fellow pros. Think it over

5 minutes ago, Nathandao said:

http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2019/02/02/gif-video-tyrone-mings-stamps-nelson-oliveira-2019-mings-vs-oliveira-incident/

video on here shows the impact slowed down. I think it was accidental but either way, horrible way to leave the field...

Nah he clearly kept his foot in there.

You would trip yourself over to avoid stamping on someone's head but Ming's didn't do that and then he just jogged off?

1 minute ago, Up The City! said:

Nah he clearly kept his foot in there.

You would trip yourself over to avoid stamping on someone's head but Ming's didn't do that and then he just jogged off?

Maybe, the more I watch it, the more deliberate it looks to me. I suppose it’s about split second decisions and he definitely made the wrong one there (if it was deliberate).

5 hours ago, Nathandao said:

Maybe, the more I watch it, the more deliberate it looks to me. I suppose it’s about split second decisions and he definitely made the wrong one there (if it was deliberate).

I think it depends what you call deliberate. I don’t think there would have been enough time for him to make a conscious decision to stamp on the guy’s face but I agree with @Up The City! that most people would instinctively pull their foot away, even if they threw themselves off balance doing so. Always hard to tell from slowed down footage as it can give you the impression players have more time than they do but, on first glance, it does look pretty bad that Mings did not do that.

8 hours ago, bcfctim said:

All that's missing is to say 'he's not that kind of player '. The Shawcross Redemption.

Mings has previous so at the very least this needs close attention from the authorities.

It's indicative of the odd ethical code of the game that spitting or 'spying ' causes far more outrage than violence.

Archived