IGNORED

Mings Oliviera - Deliberate?

I Am A Cider Drinker

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

All that's missing is to say 'he's not that kind of player '. The Shawcross Redemption.

Mings has previous so at the very least this needs close attention from the authorities.

It's indicative of the odd ethical code of the game that spitting or 'spying ' causes far more outrage than violence.

If it was deliberate it would be about the worst thing you could do on a football field and sure ban him, lock him up throw away the key, no problem. I just don't think it was.

Amount of people saying "he had time to avoid him"....slow it down that much he had time to do a double somersault, ask him what the ground's like down there, wish him luck for the rest of the game and be on his merry way. Doesn't give an accurate sense of what time he had or not.

I’m sure many of us have played amateur football at varying levels. I can’t remember ever accidentally (or intentionally I’ll add!) stamping on an opponent, let alone on their face. I’d say 99% of the time it’s avoidable, though that’s not to say this isn’t the 1% accident. Problem with him having previous doesn’t look good

14 hours ago, bcfctim said:

It's horrific but I really don't think it's deliberate. Ultra slow-motion makes things look terrible but you think that's over the course of what, a fraction of a second? He's off-balance, his foot comes down instinctively trying to regain it (stand up and go as if to fall forwards, see what happens) and it's hideous but totally accidental imo.

He stamps his foot down, there is absolutely no need for him to do that, not accidental in any way shape or form.

16 hours ago, bcfctim said:

Have you ever tripped over and your head not immediately looked downwards? Frame by frame makes it seem like he could've avoided it but it's a matter of milliseconds.

The more I see it the more I think it's clearly not intentional. Guess I'm in the minority.

yep

13 minutes ago, Nibor said:

There's no way that's accidental.  You might clip someone accidentally as you pull your foot away but you don't land on them with full force without intent.  It's the second time, should be a ten match ban this time.

I think he got a 5 game ban last time which obviously hasn't deterred him from assaulting players.

I agree, at least a 10 game ban or hopefully banned for the rest of the season.

Bloke is dangerous.

(whilst spitting at an opponent is disgusting and results in a 6 match ban, this is infinitely worse and should command a much harsher penalty)

16 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Nah he clearly kept his foot in there.

You would trip yourself over to avoid stamping on someone's head but Ming's didn't do that and then he just jogged off?

Exactly this!! He would have fallen over on his belly. Could have done way more to avoid planting his foot on his face. With his previous, the FA have to handout a ban.

Just seen this for the first time and wow! How anyone could try to defend that or say it’s accidental must be mad!

Firstly his natural momentum would have taken him past Olivera’s head completely. Secondly, not only does he stop the momentum but gives it an extra authoritative stamp on the way down. Thirdly, he is looking at what he is doing at at all times.

This isn’t even taking into his account previous record with Zlatan!

Vile and disgusting. Anything short of a 10 game ban and he has gotten off lightly. As others have said, he literally could have taken Olivera’s eye out!

13 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I think it depends what you call deliberate. I don’t think there would have been enough time for him to make a conscious decision to stamp on the guy’s face but I agree with @Up The City! that most people would instinctively pull their foot away, even if they threw themselves off balance doing so. Always hard to tell from slowed down footage as it can give you the impression players have more time than they do but, on first glance, it does look pretty bad that Mings did not do that.

I'm not quite sure it was deliberate, but he took no avoiding actions and to me that warrants it being considered a deliberate offence.

7 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Just seen this for the first time and wow! How anyone could try to defend that or say it’s accidental must be mad!

Firstly his natural momentum would have taken him past Olivera’s head completely. Secondly, not only does he stop the momentum but gives it an extra authoritative stamp on the way down. Thirdly, he is looking at what he is doing at at all times.

This isn’t even taking into his account previous record with Zlatan!

Vile and disgusting. Anything short of a 10 game ban and he has gotten off lightly. As others have said, he literally could have taken Olivera’s eye out!

I wonder if Nelson Oliviera might even consider legal action.

Hard to prove i suppose, but **** me. What a bastard thing to do to a fellow pro.

1 minute ago, AppyDAZE said:

I wonder if Nelson Oliviera might even consider legal action.

Hard to prove, i suppose but **** me. What a bastard thing to do to a fellow pro.

It would be difficult to prove 100% regardless of how obvious it looks.

Legal action would also set a precedent on the football pitch I believe. Pretty sure if there was any chance of this Villa would pay what was needed to sweep it under the carpet and accept any punishment handed out to Mings by the FA.

Has legal action ever been taken before for an incident that happened during play? Remember Stephen Hunt’s challenge on Peter Cech leaving him with the fractured skull. Don’t think anything ever came of that?

4 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

It would be difficult to prove 100% regardless of how obvious it looks.

Legal action would also set a precedent on the football pitch I believe. Pretty sure if there was any chance of this Villa would pay what was needed to sweep it under the carpet and accept any punishment handed out to Mings by the FA.

Has legal action ever been taken before for an incident that happened during play? Remember Stephen Hunt’s challenge on Peter Cech leaving him with the fractured skull. Don’t think anything ever came of that?

Agreed. But I reckon this Mings guy needs to be taken aside and spoken to by those close to him and have it told to him plain.

This cannot continue, fella it really cannot.

BTW anyone know if he has had the balls to go and see Nelson in person or indeed plans to.

I think he should

IMO, if it was accidental he'd have checked if Oliveira was ok.

He'd have known from when he was looking down and from the contact he felt on his foot when it landed that he's hit a part of Oliveira, from what he'd have seen he'd probably have been able to guess it was the head.

Middle of the match or not, if I think I've trod on someone's head I'm going to check if they're alright as there could potentially be serious consequences for them injury wise.

So think he's done it intentionally. Don't think he's necessarily trying to seriously injure people. But either enough to get them off their game or need to go off.

23 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Totally agree mate

Strange because off the pitch Mings is apparently a lovely generous lad

Hmm I’ve seen 2 sides to him. He does a lot for fans etc and is very popular on Twitter, but had a silly run in with him on a night out in bath because we were in “his” part of the club. Definitely likes to flash the cash and be seen.

id like to think he wouldn’t intentionally hurt someone like that but it’s twice now, doesn’t look good for him.

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

when would he likely be charged by the FA? 

Would it have already been done by now if it were going to be done?

I think they review most stuff on Monday after to cover games Sat and Sun.

I think it’ll be difficult to prove 100% it was intentional so he might get away with it 

59 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

IMO, if it was accidental he'd have checked if Oliveira was ok.

He'd have known from when he was looking down and from the contact he felt on his foot when it landed that he's hit a part of Oliveira, from what he'd have seen he'd probably have been able to guess it was the head.

Middle of the match or not, if I think I've trod on someone's head I'm going to check if they're alright as there could potentially be serious consequences for them injury wise.

So think he's done it intentionally. Don't think he's necessarily trying to seriously injure people. But either enough to get them off their game or need to go off.

I’ve seen it once, in full speed and his reaction looked “guilty”.

Archived