IGNORED

Mings Oliviera - Deliberate?

I Am A Cider Drinker

I can see both sides of the argument. Accidental as in you can’t plan for that to happen. Unfortunate that Olivera ended up on the ground under Mings. 

However, Mings made no attempt to move or soften the blow. He does have previous so for me this is violent conduct. He may have stepped on him regardless but you throw your body out of the way, go to ground or do something to make it a lesser impact on NO. Mings can see and feel where Olivera is and does nothing but go full force foot to face. 

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

IMO, if it was accidental he'd have checked if Oliveira was ok.

He'd have known from when he was looking down and from the contact he felt on his foot when it landed that he's hit a part of Oliveira, from what he'd have seen he'd probably have been able to guess it was the head.

Middle of the match or not, if I think I've trod on someone's head I'm going to check if they're alright as there could potentially be serious consequences for them injury wise.

So think he's done it intentionally. Don't think he's necessarily trying to seriously injure people. But either enough to get them off their game or need to go off.

He literally did just that immediately, you can see in the video above - thanks @RedYoshi

Of course coincidentally the initial clips sparking outrage cut out just before that point

38 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

He literally did just that immediately, you can see in the video above - thanks @RedYoshi

Of course coincidentally the initial clips sparking outrage cut out just before that point

He turns around 2 seconds later having initially jogged away.

He also made absolutely no effort to avoid making the contact, and that can't even be put down to being hyper competitive- the ball was easily getting covered by another defender and zero Reading pressure.

Even when drunk I've had enough awareness to move a leg out the way when stumbling/falling to avoid it hitting something.

He'll get away with it, but to me that is completely intentional, in slow mo it looks like he does the opposite of trying to avoid him by going full force on a stamp looking down at him with what should be his standing foot off the ground. It all looks completely unnatural.

The reaction reminded me of a child that has just hit their sibling and instead of leaving a small bruise has gone way over the top and needs pretend that it was an accident. Just screams of being a guilty reaction. 

This is the fa though so Oliviera is probably just as likely to get a ten match ban.

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

With all due respect....you can’t really call for a ‘GBH charge’ without viewing any of the footage...

Hence the word 'possible' preceding the word GBH. 

Having now seen the footage, my opinion of the incident remains the same if I may... With all due respect! 

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

His reaction tells it all for me.  If he didn’t know where he was putting his foot, I don’t think he’d turn around so quickly as he wouldn’t know he’d stood (stamped) on Oliviera’s head.

I mean, I don't exactly have any experience of stepping on someone's face, but I feel like you'd know somehow. Not to mention Oliviera's not going to have been lying there quietly is he, or he's a harder man than me if he was!

3 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

I mean, I don't exactly have any experience of stepping on someone's face, but I feel like you'd know somehow. Not to mention Oliviera's not going to have been lying there quietly is he, or he's a harder man than me if he was!

Mings does. 

5 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

Does he? When did that happen? ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39228950     March 2017

Bournemouth defender Tyrone Mings is "extremely disappointed" and "upset" by the five-game ban for an alleged stamp on Zlatan Ibrahimovic's head.

A Football Association panel ruled Mings deliberately landed with his studs on the head of the Manchester United striker in Saturday's 1-1 draw.

"Conduct like that is not part of my game - it would never cross my mind," said 23-year-old Mings.

2 minutes ago, Tyna said:

Bournemouth defender Tyrone Mings is "extremely disappointed" and "upset" by the five-game ban for an alleged stamp on Zlatan Ibrahimovic's head.

A Football Association panel ruled Mings deliberately landed with his studs on the head of the Manchester United striker in Saturday's 1-1 draw.

"Conduct like that is not part of my game - it would never cross my mind," said 23-year-old Mings.

Yeah..I vaguely remember that one, could've sworn there was something more recent though...

16 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

A full speed clip:

If this is an accident why doesn't Mings just dive forward, roll, anything to try to avoid his foot landing in a face?

I've seen players do that kind of thing to avoid injuring somebody all the time.

He is looking down at his leg after all.

Aston Villa's Tyrone Mings will face no retrospective action over an incident which left Reading's Nelson Oliveira with serious facial injuries.

Mings, 25, landed with his boot on Oliveira's face during Saturday's 0-0 draw at the Madejski Stadium.

The ex-Nottingham Forest striker sustained a suspected broken nose and deep facial cuts.

As it was seen by the match officials at the time, no charges will be brought against the on-loan defender.

Reading posted on social media: "As a club, we ensured that the referee and the FA were fully aware of an incident during Saturday's match which caused injury to our striker, Nelson Oliveira.

"But as the incident was seen by the ref at the time, we understand no retrospective action can or will be taken by the FA."

Mings, who was making his Villa debut after joining on loan from Bournemouth, said on Twitter afterwards that he felt "awfully sorry" for Oliveira and "no one felt worse than him" about the Portuguese forward's injury.

Oliveira, who is on loan at Reading from Norwich, is recovering at home after having surgery on Sunday.

In a post on Instagram on Monday, the 27-year-old thanked the medical team at the Royal Berkshire Hospital who had treated him in the aftermath of Saturday's match

8 minutes ago, Tyna said:

Awww, poor guy keeps getting unlucky.

Not as unlucky as the guy with the carved up mush though

36 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

I don't know, I'm a bit less certain about it looking back at it again now, I admit. Do still think people are overestimating the speed of reactions though somewhat.

I think it’s more about where his foot would naturally land. And he’s nowhere near that. 

6 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Aston Villa's Tyrone Mings will face no retrospective action over an incident which left Reading's Nelson Oliveira with serious facial injuries.

Mings, 25, landed with his boot on Oliveira's face during Saturday's 0-0 draw at the Madejski Stadium.

The ex-Nottingham Forest striker sustained a suspected broken nose and deep facial cuts.

As it was seen by the match officials at the time, no charges will be brought against the on-loan defender.

Reading posted on social media: "As a club, we ensured that the referee and the FA were fully aware of an incident during Saturday's match which caused injury to our striker, Nelson Oliveira.

"But as the incident was seen by the ref at the time, we understand no retrospective action can or will be taken by the FA."

Mings, who was making his Villa debut after joining on loan from Bournemouth, said on Twitter afterwards that he felt "awfully sorry" for Oliveira and "no one felt worse than him" about the Portuguese forward's injury.

Oliveira, who is on loan at Reading from Norwich, is recovering at home after having surgery on Sunday.

In a post on Instagram on Monday, the 27-year-old thanked the medical team at the Royal Berkshire Hospital who had treated him in the aftermath of Saturday's match

..so the FA on a technicality can't (don't want to) look into it any further! wow just WOW! This sort of behaviour wouldn't be tolerated at Sunday League level let alone the top processional divisions. At least in Sunday league he would probably get some of his own medicine back.

The same FA who bans Diedhiou for 6 matches for the flimsiest of evidence into an alleged spitting incident.

and they wonder why they have zero credibility. 

4 minutes ago, hantsred said:

..so the FA on a technicality can't (don't want to) look into it any further! wow just WOW! This sort of behaviour wouldn't be tolerated at Sunday League level let alone the top processional divisions. At least in Sunday league he would probably get some of his own medicine back.

The same FA who bans Diedhiou for 6 matches for the flimsiest of evidence into an alleged spitting incident.

and they wonder why they have zero credibility. 

Hang on, wasn't the Bailey Wright incident against Fulham seen by match officials, as the ref sent off the Fulham player? If they could use video evidence to retrospectively recind the red card and ban BW, why cannot they review this incident and apply retrospective punishment - if merited?

I suspect they are worried about the can of worms an incident like this this could open, as to penalise Mings would imply it was a deliberate act and could get into the murky areas of assault and action being taken by the injured player. If so, then the FA's action is a neat side step.

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

Hang on, wasn't the Bailey Wright incident against Fulham seen by match officials, as the ref sent off the Fulham player? If they could use video evidence to retrospectively recind the red card and ban BW, why cannot they review this incident and apply retrospective punishment - if merited?

I suspect they are worried about the can of worms an incident like this this could open, as to penalise Mings would imply it was a deliberate act and could get into the murky areas of assault and action being taken by the injured player. If so, then the FA's action is a neat side step.

With Bailey video evidence was used as 'supposedly' Bailey conned the ref into giving a red card, as for a comparison to fam then who knows, perhaps they should write a letter of eye witnesses... 

Archived