IGNORED

3,600 fans made no difference let wolves? Leeds WBA and Derby have fullalloction of tickets

Never to the dark side

15 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I said this on another thread. The 100 or so intent on trouble would still have been there if they had been given 2000 tickets. 3300 Swansea fans behaviour yesterday was fine. In the home end approximately 19000 fans of which 18900 behaviour was fine.

They wouldn't have been so close to the home fans though would they 

16 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

The trouble started when they walked in through the front. They would have still had to walk in through the front if there had been 500 away fans.

The trouble in the ground started because they were to near the Dolman fans. Had it been netted off a couple of blocks along....it wouldn't have happened in the ground 

22 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The trouble in the ground started because they were to near the Dolman fans. Had it been netted off a couple of blocks along....it wouldn't have happened in the ground 

It really was that simple. Bit of a mistake, by the all seeing and knowing SAG.

40 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

So are you suggesting that Block A lower dolman is also netted off in future? Also outside in the park there is massive of space not to be 'near' the away fans yet somehow people were very close together with fists very close to others heads.

33 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

So are you suggesting that Block A lower dolman is also netted off in future? Also outside in the park there is massive of space not to be 'near' the away fans yet somehow people were very close together with fists very close to others heads.

Why would the Dolman need to be netted off?

If the first two blocks of the Atyeo by the Dolman were netted off....yesterdays trouble in the ground wouldn't have happened . Simple as that 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Why would the Dolman need to be netted off?

If the first two blocks of the Atyeo by the Dolman were netted off....yesterdays trouble in the ground wouldn't have happened . Simple as that 

Exactly this 

I'm intrigued where any more could fit in the atyeo, isn't the capacity 4500?

Not a pleasant atmosphere for all yesterday. If I was with my mates I would have loved the atmosphere but as a dad who took both kids and Mrs yesterday it was awful. 

From the minute the late Swansea fans arrived to the fighting in the park after the game.

So I'm split on giving big allocations.

6 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Not a pleasant atmosphere for all yesterday. If I was with my mates I would have loved the atmosphere but as a dad who took both kids and Mrs yesterday it was awful. 

From the minute the late Swansea fans arrived to the fighting in the park after the game.

So I'm split on giving big allocations.

Good post

I can understand that

I love the edge at such games....bring it on

But for some, including wives, g/fs and some kids not a good experience

(Mind you I did have a smile at the amount of 8-16 yr old lads giving Swansea the big un from their seats and loving the atmosphere.........many of us have been there years ago....eh)

The reality is - give Clubs the whole Atyeo ......and there will be problems on a regular basis , and the policing etc would have to take a significant step up / improvement 

s

Aside from a better atmosphere and being more enjoyable to watch as a fan, I'd be pretty certain that amping the atmosphere also serves to benefit our players as well. I'd be certain that footballers respond to the sense of occasion that a livelier atmosphere generates and I'm sure our players were buzzing yesterday. 

And further, I don't think it matters if its the away fans that are causing more noise than ours - our players are not going to be intimidated or cowed by a noisy set of away fans. For a player to be intimidated you're going to need to go back to the days when crowds were pelting them and generally trying to terrorize them. Louder singing does not count as intimidation. Likewise, playing in a library will not serve to motivate anyone. 

Let's have a full end of Leeds, WBA, Derby etc. Let's have the Gate rocking. I think yesterday really underlined our potential to hit the play-offs and dream a little. Let's give the team the stage they deserve as they enter this critical stage of the season. 

8 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

Aside from a better atmosphere and being more enjoyable to watch as a fan, I'd be pretty certain that amping the atmosphere also serves to benefit our players as well. I'd be certain that footballers respond to the sense of occasion that a livelier atmosphere generates and I'm sure our players were buzzing yesterday. 

And further, I don't think it matters if its the away fans that are causing more noise than ours - our players are not going to be intimidated or cowed by a noisy set of away fans. For a player to be intimidated you're going to need to go back to the days when crowds were pelting them and generally trying to terrorize them. Louder singing does not count as intimidation. Likewise, playing in a library will not serve to motivate anyone. 

Let's have a full end of Leeds, WBA, Derby etc. Let's have the Gate rocking. I think yesterday really underlined our potential to hit the play-offs and dream a little. Let's give the team the stage they deserve as they enter this critical stage of the season

There was a definite edge yesterday PE , a few old ins in Dolman calculating whether , if they made their way over t......the  various chances and odds of arrrest or a mild stroke !!

:laughcont:

I did immediately think ....hmmmmmm.....Leeds soon 

I can foresee some real problems if we continue to go well and give out big away allocations

We will probably cement ourselves into the PO’s and then get a points reduction :comando::yes:

Selling the whole end also has another advantage in that it raises our average attendance making us look like a more suitable location for players. We are currently averaging just under 21k. Would be great to average more.

Our next step in our evolution is making us look like a bigger club so we can compete with clubs like Sheff utd , Norwich etc.. 

32 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

There was a definite edge yesterday PE , a few old ins in Dolman calculating whether , if they made their way over t......the  various chances and odds of arrrest or a mild stroke !!

:laughcont:

I did immediately think ....hmmmmmm.....Leeds soon 

I can foresee some real problems if we continue to go well and give out big away allocations

We will probably cement ourselves into the PO’s and then get a points reduction :comando::yes:

I love the vision of the older lads clambering and panting down the Dolman for one last punch of youth whilst clutching their tickers :D 

The thing with the big allocations, naturally it does broaden the chances of trouble. But that's where the police step into the equation. It is madness that they didn't anticipate trouble when letting both sets out. It's also a bit of a madness that no-one had the foresight to think that maybe the bottom corner could be a flashpoint? It strikes, possibly, of a set-up to get people on camera and a new round of banning orders out. Either way, I think it was clear from the beginning that yesterday was a risk fixture, yet the police's operation appears to be just one big half-witted blunder after another. In this day and age of helicopters, cameras, intelligence, etc., it is perfectly possible to hold big matches with big away followings and have no trouble at all without resorting to bubble matches. Questions have to be asked how the police got it so wrong. 

It's also a shame that we've built this blinding stadium only for some of our own fans to now campaign to keep swathes of it empty. 

Damn right a lot baffles me about yesterday! 

4 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Nothing the to do with that the trouble started because some pricks wanted to cause trouble,

its pathetic 

Talk about blown out of proportion. When was the last time we saw any disorder actually inside of Ashton Gate? Regardless of weather the away team have had a full allocation or not it is very rare.

Swansea haven’t been to Ashton Gate in years and were always going to bring a mob. As Andy pointed out the first few rows of seats netted off in the Atyeo and it would have been job done. Still think it was blown out of proportion, it was handbags coupled with a bit of excitement from the valley boys who haven’t been here in years which was obviously going to cause us to react. Continue to give away fans the whole stand there is no problem with it IMO.

Archived