IGNORED

Thank you to a steward

Judda

I didn't manage to get her name but just wanted to say thank you to a very kind steward.

My daughter who suffers with anxiety had a huge panic attack after seeing the idiots starting on each other in the corner of the Dolman where we sit.

She's a massive City fan and 3 years of season tickets and she now feels "a bit put off going to city"

Anyway. Lovely lady steward saw us leaving mid 1st half and offered us the option to move seats to the family stand... she was very sweet and understanding.  I wish I got her name as I'd like to give her an official thank you through the Club in some way.

Hopefully my daughter will be back for the next game now....

No no no! The steward was not helping you by any means as they don’t do that! She clearly identified your daughter as a trouble maker and wanted to move her out of the area before she kicked off!

In all seriousness, that is great to here. Stewards get slated at times and yes some can be on a bit of a power trip, but equally some do a cracking job and deserve to be recognised for it. 

Hope your daughter enjoyed the rest of the game!

11 hours ago, Judda said:

I didn't manage to get her name but just wanted to say thank you to a very kind steward.

My daughter who suffers with anxiety had a huge panic attack after seeing the idiots starting on each other in the corner of the Dolman where we sit.

She's a massive City fan and 3 years of season tickets and she now feels "a bit put off going to city"

Anyway. Lovely lady steward saw us leaving mid 1st half and offered us the option to move seats to the family stand... she was very sweet and understanding.  I wish I got her name as I'd like to give her an official thank you through the Club in some way.

Hopefully my daughter will be back for the next game now....

I hope your daughter goes back as well @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO pass his thanks on , when people do good give them the praise.

12 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Indeed. I'm at the back of E30 and its relatively calm back there.

Speak for yourself!

I sit near a right twit, always kicking off when he can’t hear the tannoy, starts yelling at some slightly porky chaps thinking they’re Garry Johnson and worst of all whenever S82 get into a song he stands up turns to face them and shouts ‘Z.Z.Z.z !’

possibly the most hostile section in AG

2 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Speak for yourself!

I sit near a right twit, always kicking off when he can’t hear the tannoy, starts yelling at some slightly porky chaps thinking they’re Garry Johnson and worst of all whenever S82 get into a song he stands up turns to face them and shouts ‘I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!’

I almost laughed as long as I did when Non-league Bristol Rovers were created but He is not all bad he plays bowls.

I bet that a lot of parents were trying (and probably failing) to explain what was going on in that corner to their kids - who were utterly confused by those scenes!! They've grown up in a world where football grounds are a safe (and fun) environment. Truly cringeworthy behaviour (on both sides). Hope that those morons involved are banned and in the longer term get the 'help' that they clearly need. 

37 minutes ago, Scrumpylegs said:

I bet that a lot of parents were trying (and probably failing) to explain what was going on in that corner to their kids - who were utterly confused by those scenes!! They've grown up in a world where football grounds are a safe (and fun) environment. Truly cringeworthy behaviour (on both sides). Hope that those morons involved are banned and in the longer term get the 'help' that they clearly need. 

I know. I did say that I actually felt safer because she was there and groups of blokes don't start on 11 year old girls, just other groups of blokes. She was still terrified though...

:sad26:

47 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Speak for yourself!

I sit near a right twit, always kicking off when he can’t hear the tannoy, starts yelling at some slightly porky chaps thinking they’re Garry Johnson and worst of all whenever S82 get into a song he stands up turns to face them and shouts ‘Z.Z.Z.z !’

He didn't kick off on saturday because they didn't even bother switching on the Tannoy(TM). No Tannoy(TM), so as not t'annoy certain people/person.

9 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Tbh I always go in family stand when I take my boys. Although the 7 year old is bugging me to take him in singing section :laugh:.

always plenty of room up there and decent entertainment at HT and pre match under the stand.

Would be fine in the singing section. Many young children in their bouncing around. :bounce:

2 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Speak for yourself!

Does he come to the ground driving a mini bus?

Archived