IGNORED

Anyone else in the concourse for first goal ?

BobBobSuperBob

:laughcont:

Got way laid chatting to a mate in concourse at half time , must have been over a thousand still under Dolman....

Massive roar from inside the Gate ...........

In a moment everyone falls silent, a thousand heads turn in unison to the nearest screen............just in time to see Plato’s cross and andreas’s header............

explosion of noise and scenes.....scenes........and a lot of noise.........Brilliant and one of my favourite moments watching City 

Anyone else there ?

:clap:

No but always wonder if there is something better the club can provide regarding the selling of drinks at half time. As we went back into the ground for the second half people were still queuing for drinks and ,I guess, would have missed the first quarter of an hour of the second half ? Don't know what the answer is.

12 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Got way laid chatting to a mate in concourse at half time , must have been over a thousand still under Dolman....

In a moment everyone falls silent, a thousand heads turn in unison to the nearest screen............just in time to see Plato’s cross and andreas’s header............

explosion of noise and scenes.....scenes........and a lot of noise.........Brilliant and one of my favourite moments watching City 

Anyone else there ?

I didn’t know we had signed a Greek philosopher.

7 minutes ago, alandicks said:

No but always wonder if there is something better the club can provide regarding the selling of drinks at half time. As we went back into the ground for the second half people were still queuing for drinks and ,I guess, would have missed the first quarter of an hour of the second half ? Don't know what the answer is.

We get a few staff come round the wheelchair section in the opening 10 minutes, taking our half-time orders.  Very civilised. ?

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone else there ?

Yep same as you. Wasn't chatting to a mate and didn't even realise the game had restarted 

20 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone else there ?

I was there too. Wasn't helped by no pre-poured pints, meaning massive queues in the concourse.

The anticipation, knowing something good was about to happen, was brilliant. 

Then up the steps to join in the celebrations!

2 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

I was there too. Wasn't helped by no pre-poured pints, meaning massive queues in the concourse.

The anticipation, knowing something good was about to happen, was brilliant. 

Then up the steps to join in the celebrations!

Yep that couple of seconds was brilliant .....an unusual scenario....

It always amazes me how it is that people cant wait another 45 minutes before having more beer / food. It's not as though there isnt enough time before the game. Yes a quick pee stop or coffee to warm upat half time but not at the expense of missing any of the match. There is always an exodus starting on about 38 mins wtf !! And as for leaving the ground before the end why....just so you can go home to the missus earlier !!! 

1 minute ago, Sir Geoff said:

It always amazes me how it is that people cant wait another 45 minutes before having more beer / food. It's not as though there isnt enough time before the game. Yes a quick pee stop or coffee to warm upat half time but not at the expense of missing any of the match. There is always an exodus starting on about 38 mins wtf !! And as for leaving the ground before the end why....just so you can go home to the missus earlier !!! 

Blokes I meet up with always have a half time pint and always miss the first five minutes of the second half.

I don't like rushing me beer so don't bother, but we all have our rituals ?

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

I’m usually back at my seat for start of second half but yesterday went for a pee and then queued for  10 min for a hot drink, just missed the goal, busier yesterday due to bigger crowd

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How can someone react negatively to a post about a City goal?! What a strange one...

It was a surreal and brilliant moment and can actually say although so7nds stragpnge to miss it ‘ live ‘ ......

I’m glad I was delayed and experienced it !

The reaction to the roar from inside is hard to describe .....but was priceless.......

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

It's a social thing, get over it! 

I’d just moved out my seat on the end of aisle to let someone get past me into where they were sitting. Luckily I turned back to the action just as Pato got into the box. Saved me the effort of getting out of my seat to celebrate!

On a related note, this was probably due to  the angle of where I was sitting but was I the only one who saw O’Dowda take the shot for the second goal, saw the keeper get a hand to it and was still groaning at the save until O’Dowda wheeled away in celebration?

11 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

It's a social thing, get over it! 

Why in some cases it’s damned inconsiderate! I’m disabled, In the 10 minutes before 1/2 time  I have to get up and give way to at least 4 individuals, singly going to the bar! After the restart it only gets worse, first the late returners and then repeatedly disturbed through the half again by drinkers needing a pee!

and dont start about the assistant manager and loud mouth behind me! Christened Palmer “Cassie Pineapple-head” and wants everyone to hear what a witty **** he is! 

Ended up there for the goal yes. Went down at HT with mates to get what I hoped was a swift pint and back by start of 2nd half- but still the delayed reaction then celebrations in the Concourse? Great moment!

As a side note, nothing to do with the club this point- but the national law/rule that you cannot drink in view of the pitch at professional football in UK? Proper anachronism.

34 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Why in some cases it’s damned inconsiderate! I’m disabled, In the 10 minutes before 1/2 time  I have to get up and give way to at least 4 individuals, singly going to the bar! After the restart it only gets worse, first the late returners and then repeatedly disturbed through the half again by drinkers needing a pee!

and dont start about the assistant manager and loud mouth behind me! Christened Palmer “Cassie Pineapple-head” and wants everyone to hear what a witty **** he is! 

Sit in the middle of the row if you don’t need to pee yourself 

2 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I get the impression that quite a lot of people actually watch the entire game in the councourse whilst having a few beers. 

Which is bloody mad for many reasons, including the fact pictures are delayed so you already know if we've scored, or conceded before you see it. 

Archived