IGNORED

How Many To Blackburn?

Cardy

34 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Most functioning Championship sized clubs in our position would take 2k imo.

I think our location has a bearing, Same for some other outliers.

6FA90BE1-596C-4BEC-9D15-411097A9B2DD.thumb.jpeg.5fc60f1065939705361912d43ec549a7.jpeg

According to this article we are 13th best away support

https://talksport.com/football/efl/420975/every-championship-club-average-away-support/

And we have the 5th furthest to travel

https://fanbanter.co.uk/how-far-fans-of-every-championship-club-must-travel-least-to-most-distance-travelled/

have no local Derby to boost our numbers either.

I think we do pretty well in retrospect!

45 minutes ago, harrys said:

Crazy price, we must have the most over-priced, dirtiest most unreliable train service in the whole of Europe 

Me and the Mrs were in Italy last October, the fares did vary from train to train, but we went from Lake Como to Milan, then on to Venice . Milan to Venice , a 3 hour journey, was about £20. You wouldn't get further than Bath for that over here.

53 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think our location has a bearing, Same for some other outliers.

6FA90BE1-596C-4BEC-9D15-411097A9B2DD.thumb.jpeg.5fc60f1065939705361912d43ec549a7.jpeg

According to this article we are 13th best away support

https://talksport.com/football/efl/420975/every-championship-club-average-away-support/

And we have the 5th furthest to travel

https://fanbanter.co.uk/how-far-fans-of-every-championship-club-must-travel-least-to-most-distance-travelled/

have no local Derby to boost our numbers either.

I think we do pretty well in retrospect!

Also reading cutting our allocation aswell! 

26 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Me and the Mrs were in Italy last October, the fares did vary from train to train, but we went from Lake Como to Milan, then on to Venice . Milan to Venice , a 3 hour journey, was about £20. You wouldn't get further than Bath for that over here.

Italian trains are fantastic - cost, punctuality, quality of trains themselves and the amount places they service are all fantastic. . Must be heavily subsidised but the difference beteeen their service and ours is embarrassing really. £100 return to Preston is just a massive piss take! 

12 hours ago, BessexRED said:

We’ve sold about 600... what more do the club need to do for our fans to actually travel to northern away games? We’re on our best run in this division for yonks and we can barely muster 5% of our home gates past Birmingham ffs.

It costs too much money,

simply as that some people would rather not spend up to 150 quid when money is tight bills to pay etc etc,

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It costs too much money,

simply as that some people would rather not spend up to 150 quid when money is tight bills to pay etc etc,

When it’s Man City in midweek with 2 weeks notice 7,600 fans are there in a flash. Other clubs manage, that’s a poor excuse. Many could afford it but get nosebleeds when heading that far north.

14 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

When it’s Man City in midweek with 2 weeks notice 7,600 fans are there in a flash. Other clubs manage, that’s a poor excuse. Many could afford it but get nosebleeds when heading that far north.

Nonsense, people have other priorities in life and the cost of football especially when watching your team away is expensive. 

It’s a fact like every other team if you get a big cup draw away from home a larger following will attend. People will see that type of game as a one off and more justifiable. If we beat wolves or Shrewsbury next week and draw Man Utd / city or Chelsea away then we will take a large away following. 

18 minutes ago, daored said:

Nonsense, people have other priorities in life and the cost of football especially when watching your team away is expensive. 

It’s a fact like every other team if you get a big cup draw away from home a larger following will attend. People will see that type of game as a one off and more justifiable. If we beat wolves or Shrewsbury next week and draw Man Utd / city or Chelsea away then we will take a large away following. 

Well quite clearly Bristol City fans have more other priorities in life than fans of other similar sized clubs.  I am impressed that we lead such rich, fulfilling lifes.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Well quite clearly Bristol City fans have more other priorities in life than fans of other similar sized clubs.  I am impressed that we lead such rich, fulfilling lifes.

Name me another similar sized club that would take more then? 

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Yeah exactly, what an absolute load of bollocks @daored. I know several City fans who I know for a fact could afford to go up Saturday but seldom travel past Brum, perhaps Nottingham at a push.

If we were playing Brum Saturday we’d sell out 2,600 in the form we’re in, the match tickets are pretty much the same price and the train’s an extra £15-20. 

Lets stop dressing it up as anything other than poor support.

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Name me another similar sized club that would take more then? 

Clubs with 20k home average and under who would take more away fans on a similar length journey, 6th in the league, very long unbeaten run:

Swansea

Cardiff (talking home attendances in this league)

Plymouth FFS

Portsmouth

Birmingham

Blackburn

Preston

Ipswich

Watford

Burnley

Huddersfield

That's just off the top of my head and not including any team other than Brum with more home fans than us.

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

its not a poor excuse at all and your ignorance is showing,

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

So now Bristol City fans are poorer on average than fans of other similarly sized clubs? Thats a new one on me.

take my sister does she spend over 500 quid to take her, her husband and 2 kids to blackburn or does she pay her electricity bill

you are frankly being an elitist asshole

bully for you that you can afford it but you don't speak you 99.9999999% of the fanbase

Archived