IGNORED

How Many To Blackburn?

Cardy

I’ve been to watch city twice play Blackburn in the first two seasons after we had been promoted under joe joe joe Jordan.

The first time a lovely 1-0 victory just after JackWalker had taken over.

Row forward  almost exactly12 months with KennyDalglish in charge and many new signings we were stuffed 4-0 and lucky to get nil!.Plus the ground was being transformed into its current decent state.

I hope for another 1-0 rather than the later on Saturday.

Despite Blackburn being BRFC and playing in blue and white I don’t have a dislike for them! As yet

coyr ctid

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thanks. Can you remember the FA Cup game that I’m thinking of..? I can’t seem to remember who it was against..?! ?

It even had its own joke:

”how’re Rovers getting to the next round of the cup?”

”they’re Hitchen a ride!!!”

awful! But it’s at the expense of the gas so who cares!

17 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

I’ve been to watch city twice play Blackburn in the first two seasons after we had been promoted under joe joe joe Jordan.

The first time a lovely 1-0 victory just after JackWalker had taken over.

Row forward  almost exactly12 months with KennyDalglish in charge and many new signings we were stuffed 4-0 and lucky to get nil!.Plus the ground was being transformed into its current decent state.

I hope for another 1-0 rather than the later on Saturday.

Despite Blackburn being BRFC and playing in blue and white I don’t have a dislike for them! As yet

coyr ctid

Me too, I was at both those  games and not been back since, until tomorrow. 

14 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

hitchen  about 30 miles north of Chesham and bout same south of kettering…….if that's any help like...….

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

To triangulate...........a few miles north of Hayes :cool:

So nowhere near Bath, or Barrow, or Barnet then..? 

It doesn’t seem to matter where you come from, to ensure an easy passage in cup competitions, I bet all non-league teams pray to draw Rovers. 

4 hours ago, BessexRED said:

Where’re you drinking? We’re in Preston from 10 onwards and getting a taxi because of rail strikes.

I thought the rail strikes had been cancelled or suspended a few days ago as they have come to some agreement/talks? 

1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

How far is Hitchen? 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Isn’t Hitchen over by Peterborough..?!

I could be wrong. I’d never heard of the place, until a certain FA Cup match, several years back..! ?

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Between Luton and Stevenage.

25 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

hitchen  about 30 miles north of Chesham and bout same south of kettering…….if that's any help like...….

14 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

To triangulate...........a few miles north of Hayes :cool:

Ickleford, where my brother lives, is right next door to Hitchen.

Happy to help.

3 hours ago, Robin Goch said:

Unfortunately suspended from next weekend onwards it appears.

Oh no, I thought it was with immediate effect when I heard on the radio. I remember thinking our fans would be alright. Hope everyone finds their way tomorrow

I’ve only been to see City play at Blackburn once - a depressing 2-0 defeat in our last relegation season. I remember quite liking their ground but also feeling very cold. I think we’d lost there about a month previously in the cup too. 

Most memorable game against them for me was the 4-2 win at AG early (opening game?) in the 1990-1991 season. Great header from Nicky Morgan that game after Dave Smith had belted down the wing.

Hopefully we’ll get the 3 points tomorrow with Palmer on the scoresheet so they can see what they’re missing. 

Archived