IGNORED

How Many To Blackburn?

Cardy

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

take my sister does she spend over 500 quid to take her, her husband and 2 kids to blackburn or does she pay her electricity bill

you are frankly being an elitist asshole

bully for you that you can afford it but you don't speak you 99.9999999% of the fanbase

So 0.0000001% of our fanbase can afford a day out at Blackburn? And I’m the ignorant one?

You’re chatting nonsense stop trying to justify it, you’d be the type that would be happy to lap up recognition for a top following so take the rough with the smooth.

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

take my sister does she spend over 500 quid to take her, her husband and 2 kids to blackburn or does she pay her electricity bill

you are frankly being an elitist asshole

bully for you that you can afford it but you don't speak you 99.9999999% of the fanbase

Think you are struggling to understand the concept of a fanbase here.

Anyway £500 for Blackburn, she travelling in a private plane??

30 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Yeah exactly, what an absolute load of bollocks @daored. I know several City fans who I know for a fact could afford to go up Saturday but seldom travel past Brum, perhaps Nottingham at a push.

If we were playing Brum Saturday we’d sell out 2,600 in the form we’re in, the match tickets are pretty much the same price and the train’s an extra £15-20. 

Lets stop dressing it up as anything other than poor support.

Send them to the stocks, how dare they have £100 spare income and choose not to spend it on watching Bristol City. 

1 hour ago, BessexRED said:

When it’s Man City in midweek with 2 weeks notice 7,600 fans are there in a flash. Other clubs manage, that’s a poor excuse. Many could afford it but get nosebleeds when heading that far north.

This is a pathetic comparison,  our first major semi final in 20 years or a league game. Btw , a League game with no direct trains on the Saturday, and if you go via Preston will set you back about £100. 

1 minute ago, BessexRED said:

So 0.0000001% of our fanbase can afford a day out at Blackburn? And I’m the ignorant one?

You’re chatting nonsense stop trying to justify it, you’d be the type that would be happy to lap up recognition for a top following so take the rough with the smooth.

so you do know how much each of the 19500 earn that was there saturday and how much disposable income they have,

as well as what work they do whether they work weekend or if they have other commitments already arranged

(I bow down to your superior knowledge of our fan base

24 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Clubs with 20k home average and under who would take more away fans on a similar length journey, 6th in the league, very long unbeaten run:

Swansea

Cardiff (talking home attendances in this league)

Plymouth FFS

Portsmouth

Birmingham

Blackburn

Preston

Ipswich

Watford

Burnley

Huddersfield

That's just off the top of my head and not including any team other than Brum with more home fans than us.

Swansea took 700 on their last visit to Blackburn, when they were a prem team so thats wrong

Cardiff took 1.1k on their last visit so chances are you'll be wrong on that one. 

Plymouth probably would because it'd be a big game for them, they in fact took 700 last season, so again incorrect 

No way a Portsmouth a similar sized club to us, they were in Europe 10 years ago ffs

Birmingham a similar sized club to us ??

Blackburn took just over 1k to us this season, we'll take more to them

No chance preston brought more than 1k to us... 

Best data I can find for Ipswich is back in 2013 when they were top 6 and brought 890 to us, so again not quite true

Watford, whilst in the prem, took 800 to Huddersfield, a shorter distance, a couple of years back, again not quite true... 

Last time Burnley were here, having just been relegated from the prem on the first day of the season, brought 1.2k, chances are we'll take that to Blackburn, so again, not quite true... 

That same season, Huddersfield brought under 1k to us, so again, not quite true... 

Fair play, you've managed to not come up with a single, similar sized, club who would take more away ?

59 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Well quite clearly Bristol City fans have more other priorities in life than fans of other similar sized clubs.  I am impressed that we lead such rich, fulfilling lifes.

Completely agree.

I don’t want to live in a ‘football town’ which is code for nothing else going on and people who leave.

Calling fellow fans out for not going to away games is very poor.  If you have a family, partner, responsibilities or a low income or difficult financial situation, then only somebody who has no experience of these things would say that wasn’t an excuse!  Are you trying to shame them into going to games or something?

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

Most clubs sell out at brentford, how come they took just over 1k to us if they are so massive then? 

Yeh. Brentford, Fulham, QPR, even Millwall get inflated away gates because people from all over the country move to London and then just go to the 4 or 5 London away days. I speak as one of those (although I am actually going to Blackburn as well).

14 hours ago, BessexRED said:

We’ve sold about 600... what more do the club need to do for our fans to actually travel to northern away games? We’re on our best run in this division for yonks and we can barely muster 5% of our home gates past Birmingham ffs.

I don't get the scrutiny over away support. It'd be great to have thousands at every game of course it would, but like others have mentioned, it's just not plausible for a large number of fans, myself included. 

I work full-time and I'm paid reasonably well. However, 2 away games a month (especially those way up North) would rinse pretty much all of my disposable income and I simply can't justify that. Not to mention that I go down on my own a lot of the time, an away day isn't quite so attractive when you're facing a 3/4 hour train or car journey on your own ?

I used to go to around 10-15 away games a season a few years back, but that was whilst I paid next to no rent and lived in a place that wasn't half as nice as where I am now.

Bonus is paid in March, I'm considering the Sheff Utd game. 

45 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

This is a pathetic comparison,  our first major semi final in 20 years or a league game. Btw , a League game with no direct trains on the Saturday, and if you go via Preston will set you back about £100. 

£100? You’re looking in the wrong places, I got mine for £48 on Saturday.

15 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Most clubs sell out at brentford, how come they took just over 1k to us if they are so massive then? 

I didn’t say they were massive you oddball, you asked for a club of similar size that would’ve taken more in the circumstances and I gave you an example, and a good one at that given they get about 8,000 less home fans that we do every week.

It was a Sunday early KO, decent following that was.

I think there must be a fair few in the bracket (me for example) that have families that understand the commitment of going to home games, but aren’t gonna be able to watch City in away games because the away weekends are when you do other things with the family.  A home game is 4 hours commitment, you can still do the kids swimming lessons in the morning for example, and still do things on an evening.  Away games, typically are a full(ish) day.  That is more difficult to justify.  That’s why the likes of Reading away will be well supported and Brum too.  And that is why a big cup draw away will be well supported....because you can probably do the justification of ‘once in a lifetime’ trip.

If I were single I would follow City away much more regularly, but I’m not, and I understand my wife and daughter don’t book things for the 4 of us on Saturday afternoon when City are home, so I play fair by them on the alternate weekends.

9 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

£100? You’re looking in the wrong places, I got mine for £48 on Saturday.

I didn’t say they were massive you oddball, you asked for a club of similar size that would’ve taken more in the circumstances and I gave you an example, and a good one at that given they get about 8,000 less home fans that we do every week.

It was a Sunday early KO, decent following that was.

48 quid is the cost of a standard single,

cheapest off peak return (anytime as you can't rely on the trains) is  101 quid

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think there must be a fair few in the bracket (me for example) that have families that understand the commitment of going to home games, but aren’t gonna be able to watch City in away games because the away weekends are when you do other things with the family.  A home game is 4 hours commitment, you can still do the kids swimming lessons in the morning for example, and still do things on an evening.  Away games, typically are a full(ish) day.  That is more difficult to justify.  That’s why the likes of Reading away will be well supported and Brum too.  And that is why a big cup draw away will be well supported....because you can probably do the justification of ‘once in a lifetime’ trip.

If I were single I would follow City away much more regularly, but I’m not, and I understand my wife and daughter don’t book things for the 4 of us on Saturday afternoon when City are home, so I play fair by them on the alternate weekends.

Spot on. Clear that a few on here don't have kids and mortgages etc

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Spot on. Clear that a few on here don't have kids and mortgages.

I don’t have kids or a mortgage to pay for and so I’m fortunate enough to be in a position that I can spend 100 pounds to go to Blackburn without many other commitments. 

However, I fully understand that following city isn’t, and shouldn’t be, the main focus of the majority of our fans lives. For the distance that Blackburn is, and the amount of money it costs as an away game, it’s completely fair that some people can’t afford to do it, both financially and time wise. 

@BessexRED needs to look at the bigger picture, that for many there is a life outside of football...

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Spot on Dave . I wish I was an ugly git so I could go away every game. :ph34r:

Bristol is an expensive city to live in as well, in which rent for example is pretty high but wages don't reflect necessarily. Trains vastly expensive these days, we don't have the big geographical spread of a variety of clubs with lots of local rivals now- something we had more often in League One- lot of reasons why going away in big numbers these days isn't feasible for many.

Man City was a bit different- a once in a generation experience, maybe even longer than that. Overall though, quite a lot simply cannot justify the cost of regular away days, not with the cost of travel and often tickets now.

16 minutes ago, Super said:

Spot on. Clear that a few on here don't have kids and mortgages.

You're really not getting it and you're taking it far to literally.

Other clubs of a similar size would be taking more for this game, are you really suggesting that either 1) as a fanbase collectively we're "worse off" or have less disposable income or 2) we have more fans on average with kids and a mortgage? It's total nonsense.

2 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Other clubs of a similar size would be taking more for this game, are you really suggesting that either 1) as a fanbase collectively we're "worse off" or have less disposable income or 2) we have more fans on average with kids and a mortgage? It's total nonsense.

I really couldn't care less about other clubs. 

4 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Wish I could give 1,000 likes to this post. We aren't digging out any one person for not attending. I don't know why the rest struggle to understand that concept.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Wish I could give 1,000 likes to this post. We aren't digging out any one person for not attending. I don't know why the rest struggle to understand that concept.

I think the pair of you don't understand. 

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Anyway, to repeat, does anyone want travel to Blackburn for a TENNER*? I will pick up and drop off anywhere in the Bristol area. This offer especially open to those who disagree with my opinions.

*Based on 4 passengers..

No thanks...

4 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

That's your prerogative. I personally envy clubs like Leeds, what it was like up at Man City for us which was one of the best nights of my life I'd say it's like them for quite often. That's the dream.

Best away day I've been to is Fulham away in 2016. Just shy of 4,000 City fans (25% of the attendance) had that old metal and wood Putney end bouncing so much I thought it might collapse...and then Tomlin binned the free kick in the 90th. Bedlam.

Archived