IGNORED

Taylor Moore

Unan

2 minutes ago, Unan said:

Watched the highlights on the EFL program. Can’t we find him a better loan or is he no good? Awful defending from Southend.

ps. Have we got better or has the standard of football got worse in league 1? It looks almost amateur.

Very good defender. Expecting him to be 4th choice for us next season in first team squad 

4 minutes ago, Unan said:

Watched the highlights on the EFL program. Can’t we find him a better loan or is he no good? Awful defending from Southend.

ps. Have we got better or has the standard of football got worse in league 1? It looks almost amateur.

Have a look in the Loan Watch thread and see the posts from Southend fans offering to take him off our hands if we don't want him. Don't worry he will be making the step up soon. It was supposed to be this season I think, until an unfortunately timed injury.

4 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Very good defender. Expecting him to be 4th choice for us next season in first team squad 

Would be more (no pun) than happy to see a back line squad of:

Hunt / Pisano (i’d give him another year as it stands)

Wright / Kalas (please) / Webster / Moore

Kelly / Dasilva (please)

With Pring seeing if he is up to integrating.

That leaves Baker, who I would move on to give Kelly the LCB back-up spot.

Vyner I’m not sure about.  Might need another loan???

10 minutes ago, Unan said:

You can’t really tell if a player is any good from 30 secs of highlights!!!

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Also can't judge the quality of a division based on highlights of a game where one of the relegation candidates gets a rare win.

However, a cracking double save by the Southend 'keeper at the start of the video.

Cracking double save or poor finishing? Full net and he hits it right at the keeper 

52 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I expect him and Vyner to be in our first team squad next season.

Not sure about that.

I can see them both being out on loan again. 

Currently the squad is well stocked with decent defenders and if we lose Kalas/Dasilva next season there’s still enough quality  to absorb that loss without keeping Moore or Vyner.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Based on what ? I know only 30 seconds but looked bang average , did not do well on either goal , not in the same league as defenders we have , and if Kalas left I’m sure we would bring in similar 

16 minutes ago, Unan said:

Cracking double save or poor finishing? Full net and he hits it right at the keeper 

Very good initial save, and good awareness and agility to be back up and made himself as big as possible for the follow up.

He did as much as it was possible to do.

Yes the rebound was hit at him, but there was a PL 'keeper who did an almost identical save a couple of weeks ago and he got a bunch of plaudits on MOTD, so credit has to be given to the Southend goalkeeper for what he did.

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

When have you seen him play? 

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Have you actually seen anything of TM though ???

Hull. Bullied in the air throughout the game.

OK footballer, nice chap, but lacks the natural aggression to compete physically at this level imo.

Can aggression be taught? I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

OK footballer, nice chap, but lacks the natural aggression to compete physically at this level imo.

Was Bobby Moore naturally aggressive?  

Is Webster naturally aggressive? 

To be a competent and competitive CB you need anticipation and positional skills. 

Baker is naturally aggressive and although his disciplinary record has improved he was when he first arrived at AG a liability because of it.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Haha 

young players often improve! 

City fans watch a player once or twice and hold that opinion for years 

One (glass half full) way you can look at it is Taylor Moore is just 21 y/o playing his first full season in his favoured position, and he will probably pick up League One Southend's POTY award.

Where was Aden Flint at 21 y/o? Playing in the Conference North for Alfreton Town.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Was Bobby Moore naturally aggressive?  

Is Webster naturally aggressive? 

To be a competent and competitive CB you need anticipation and positional skills. 

Baker is naturally aggressive and although his disciplinary record has improved he was when he first arrived at AG a liability because of it.

Did you think Taylor Moore is Bobby Moore's son? He's not, nor should he be mentioned in the same breath.

Is Webster aggressive? Yes, when he needs to be.

Baker is not naturally aggressive at all, he simply has a ridiculous and completely out of character rush of blood to the head now and again.

To be a competent and competitive Championship CB you have to be able to hold your own in the air against very physical opponents as a basic.

I can't see TM doing that.

16 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Eighteen months ago at least? You simply cannot base an opinion on his present standard from a game that long ago. I suspect he has improved a good deal and expect him to be in our first team squad next season. And Vyner also.

Archived