IGNORED

The Clown with the mic

Boys-end-50p

When is our FOOTBALL club going to get rid of this clown. He has not got a clue. The latest Blunder announcing a substitution while the game is still going on. Put the mic back in its box and walk away. He is not Bristol City supporter and have no affiliation with the club or its history. All he seems to want to do is get his face on the big screen. There are plenty of our ex-players or media guys with a long standing association with Our club who would and could do the job without embarrassing themselves or our club. Its a shame David Lloyd has got that nice job up in hospitality at least he knows what he's talking about. Just a thought …… if your ever in any doubt about the name of a substitute coming on , how about looking on the back of his shirt  seeing he's stood just 5 yards in front of you ….. MUPPET!

10 hours ago, Boys-end-50p said:

When is our FOOTBALL club going to get rid of this clown. He has not got a clue. The latest Blunder announcing a substitution while the game is still going on. Put the mic back in its box and walk away. He is not Bristol City supporter and have no affiliation with the club or its history. All he seems to want to do is get his face on the big screen. There are plenty of our ex-players or media guys with a long standing association with Our club who would and could do the job without embarrassing themselves or our club. Its a shame David Lloyd has got that nice job up in hospitality at least he knows what he's talking about. Just a thought …… if your ever in any doubt about the name of a substitute coming on , how about looking on the back of his shirt  seeing he's stood just 5 yards in front of you ….. MUPPET!

Sit in the Dolman then, as you hear **** all over there!

10 hours ago, Boys-end-50p said:

How’s things going Dave......

;) :laughcont:

Not sure what the problem was on Saturday but sitting in the Dolman the sound was even worse than usual, I can't hear a word he says. Hopefully a safety announcement telling everyone to evacuate uses a different system, cos while the other 3 sides empty, the Dolman would be sat there singing 'is there a fire drill'.

11 hours ago, Boys-end-50p said:

Footballs moved on, Downsy does some stuff excellently. For example, his work with the kids is brilliant. He makes their match day experience that much better and that's got to be a positive. OK, he isn't to everyones taste but I think he's come on leaps and bounds since his first few games and to be honest I think he does a decent job. To be stood in front of 20000 people every week trying to fit the taste of everybody is nigh on impossible so fair play to him for what he does

For all the shit that Downsy gets from the fans, and that includes some of the cringe-worthy stuff he does for the kids, I couldn't say he wasn't committed to the role. It was a while back, but I remember speaking to Downsy on a night out when he was with some of the Jack FM (now Sam?) lot, and he was more than happy to hear from a City supporter.

Besides, he's improving, and given how shit stadium announcers usually are I'm at least happy to see we've given it to someone with some experience (off the radio)

4 hours ago, Dave L said:

For the record, I love my new role up in hospitality, and I think Downsy does a good job too.

17 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Is the correct pc answer ...  

It's called, towing the company line. :yes:

5 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Not sure what the problem was on Saturday but sitting in the Dolman the sound was even worse than usual, I can't hear a word he says. Hopefully a safety announcement telling everyone to evacuate uses a different system, cos while the other 3 sides empty, the Dolman would be sat there singing 'is there a fire drill'.

It was even worse in the Dolman as the speakers weren’t working at all on Saturday. Small blessings, I couldn’t hear a thing from  Downsey

1 hour ago, bengalcub said:

Is the correct pc answer ...  

You are of course entirely entitled to your point of view, but don't presume to tell me what mine is. There is nothing 'politically correct' about my view on Downsy. It just happens to be what I think. 

28 minutes ago, Dave L said:

You are of course entirely entitled to your point of view, but don't presume to tell me what mine is. There is nothing 'politically correct' about my view on Downsy. It just happens to be what I think. 

Calm down Dave L , you would of got a like if you actually said hes doing a good job but loads of room for improvement as he makes simple errors .... but i guess thats to controversial 

6 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Calm down Dave L , you would of got a like if you actually said hes doing a good job but loads of room for improvement as he makes simple errors .... but i guess thats to controversial 

Theres going to be room for improvement with any stadium announcer in the country, Downsy does a very good job at appealing to a younger audience, which is what the club want. As for basic errors, everybody makes mistakes, I'm sure @Dave L, despite being an excellent announcer, made some himself. Downsy's blunders are becoming less and less frequent and I didn't notice any on Saturday, although I'd happily be corrected on that... 

6 hours ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Fake news. The Dolman doesn't sing. All Dolmanites would just stare blankly into their empty cups of Bov. 

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Theres going to be room for improvement with any stadium announcer in the country, Downsy does a very good job at appealing to a younger audience, which is what the club want. As for basic errors, everybody makes mistakes, I'm sure @Dave L, despite being an excellent announcer, made some himself. Downsy's blunders are becoming less and less frequent and I didn't notice any on Saturday, although I'd happily be corrected on that... 

No he didn't......

Pete boro 

4 hours ago, Dave L said:

Fair play Dave - nice one - I like the way Downsy takes feedback on Twitter etc in good faith and apologises to fans and promises to do better.....the guy is in a difficult position and does a reasonable job in my opinion....most who criticise him would absolutely wilt if they had to talk to 20,000 people through a microphone.... it ain’t an easy job....but the ones who slate him seem to think it is....

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play Dave - nice one - I like the way Downsy takes feedback on Twitter etc in good faith and apologises to fans and promises to do better.....the guy is in a difficult position and does a reasonable job in my opinion....most who criticise him would absolutely wilt if they had to talk to 20,000 people through a microphone.... it ain’t an easy job....but the ones who slate him seem to think it is....

I agree, I know the guy to talk to as he lives in and gets involved in lots of events around Portishead, he is professional broadcaster, he is the first to admit that he prefers the other game, but he does work at it. He went to some away games when he first started to try to get a feel for the game and he does take a lot of what is said on here to heart. I don't quite understand what the OP's problem is with him reading out a substitution, isn't that part of his role? When does he think he should announce it?

Archived