IGNORED

The Clown with the mic

Boys-end-50p

7 minutes ago, monkeyboy said:

Re: the sub thing - the way I saw/heard it was that he was pausing to respectfully let O'Dowda receive his plaudits/ovation

That’s what I thought at the time. Don’t see  what the issue is to be honest - on this point or generally. 

28 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

I actually dont mind downsy , he speaks into a mic for a living and does ok at it , he makes mistakes as does everybody else , hes defo better than that Dave Lloyd bloke that used to do it...?

How many have you had tonight BC? It’ll be last orders soon, drink up!

First post but been following this forum for a while now. As name suggests I'm a Gooner at heart (blame it on the old man) but Bristol born and bred. Been watching City for a few years now (season ticket for past two years) with my 8yr old lad - he's City 'till he dies and rightly so! But - if City make to the Prem - his first away game will be in the Atyeo watching the Arse?!? ?

We're in the Upper Lansdown (family area) and the infamous tannoy's not too bad - not great but definitely audible - probably due to the tiny chanting you guys don't hear :laugh: - those kids are City trust me! Anyway my boy loves watching the Dunder challenge - eating his pizza - at half time and Downsy's alright in my book, nothing to get irritated about and we hear him loud and clear.

Off topic but Webster is class and thinking about sending Unai an unsolicited email ?

COYR

Not saying he isn't good- but I did prefer his predecessor. Also, as a young(ish) person myself I don't buy the "he appeals to a young audience" stuff. What is a young audience because I've taken people to watch games between the ages of 12 and 16 and I can confirm that none of them think he is too great. If by young you mean the fan base aged 5-10 I really don't think we should have an announcer to cater for such minute proportion of those in attendance. 

Even so, I have to concede he has improved greatly- I used to really dislike him when he started, and now I think he is ok. Who knows in a few more years I might love him!

Surely a grown man does not need to wear a baseball cap to make him look like a nine year old at every game ?

Word on the street is that Downsy will be doing more stuff at Ashton Gate in the future. His radio station was sold to some Germans today and most of the on air staff are unlikely to feature in future plans for the station. 

On 04/02/2019 at 23:14, GoonerRobin said:

First post but been following this forum for a while now. As name suggests I'm a Gooner at heart (blame it on the old man) but Bristol born and bred. Been watching City for a few years now (season ticket for past two years) with my 8yr old lad - he's City 'till he dies and rightly so! But - if City make to the Prem - his first away game will be in the Atyeo watching the Arse?!? ?

We're in the Upper Lansdown (family area) and the infamous tannoy's not too bad - not great but definitely audible - probably due to the tiny chanting you guys don't hear :laugh: - those kids are City trust me! Anyway my boy loves watching the Dunder challenge - eating his pizza - at half time and Downsy's alright in my book, nothing to get irritated about and we hear him loud and clear.

Off topic but Webster is class and thinking about sending Unai an unsolicited email ?

COYR

Do they have a "Downsy" up the Arsenal?

On 04/02/2019 at 23:14, GoonerRobin said:

Been watching City for a few years now (season ticket for past two years) with my 8yr old lad - he's City 'till he dies and rightly so! But - if City make to the Prem - his first away game will be in the Atyeo watching the Arse?!? ?

You honestly believe you’d be able to buy two seats in the Atyeo Stand? Suggest Arsenal season ticket holders will have first dibs, if they don’t have an away scheme. Arsenal will be travelling in their thousands, looking for revenge.....................

3 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

You honestly believe you’d be able to buy two seats in the Atyeo Stand? Suggest Arsenal season ticket holders will have first dibs, if they don’t have an away scheme. Arsenal will be travelling in their thousands, looking for revenge.....................

Ah but I have a cunning plan where we won't need tickets see: about a week before the game I'm gonna come on here under a pseudonym, such as 'ISLINGTON', mouthing off how we're going to bring 10k fans to your barn and take both ends etc. Now, admittedly, this next bit requires a leap of faith but this potential for mischief will be picked up by the old bill on their new 'intelligence machine' (Dell laptop) which can analyse 'big data' such as 'social media'. When they start smugly herding Gooners from the station, confident they've managed to prevent the 'very real' threat of AG being invaded, I plan to join the throng halfway down Cumberland road (around 3 hours later). By which time the match will have kicked off causing boisterous banter to turn toxic. By the time we reach the ground, the urge to pee will be excruciating, faced with 800 screaming mockneys about to piss themselves the turnstiles will be flung open and in we calmly stroll, ready to start pointing menacingly at the bumpkins in E block - sound vaguely familiar? ?

4 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Do they have a "Downsy" up the Arsenal?

To be honest M8 the handful of times I've been to the Emirates I've never really sounded out whether they employ minor local celebrities channeling the spirit of Smashy & Nicey to do their announcing.? We do have Gunnersaurus though!

On 04/02/2019 at 18:34, Septic Peg said:

Fake news. The Dolman doesn't sing. All Dolmanites would just stare blankly into their empty cups of Bov. 

As a Dolmanite I resent this. I drink tea I think you'll find. ?

9 hours ago, SX227 said:

I'm disappointed he didn't throw down his mic, shout "lets 'ave it you Taffs" and wade into the Atyeo.

Piss poor if you ask me Downsy. Lift your game mate.

Better if he kept the mic and used it as a cosh on the advancing hordes :D 

On 06/02/2019 at 03:37, Bobthedog said:

Word on the street is that Downsy will be doing more stuff at Ashton Gate in the future. His radio station was sold to some Germans today and most of the on air staff are unlikely to feature in future plans for the station. 

Are you talking about Bauer Media who acquired Celador Radio (including Sam FM)? Their registered company address is in Peterborough, UK and they also have offices in Edinburgh and London...are those near Munich?!

So, on which ‘strasse’ did you hear the ‘word’?....

Archived