IGNORED

Fortress Ashton Gate, Finally

YCbrs

Just having a middle of the night flashback to the pre-game atmosphere on Saturday and thinking about how electric it was. Spoke to a mate I ran into at half time and he said the exact same thing.

Not sure what made it feel that way, probably a combination of factors (Welsh opposition, the un beaten run, chance to get into the top six, Swansea bringing a large following) but whatever it was the Gate was absolutely rocking before kick off. Honestly haven't felt that excited watching the players walk out since United.

If we can bring that atmosphere and turn the Gate into a real fortress for the rest of the season then it's hard to see us not cementing a place in the top six.

Honestly, just felt like the team and the fans were truly united and determined to get a result Saturday, and even when they had more of the chances in the first half I was never in doubt of us getting the win - and fortunately I was right!

Great result on Saturday but marred by the mindless idiots, i hear that it was possibly caused that 800 swans fans got in late, what a coincidence that number 800 is the difference between the 10% ticket allocation Bristol City could have give Swansea and the 3500 tickets that they did, so who are the mindless idiots, are Bristol City going to offer to pay for the damage to the 2 pubs i doubt it, surely they would have spoken to the police about numbers before selling to the Swans or is it a case of Money and nothing else. 

2 hours ago, Club and Country said:

Couldn’t disagree more tbh!!

i thought until the ‘Swansea lads’ turned up it was shocking

very good after that though

Exactly what I thought. Until it kicked off, all you could hear was Swansea mocking the lack of noise from the home ends. 

Second half was good, and to be fair, I didn’t get to my seat until right on kick off, so can’t comment on the “pre-match” atmosphere, but it was very flat, all things considered, for the first 20-30 mins. 

I just love to read posts like this.

5 hours ago, YCbrs said:

Just having a middle of the night flashback to the pre-game atmosphere on Saturday and thinking about how electric it was. Spoke to a mate I ran into at half time and he said the exact same thing.

Not sure what made it feel that way, probably a combination of factors (Welsh opposition, the un beaten run, chance to get into the top six, Swansea bringing a large following) but whatever it was the Gate was absolutely rocking before kick off. Honestly haven't felt that excited watching the players walk out since United.

If we can bring that atmosphere and turn the Gate into a real fortress for the rest of the season then it's hard to see us not cementing a place in the top six.

Honestly, just felt like the team and the fans were truly united and determined to get a result Saturday, and even when they had more of the chances in the first half I was never in doubt of us getting the win - and fortunately I was right!

I just love to read posts like this.

Momentum and confidence big in football. Very important.

Away form has been top drawer results wise and football gradually improving. Now the same is starting to happen at home I think, definitely through this run small steps but the football has been gradually improving throughout. Good atmosphere always helps- hopefully it'll set the standard, plenty of big home games to come. Birmingham, Leeds, West Brom and Derby. QPR important from a League position POV but not so much as a club, big away following.

5 hours ago, YCbrs said:

I haven’t had any flashbacks......but you’re right the atmosphere 45 was electric and largely down to the Jacks away support making a tremendous noise - at least until they conceded..........:rofl2br:

It was a very decent game, played by two teams who both wanted the three points.

In the car coming back to Nailsea we all agreed that it was a ‘proper’ game of football and very different to the drab performances against Rotherham and Bolton. Good to see.

I’m with those that thought it was a bit flat until the Jacks started kicking off. I was actually still a but disappointed in our response even then. 

I think back to times like when Millwall came in the FA cup and started giving it the big one. The whole stadium was absolutely rocking in retaliation, so loud you could feel it in your bones. Thought it was quite tame on Saturday relatively and thought we’d get the volume a bit louder when the handbags started. 

The best buzz I had leaving the gate since the United game , by a distance 

There is a clear mix in the modern fanbase as to whether they want an edge and an atmosphere

Yes you can have an atmosphere without trouble but an edge at least gives it something extra , 

it had a touch of the 80s 

I loved it 

2 hours ago, oldland3 said:

Great result on Saturday but marred by the mindless idiots, i hear that it was possibly caused that 800 swans fans got in late, what a coincidence that number 800 is the difference between the 10% ticket allocation Bristol City could have give Swansea and the 3500 tickets that they did, so who are the mindless idiots, are Bristol City going to offer to pay for the damage to the 2 pubs i doubt it, surely they would have spoken to the police about numbers before selling to the Swans or is it a case of Money and nothing else. 

How about the mindless idiots pay for the damage they caused.

41 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I’m with those that thought it was a bit flat until the Jacks started kicking off. I was actually still a but disappointed in our response even then. 

I think back to times like when Millwall came in the FA cup and started giving it the big one. The whole stadium was absolutely rocking in retaliation, so loud you could feel it in your bones. Thought it was quite tame on Saturday relatively and thought we’d get the volume a bit louder when the handbags started. 

Good post - can’t disagree - 

was still better though....... ;) 

It will be the three idiots that ran on the pitch that will cause us as a Club some serious isssues

The idiot offside goal celebrator ?

and the two who traded blows with the Swansea idiots

Add a Swansea fan arrested on pitch 

Two separate pitch incidents / incursions

Thats what’s gonna bite us on the azz

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

I haven’t had any flashbacks......but you’re right the atmosphere 45 was electric and largely down to the Jacks away support making a tremendous noise - at least until they conceded..........:rofl2br:

It was a very decent game, played by two teams who both wanted the three points.

In the car coming back to Nailsea we all agreed that it was a ‘proper’ game of football and very different to the drab performances against Rotherham and Bolton. Good to see.

Best game of football I’ve seen at the Gate for a while. The bit of interplay that led to O’Dowda missing that one on one he should have buried looked like it came from a team that should be at the higher end of the table. When teams come to AG to play we have that in our locker....when teams stick 10 behind the ball we don’t quite have so much in the locker!!!

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

The massive downside of a few who wanted to take it way over , is the growing media noise about it

and we are undoubtedly going to be in the s*** with the FA and under scrutiny for the coming months 

The atmosphere and edge , great , the idiots who go a few steps too far.....no 

But the football club don’t manage the stadium so how could it affect us. ? 

Archived