IGNORED

Safe standing blown away

fatman

3 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

What a strange post.

Police and stewards mess up by letting in loads of drunk Swansea fans in fifteen minutes late so creating an aggressive atmosphere and then compound that problem by not holding Swansea back after the game to prevent further clashes.

Therefore safe standing is to blame.

Why not blame climate change or Brexit while you're at it?

Quire so Eddie, but as Mr P said, if authorities have an anti safe standing agenda, they may cite examples such as this to support their case.

The irony being of course that tens of thousands of fans unsafely stand throughout games at Premier league and Championship level every week with impunity.

23 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

That's not what I meant. Course not all those who like standing are looking for trouble, but of those who might possibly be looking for trouble probably more than not would be interested in standing, and therefore would end up away from where they would find it.

So not only would safe standing not be the cause of this or make it worse, indirectly it would help make it better. As well as improve the atmosphere and everything else.

I totally understand the logic, but personally don't think it stands up to scrutiny - for instance, even when AG had terraces aplenty, it was B-Block that was one of the principal gathering points for our lads. 

One of the key issues here stems from the fact that people assume that a section from which vocal backing emanates is more likely to contain 'risk' supporters. I think that's far from true, and frankly, don't think too many 'football lads' would want to be seen dead next to people waving flags and suchlike. 

There's many sub-genres of 'supporter', and I think the inability for the government, police and club to recognize this is the crux of the problem. 

incidentally, totally agree with your other point made elsewhere - that being, the most likely flash points 'in the ground' are always going to be closest to the away support.

8 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

I totally understand the logic, but personally don't think it stands up to scrutiny - for instance, even when AG had terraces aplenty, it was B-Block that was one of the principal gathering points for our lads. 

One of the key issues here stems from the fact that people assume that a section from which vocal backing emanates is more likely to contain 'risk' supporters. I think that's far from true, and frankly, don't think too many 'football lads' would want to be seen dead next to people waving flags and suchlike. 

There's many sub-genres of 'supporter', and I think the inability for the government, police and club to recognize this is the crux of the problem. 

Yeah, you make a fair point.

3 hours ago, Countryfile said:

I don’t think the reaction  is ‘getting out of control’, would you agree that the problem inside the ground went on for some considerable time? It could and should have been nipped in the bud with the correct action.

Outside the ground I witnessed trouble that I had  not seen for many years, and yes I am an old fart who has attended games for many,  many years.

I want to attend matches with my young family members safe in the knowledge that they can enjoy themselves without having to be in the middle of a pitched battle, and if you were in or near the park as we were that was exactly what it was.

I actually think an over reaction would be a good thing, perhaps then the club and police might sit up and take notice.

I hope that the four young ones Whose tickets I pay for will take my place when I die, perhaps I should think about turning them off football for their own safety, What do you think? Please don’t trot out the ‘yobs only fight amongst themselves’ line, because I know different.

Im not condoning the behaviour as I said, there’s no place for that. But people calling for large away followings and safe standing to be scrapped are OTT imo. 

5 hours ago, Littlesh*t said:

Those types of fans? 

I would much rather stand at a game of football but that doesn't make me someone who is there for trouble. I also bet some of those fans who did cause trouble don't always stand at football.

You've fallen foul to the muslim terrorists/racist leave voters mindset.  Not all muslims are terrorists, but many terrorists are muslim.  Not all leave voters were racist, but most racist voters likely voted leave.  Not all standers are hooligans, but many hooligans are standers etc etc.  Try not to take offence where no offence is meant.

Archived