IGNORED

Monday Night 7pm Twitter Feed - LK, JL, LJ, MA (Merged)

Selred

It's a live stream of them answering pre-submitted (and therefore vetted) video questions. You won't be able to ask questions during the stream.

However, Johnson is on Radio Bristol at 6pm tonight - I think this is the broadcast of a pre-recorded interview with Twentyman so again no chance to submit questions live.

Thought it was excellent. The club didn’t hold back on some difficult questions such as “are Nathan Bakers injuries too often?” and “why don’t the club pay for away coaches like Stoke do” amongst many others.

Also interesting to hear the Robin is returning as our badge!

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

Thought it was excellent. The club didn’t hold back on some difficult questions such as “are Nathan Bakers injuries too often?” and “why don’t the club pay for away coaches like Stoke do” amongst many others.

Also interesting to hear the Robin is returning as our badge!

Was it transcripted Selred anywhere do you know ?

It was less preemptive than I thought it would be and some of the questions answered genuinely did appear on twitter during so not all rehearsed.

I had no plan to watch but it was ok and MA was definitely stand out again and not much buzzwords!!

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If Jon has been a keen follower of OTIB and reading your posts then I guess he may just wish to remain a "pen friend" and keep his sister at home.

The rest of us love you.

I understand what you mean but I'm a good man in life and always look after my friends in Bristol

They all seemed very nervous to begin with and it was very stilted. A bit like pulling teeth. Jon Lansdown seemed very nervous and stilted and is not a natural speaker. LJ and Mark Ashton are both comfortable with the media. Towards the end as the questions came flying in live it sparked up a bit, and a few interesting things came out.

LJ said that the club had been loyal to him but he had been loyal to the club and had had some offers. It is a shame that Lisa Knights didn't push him further on that.

LJ also said that Max O'Leary nearly played against Forest away, but had been ill for three days before so it was given to Frank Fielding, which LJ said was a risk as he had just come back from injury, but obviously it worked out. 

It seems, reading between the lines, that the Assombalonga dead never really got off the ground. 

Apart from a rogue croissant, LJ went vegan for January as a bet with Alex Russell. Perhaps why he seems to have lost a bit of weight.

When they were asked which game in the past they could go back and play in, Ashton said any game with Lee Johnson in it, because Lee Johnson gives the impression that he was a combination of Messi and Maradona as a player. LJ said the Hull game, which obviously hurt him and his family. Jon L suggested going and playing in that game but for Hull, as he is that bad. But a City XI with LJ and Scott Murray and Carey beat that Hull team for charity recently 3-0.

A certain amount of banter about beards and Jon Lansdown's sports top. Jon tries out the gear before it hits the club shop.

The usual PR and repetition of the words "this football club" ad nauseam from Mark Ashton.

LJ much the same as he is in press conferences.

Oh, and Mark Ashton's favourite cheese is cheddar. Glad they cleared that one up. It's been keeping me awake for months. 

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Here you go Bob, imagine the actual talk will be on YouTube soon too,

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-fans-forum-live-2507347

Thanks 

For others it’s also on the BCFC online twitter account here

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/BCFConline?src=hashtag_click

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

It's a live stream of them answering pre-submitted (and therefore vetted) video questions. You won't be able to ask questions during the stream.

When I saw them asking for video questions in advance, I knew they were opening themselves up to this complaint. Was therefore pleasing to see that they also included live questions via Twitter (not ducking away from some more probing ones either).

If anything, the video questions aspect was just to add a bit more variety in terms of voices/scenery, and get some actual fans seen as well as heard.

Pretty decent all in all.

1 minute ago, RedYoshi said:

When I saw them asking for video questions in advance, I knew they were opening themselves up to this complaint. Was therefore pleasing to see that they also included live questions via Twitter (not ducking away from some more probing ones either).

If anything, the video questions aspect was just to add a bit more variety in terms of voices/scenery, and get some actual fans seen as well as heard.

Pretty decent all in all.

Ah did they? Tbh I didn't watch it, intended on watching it back on YouTube or something. Fair enough.

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ah did they? Tbh I didn't watch it, intended on watching it back on YouTube or something. Fair enough.

Yeah, was pleasantly surprised. Think you should be able to replay it all on Twitter already if you fancied:

The only slight element of preparedness or “soft touch” was that Lisa Knights didn’t really push much further on any question, or guide them back to a more direct answer, but a) mostly she didn’t really need to, as they answered pretty frankly to be fair, and b) she clearly wasn’t there in an independent journalistic role, more of a conduit for the questions, which is understandable.

Most of the input on video was from inside AG meaning people had not properly prepared their questions. Credit to Jon and Stue for their home videos. Maybe it can be a link til next time so we more easily can put the videos up? After the icebreaker about what cheese they prefered it got poorer and Jon got to little room. Most people are interested in what Jon has to say. Not LJ or MA. Loud sometimes as poor as the tannoy system at AG but a good start and a good initiative by BS.

Archived