IGNORED

Monday Night 7pm Twitter Feed - LK, JL, LJ, MA (Merged)

Selred

Actually it is really good. If the club has found a solution that works to allow them to put something on without the fear of having no control over who turns up and what they ask, but also gives fans the ability to submit live questions then that is great.

For anyone watching it after the event. it doesn't actually start until there's about 14 minutes on the clock. Until then you'll just see the holding image - BCFC's version of the old girl and clown playing noughts and crosses.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Actually it is really good. If the club has found a solution that works to allow them to put something on without the fear of having no control over who turns up and what they ask, but also gives fans the ability to submit live questions then that is great.

For anyone watching it after the event. it doesn't actually start until there's about 14 minutes on the clock. Until then you'll just see the holding image - BCFC's version of the old girl and clown playing noughts and crosses.

I gave up after 10 minutes of nothing.

Can you imagine the thick skin you must have to do open sessions with football supporters, knowing the abuse they get on many supporter channels - especially when the team is not performing well. I would never talk to anyone! Its funny that on most of these sessions everyone, is very decent and rational. 

10 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

Can you imagine the thick skin you must have to do open sessions with football supporters, knowing the abuse they get on many supporter channels - especially when the team is not performing well. I would never talk to anyone! Its funny that on most of these sessions everyone, is very decent and rational. 

I thought it was bang out of order to ask them about....

....their favourite cheese! ?

35 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I gave up after 10 minutes of nothing.

Mrs Downend tells me that. :shocking:

31 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

You were so close!

She tells me that as well! :shocking:

2 hours ago, MC26 said:

True. Seems strange to get stick like he has when they've only conceded 22 goals this season. Makes you think a large number of their fans were expecting him to be getting a fair few goals like he managed for us.

Middlesbrough, invariably, over the years, seem to be defensively sound and a bit short on goals scored; a bit dour; apart from when they had Ravanelli and co (probably). They have had some excellent central defenders so, as great as Flinty was here, and as loved as he was, Middlesbrough have had better cbs. He's not going to match up to Pallister, Mowbray, Gibson.

They also need a scapegoat, currently, of course. 

15 hours ago, Boston Red said:

They all seemed very nervous to begin with and it was very stilted. A bit like pulling teeth. Jon Lansdown seemed very nervous and stilted and is not a natural speaker. LJ and Mark Ashton are both comfortable with the media. Towards the end as the questions came flying in live it sparked up a bit, and a few interesting things came out.

LJ said that the club had been loyal to him but he had been loyal to the club and had had some offers. It is a shame that Lisa Knights didn't push him further on that.

LJ also said that Max O'Leary nearly played against Forest away, but had been ill for three days before so it was given to Frank Fielding, which LJ said was a risk as he had just come back from injury, but obviously it worked out. 

It seems, reading between the lines, that the Assombalonga dead never really got off the ground. 

Apart from a rogue croissant, LJ went vegan for January as a bet with Alex Russell. Perhaps why he seems to have lost a bit of weight.

When they were asked which game in the past they could go back and play in, Ashton said any game with Lee Johnson in it, because Lee Johnson gives the impression that he was a combination of Messi and Maradona as a player. LJ said the Hull game, which obviously hurt him and his family. Jon L suggested going and playing in that game but for Hull, as he is that bad. But a City XI with LJ and Scott Murray and Carey beat that Hull team for charity recently 3-0.

A certain amount of banter about beards and Jon Lansdown's sports top. Jon tries out the gear before it hits the club shop.

The usual PR and repetition of the words "this football club" ad nauseam from Mark Ashton.

LJ much the same as he is in press conferences.

Oh, and Mark Ashton's favourite cheese is cheddar. Glad they cleared that one up. It's been keeping me awake for months. 

Cheese does that .

:yes:

12 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Middlesbrough, invariably, over the years, seem to be defensively sound and a bit short on goals scored; a bit dour; apart from when they had Ravanelli and co (probably). They have had some excellent central defenders so, as great as Flinty was here, and as loved as he was, Middlesbrough have had better cbs. He's not going to match up to Pallister, Mowbray, Gibson.

They also need a scapegoat, currently, of course. 

Didn’t particularly rate Gibson.

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

That's where these kind of events lose credibility 

Absolutely.

Fans aren't interested in them discussing cheese - they want them to  be discussing their favourite chocolate bars!

13 hours ago, Redsi2 said:

Other than dodgy sound (much like the tannoy in the Dolman) was good.  The badge will contain the Robin and 1894 by the sound of it. Any strikers we were after weren't available quite early so that was why no late signings. Could someone explain the cost and benefits of having a category 1 academy that MA didn't rule out?

Shouldn't the date go back to 1887 with the formation of Bedminster\Southville FC which are part of our history?

4 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

THE CRINGE!!!!

Get your tongue out his ass Mark ffs. 

I did like the bit where Mark Ashton is in full flow about the "pathway" and with the briefest turn and beam in the direction of LJ, says "And Lee's given debuts to so many academy players, haven't you Lee". If you ignored the beard, it was all a bit Roy and Renee of the Fast Show. "Ohhhhh. I said we're fishing in different ponds. What did I say Lee?"

1 hour ago, hoxton casual said:

It's a funny one, isn't it?

The more todays footballers are cossetted, looked after, have everything done for them, hidden away from the moronic, unwashed masses, told how great they are (and increasingly not told anything that might upset them ie given the old school hairdryer), the more they swing into their special parking space in enormous, tinted-window "look at me" vehicles (where they once walked or caught the bus (!) to matches), the more they isolate themselves from normal every day life (amongst the moronic unwashed), and of course, the more they are paid, the more of this there is the more they get shouted at and abused and the thicker the skin they need.

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

No, Cheese does this.

cheese.thumb.jpg.929e6915e4aa5192f41e8db0f35dedbd.jpg

39 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

It's a funny one, isn't it?

The more todays footballers are cossetted, looked after, have everything done for them, hidden away from the moronic, unwashed masses, told how great they are (and increasingly not told anything that might upset them ie given the old school hairdryer), the more they swing into their special parking space in enormous, tinted-window "look at me" vehicles (where they once walked or caught the bus (!) to matches), the more they isolate themselves from normal every day life (amongst the moronic unwashed), and of course, the more they are paid, the more of this there is the more they get shouted at and abused and the thicker the skin they need.

Funny both your posts came up so close together...I had to use a bus on Sunday, and no other than the big cheese was sat in front of me. Playing nowadays he could have afforded a chauffeur... different times.

I got the feeling that, even though they requested that people send in their questions during the stream, all of the questions asked had already been submitted by the time the stream started.

Also, did anyone else notice some weird sound issues at times?

As far as the actual content goes, I really enjoyed it. I'm not a huge fan of Twitter as the medium for streams, and it's a shame that it couldn't have been done through the website in some capacity to allow us to rewatch it.

It was nice to see someone address Category 1 academy status for when we upgrade the training facilities. From what MA said, the revamped training centre would allow the club to integrate the academy and the first team for the first time, and to my knowledge Category 1 status would purely require an increased number of coaches for youth level. It's also interesting to hear how much travel is involved from MA and LJ, with both on the road to build connections to other clubs.

2 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

He could've afforded a new knee.....

Heard him interviewed by Richard Latham and he said that they didn’t diagnose that he’d broken his knee-cap, only damaged cartilage.  So they had him pounding the Grandstand steps to build up his muscles, whilst not realising he was making his kneecap worse.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Heard him interviewed by Richard Latham and he said that they didn’t diagnose that he’d broken his knee-cap, only damaged cartilage.  So they had him pounding the Grandstand steps to build up his muscles, whilst not realising he was making his kneecap worse.

Thankfully medicine has moved on since the seventies.

I remember when Gazza did his ACL and people were saying he’s finished. At the time this operation wasn’t widely performed but now players mostly seem to come back from this injury to continue their careers.

The Cheese’s injury was a huge blow to the club , things could have been so much better for us and him if it hadn’t happened.

We had just beaten Arsenal and showed that we could mix it with the best . 

36 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Didn't David James drive a Focus?

An ST version with all the suped up boy racer add-ons but a Focus none the less.

27 minutes ago, TRL said:

He drove a van.. with a mattress in the back by all accounts!

He was in a clapped out VW Golf the couple of times I overtook him on the M5 past Weston on my way to AG.

Archived