IGNORED

Korey Smith

Slippin cider

Thing is, even irrespective of anything @phantom knows, Korey was out for up to 6 months - which would take us to around mid-February. It's then going to take him a good month to get back up to speed and I think, due to the way Korey plays being quite all-action, he's nowhere near his best when he isn't fully fit. Even when he is back, I think it will take a while until he is back to his best. 

I'd be pleasantly surprised if he is fit, in-form and playing regularly by the end of the season. 

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Thing is, even irrespective of anything @phantom knows, Korey was out for up to 6 months - which would take us to around mid-February. It's then going to take him a good month to get back up to speed and I think, due to the way Korey plays being quite all-action, he's nowhere near his best when he isn't fully fit. Even when he is back, I think it will take a while until he is back to his best. 

I'd be pleasantly surprised if he is fit, in-form and playing regularly by the end of the season. 

I spoke to Korey October time and he said he'd be back playing end of Dec/early January. He was already in the gym back in October so clearly something has happened to cause a delay in his return.

If he does play again this season, it will probably be from the bench, 5-10 minutes a game to get a bit of sharpness back.

Personally I don't expect him to be back this season at all. Unfortunately I think we need to plan for a future without Smith, as every injury he gets now, seems to be worse than the last one.

A fully fit Korey Smith is one of the first names on the teamsheet. I do wonder though, if we have seen the last of Korey Smith as a first team regular. A small part of me wonders if we will see him again. 

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I spoke to Korey October time and he said he'd be back playing end of Dec/early January. He was already in the gym back in October so clearly something has happened to cause a delay in his return.

I spoke to him around November (my dad’s bigger than yours ?), and he wasn’t load bearing at that point.  He was limping massively around the BCTV commentary position.

We have however seen him sprinting against Walsh on twitter (Xmas time?), which was better than I expected.  I think similarly to...

23 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Of course @phantom may know of a set-back.

17 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

First ran / jogged on a treadmill mid December and started to run on grass late December

LJ said a while back it wouldn’t be until March at very very earliest

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

First ran / jogged on a treadmill mid December and started to run on grass late December

LJ said a while back it wouldn’t be until March at very very earliest

March was what was realistic to hope for. I’d rather not rush him back in any way. 

Imagine getting a fully fit Korey smith back in time for the final run in, if we are still challenging..! What a boost that would be..! 

9 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Thirteen games unbeaten, seven victories on the spin, and the heart of our team only produces one good pass a game?

When was the last 3 game stretch that Pack was at the top of his game?

Give me stats all you want but he has been consistently one of our poorer players in this run. Not awful but average overall.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Smith when fully fit is better than Pack. 

Pack hasn’t exactly had a great season 

Better in what respect? Not vision, passing or aerial ability for example?

As for not exactly having a great season...statistically our best player this season. Doesn't suggest he's been one of our poorer players... 

28 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Better in what respect? Not vision, passing or aerial ability for example?

As for not exactly having a great season...statistically our best player this season. Doesn't suggest he's been one of our poorer players... 

You use stats. I will use my eyes.

Pretty sure most agree on our best 11 players. I would say Pack has been near 8th or 9th best 

Archived