IGNORED

Korey Smith

Slippin cider

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

It’s a sensitive subject, without any indicators it hard to tell if you were seriously calling Korey a racist simply for referring to his friends and team mates by a nicknames

Maybe you weren’t clear enough or like you said it’s too early.

My stepdaughters are half Bengali. First time I brought them to a game I did have to explain why someone was shouting “Come on Packy” ?

In a day when one can’t say anything for fear of the PC brigade rolling into town; sorry but I thought it was pretty obvious that KS wasn’t being racist and that my lighthearted quip referring to “Packy and Browny” would get a smile and maybe a couple of likes.

Oh how wrong I was. 

8 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

My stepdaughters are half Bengali. First time I brought them to a game I did have to explain why someone was shouting “Come on Packy” ?

In a day when one can’t say anything for fear of the PC brigade rolling into town; sorry but I thought it was pretty obvious that KS wasn’t being racist and that my lighthearted quip referring to “Packy and Browny” would get a smile and maybe a couple of likes.

Oh how wrong I was. 

I see where you are in this, but your obvious is someone else’s doubt. I certainly am not the PC brigade and believe some of the things we have to be careful about are too far the other way at times. I suppose what got me was the fact you added ‘Great’ at the end of your post, to emphasise. Maybe I read it wrong, but I’m sure I’m not alone.

Anyway, all clear now. Korey as ever was lovely, we are lucky to have him at the club. Enjoy your day, hope it gets better!

On Pack, I think the absence of Reid this season has made him appear less effective than he actually has been. Last year, he was the source of so many of the balls into him, which Bobby would then pop off or turn and so many of our attacks would start in that manner, so it was more obvious the impact he was having.

But this season we haven't really had anyone playing that role, picking up those spaces, for a large part - so Pack has seemed less influential. But I wouldn't be surprised at all if the minute Palmer starts playing regularly, Pack is judged to be playing much better.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I see where you are in this, but your obvious is someone else’s doubt. I certainly am not the PC brigade and believe some of the things we have to be careful about are too far the other way at times. I suppose what got me was the fact you added ‘Great’ at the end of your post, to emphasise. Maybe I read it wrong, but I’m sure I’m not alone.

Anyway, all clear now. Korey as ever was lovely, we are lucky to have him at the club. Enjoy your day, hope it gets better!

I suspect, with KS not being white, everybody else knew this was a joke.

I’ve been puzzled all season why people think Pack has been poor. Yes there is the occasional misplaced pass, but basically he’s the mainspring of the team. As he’s playing very deep, he’s rarely seen in attack this season, so not getting into shooting positions. Apart from that - no issues. I would be amazed to see him dropped.

7 minutes ago, Leveller said:

I’ve been puzzled all season why people think Pack has been poor. Yes there is the occasional misplaced pass, but basically he’s the mainspring of the team. As he’s playing very deep, he’s rarely seen in attack this season, so not getting into shooting positions. Apart from that - no issues. I would be amazed to see him dropped.

Absolutely spot on! He's an essential part of the team's spine. We'd be losing games without him in the side. 

21 hours ago, Agard Days Night said:

No, I understand the joke Peasent. Just unsure why somebody with “brown” skin might not be able to be racist. 

Nah, your still not there are you pal.

I think the original "joke" was a brown skinned person calling another brown skinned person "browny", racist? Sorry snowflake thats really odd reasoning and not the way the joke was set up to me!

Of course any coloured person could be racist, I've not said that, your being a pedant.

And what's with the peasent jibe, Can't you have a debate without insults?

1 minute ago, Pheasant plucker said:

Nah, your still not there are you pal.

I think the original "joke" was a brown skinned person calling another brown skinned person "browny", racist? Sorry snowflake thats really odd reasoning and not the way the joke was set up to me!

Of course any coloured person could be racist, I've not said that, your being a pedant.

And what's with the peasent jibe, Can't you have a debate without insults?

Peasent? Spelling mistake, snowflake.

Calm down. I understand the joke. 

Archived