IGNORED

Korey Smith

Slippin cider

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

LJ says Korey is the best one on one we have. He's surely quicker than Pack.

LJ says that Pack is a future manager of BCFC and he trusts him implicitly due to his tactical acumen.

Twice the player of Smith imo.

Opinions eh ?

I doubt Korey will play any relevant part to this season. If he is fit in March it will take him another 6 weeks to get to match fitness and at that point we are into next season

For me the main trio of MP, JB and KS provide great competition for the central 2 places in Midfield. 

2 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

I doubt Korey will play any relevant part to this season. If he is fit in March it will take him another 6 weeks to get to match fitness and at that point we are into next season

For me the main trio of MP, JB and KS provide great competition for the central 2 places in Midfield. 

I really can't see Smith being in the team with the way in which players have developed this season.

He has several in front of him imo.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

But he also said Smith is the best player we have in our squad in one on one tackling situations which would mean he's better at Pack at that.

No.

He said that Smith is good at one on one defending.

I've not noticed that myself but will concede to LJ that he knows better than me.

But as an all round footballer, Smith is now well down the pecking order imo.

33 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I use both thanks. Again, statistically being our best player would suggest he is nearer the top than the bottom, would it not? 

Genuine question because I don’t really know any stats off the top of my head other than goals, what statistics make Pack one of our better players? Ot better yet where do you view your stats? Be interesting to have a look. 

I am not Pack’s biggest fan either but he is certainly more dynamic on the ball than Korey and we have the second best defense in the league and Pack is part of that. If for arguments sake korey made us the best defense would we be better off with less goals? 

Personally think both aren’t the best CM for pushing for top 2 spots. Not sure either do enough. Sounds harsh and I don’t mean it to be because both have done fantastic jobs for the club but if one of those 2 is a starter I think we can find better. I’ll probably get slammed but there was a time when Bailey Wright looked irreplacable and now we see what else is out there. Same with Flint we thought it’d be tough to replace but has not been thag bad. May miss an attribute or two but wholly think better is to be had. 

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’m still missing .... why has one got to be ‘better’ than the other

Both decent Championship players who offer different attributes

Both good servants for us 

Both good pros it would appear

.........why has one got to be ‘better’ than the other

Someone asked when Smith is fit will he in our best XI. Debate then ensued.

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

You use stats. I will use my eyes.

Pretty sure most agree on our best 11 players. I would say Pack has been near 8th or 9th best 

I don’t think he appears to the naked eye to be playing as well as last season, but....

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I use both thanks. Again, statistically being our best player would suggest he is nearer the top than the bottom, would it not? 

....I think the role he is now being asked to play limits his individual influence fromma flashy point of view and that doesn’t catch the eye in how we think he is performing.

3 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Pack watch, do me a favour, when you go and watch our next match count the number of times after winning the ball our players pass to Pack to start our next play

The guy is a key part of our team

Very good point.  He also averages the most passes per match across the squad, just ahead of Webster.

5 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Just a bit of light hearted sarcasm on a Thursday morning mate. 

It’s a sensitive subject, without any indicators it hard to tell if you were seriously calling Korey a racist simply for referring to his friends and team mates by a nicknames

Maybe you weren’t clear enough or like you said it’s too early.

Archived