IGNORED

Dean Holden - Hibs?

RedRoss

11 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Be very surprised if that happened.

Would be a pay cut I suspect, for starters and a big move down football wise.

To be fair a step down in football is perfect for a new manager, it means they have the experience in a higher quality of football to teach. Going to a Championship club would be far less forgiving. 

11 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

Be very surprised if that happened.

Would be a pay cut I suspect, for starters and a big move down football wise.

Step down?

Going from a coach at a championship side to being manager at a club who played in Europe this season.

Id be pleased for him if it worked out, good opportunity for him to test himself

10 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Step down?

Going from a coach at a championship side to being manager at a club who played in Europe this season.

Id be pleased for him if it worked out, good opportunity for him to test himself

Who played in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League and were promptly despatched.

Scottish football is an utter mess - trust me I know.

If he wants to go out on his own, and I don’t blame him if he does ,I would look at Div 1 at a club with ambition,a budget and owners who will give you time.

I think sometimes we all fail to recognize that the Championship really is a ‘big’ league, more people attend Championship football than Siere A - that is quite a statistic.

10 hours ago, Spike said:

To be fair a step down in football is perfect for a new manager, it means they have the experience in a higher quality of football to teach. Going to a Championship club would be far less forgiving. 

I agree but I would give Scotland a wide berth.

Realistically any job he got in the Championship, at this stage in his career, would be at a club that was struggling - not the best place to start given the unforgiving nature of this division.

Archived