IGNORED

Enclosure Old Timer

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ha ha.  There are some great people on this forum, it has its moments too.  When you read other forums it’s like 3 posts a day, this place is prolific....someone will always have an opinion on something.

You’ll soon find out who the characters are.  I know @Major Isewater‘s puns are really funny, but @reddoh just cracks me up, irrespective of whether he’s trying to be funny or not.

I'm only private reddoh at the moment but I would like to become field Marshall Reddoh then I can boss @Major Isewateraround. 

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

Welcome EOT!

Do they still have that little train running by the seafront? If I remember the pub on top of the hill does a good Pint & Sunday Roast.

The train's still there and the Salthouse pub still does good grub and a decent pint, though the best beer in Clevedon is at the Fallen Tree micropub on Hill Road! 

3 hours ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Never much time before, but now the evil necessity of work is in the past, I can devote my time to all sorts of trivial (and not so trivial) things! 

feels good doesn't it, the can't believe I haven't got to go to work anymore never gets old. no more 6.30 alarm, and if you do get bored you know where to come for a chat!

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Old Enclosure- a bit posh then? :)

Wasn't always the Enclosure, stood on the East End from mid 60"s to early 70's, then moved round to the Enclosure til it became seated, moved to the Dolman then, fell out of love with the club for a while during the Mcinnes/O'dismal era then the Cott's era and the ground re-developement dragged me back and made me realise that try as you might, you can never get away from this frustrating, unpredictable, wonderful club! 

Welcome, this place will take over your life. 

You may realise some of us are purple. For only 5 pounds a year (about the same as a pint in the concourse nowadays...) you could go purple yourself, it's a very high privilege and only the best posters can do it, I'd highly recommend it... 

Just remember that @Robbored is apparently a troll, although there's little proof to back that one up. And if you support Johnson after we lose a game you are deluded and a happy clapper.

Enjoy! 

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Welcome, this place will take over your life. 

You may realise some of us are purple. For only 5 pounds a year (about the same as a pint in the concourse nowadays...) you could go purple yourself, it's a very high privilege and only the best posters can do it, I'd highly recommend it... 

Just remember that @Robbored is apparently a troll, although there's little proof to back that one up. And if you support Johnson after we lose a game you are deluded and a happy clapper.

Enjoy! 

You'll also encounter the slang term 'snowflake' which apparently implies that a poster "has an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions". So that's all of us then.

Welcome EOT and please ignore what others would tell you about me. It's all hyperbole and you can tell that to your wife or girlfriend. In fact give me their telephone number and I'll tell them myself. :cool2:

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

You'll also encounter the slang term 'snowflake' which apparently implies that a poster "has an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions". So that's all of us then.

Welcome EOT and please ignore what others would tell you about me. It's all hyperballs  you can tell that to your wife or girlfriend. In fact give me their telephone number and I'll tell them myself. :cool2:

Unfortunately, @Enclosure Old Timer , you’ve joined just a little too late to enjoy / suffer (you choose)  one of the highlights of the season - the transfer window. Well over 50 threads about players who didn’t sign for City or didn’t leave City to join other clubs. You’ll have to psych yourself up for the summer window as this is when it really gets  into the realms of fantasy. Over 100 threads about players nobody has heard of; are too expensive; rubbish; don’t want to join the club etc.  With each new thread you’ll have to go through the “S Curve” of anticipation followed, ultimately, by disappointment. Look at the diagram below, apply it to football, and you’ll know what I mean 

D88FDB3C-5496-4159-A912-FA22BF1A5404.png

50 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Unfortunately, @Enclosure Old Timer , you’ve joined just a little too late to enjoy / suffer (you choose)  one of the highlights of the season - the transfer window. Well over 50 threads about players who didn’t sign for City or didn’t leave City to join other clubs. You’ll have to psych yourself up for the summer window as this is when it really gets  into the realms of fantasy. Over 100 threads about players nobody has heard of; are too expensive; rubbish; don’t want to join the club etc.  With each new thread you’ll have to go through the “S Curve” of anticipation followed, ultimately, by disappointment. Look at the diagram below, apply it to football, and you’ll know what I mean 

D88FDB3C-5496-4159-A912-FA22BF1A5404.png

Where is the “pun stage”?

19 hours ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

Hi all, new member to this forum, but a red for more years than I care to remember, look forward to joining in with the debates on here. 

Welcome but I have to warn you that we cannot wholly accept what you have said. Can you please contact the club and get them to confirm all the above on the official site so we can process the information correctly.

your welcome @Robbored

18 hours ago, The Red Planet said:

Welcome EOT. My early years at City were spent standing in the old Enclosure.

For the benefit of younger fans, this was a standing area pitch side below the old Williams stand - now the Lansdown.

It was totally rammed in there in the late 1970's when were playing Liverpool etc. 

me too - can clearly remember watching many games holding on to the fence at the front of the enclosure with all the other young 'uns

French Arrows??

Does anyone remember these deadly creations? They were fashioned out of a cane split at one end to accommodate flights either from feathers or cardboard, the other end was a sharp point with a piece of lead to add weight. They were propelled by string wrapped around the thing that shot from the throwers arm like a 'arrrow'.  I lived in School Road which was opposite Victory Park, as a kid, and the recent mention of Victory Park brought back these memories.....

We used to propel these things at  our enemies (Cowboys) from the hill at Victory Park, don't think anyone was killed or injured, but we didn't really care tbh...

Anyone? ?

3 minutes ago, Enclosure Old Timer said:

It used to get absolutely rammed, especially in the old Div 1 days in the 70's, and you always had the feeling of being almost on the pitch because it was so compact 

So, did it run the full length of the Williams Stand?  I'm going to search for some pictures on line now.

2 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

French Arrows??

Does anyone remember these deadly creations? They were fashioned out of a cane split at one end to accommodate flights either from feathers or cardboard, the other end was a sharp point with a piece of lead to add weight. They were propelled by string wrapped around the thing that shot from the throwers arm like a 'arrrow'.  I lived in School Road which was opposite Victory Park, as a kid, and the recent mention of Victory Park brought back these memories.....

We used to propel these things at  our enemies (Cowboys) from the hill at Victory Park, don't think anyone was killed or injured, but we didn't really care tbh...

Anyone? ?

Yes,but up in Southmead we used the pointed part of those really heavy darts.Saw more than one stuck in some scruffy Herbert’s leg or arm,ouch!.We would also split up into two groups and have mini catapult fights,ours were made with a part of an old bed spring,bent into the shape of the prong,and elastic bands joined together to fire metal staples at each other,it was carnage.Is it me or are kids soft nowadays.

32 minutes ago, underhanded said:

Thank you for posting this gold, from another relative newbie. 

Were people funnier in 2004? Some classic replies in that.

Classic OTIB. Can’t believe that’s 15 years old. 

I think  even nowadays if you get the right thread - or one that goes spectacularly off topic - the humour can be top drawer still. 

There’s  some funny buggers on here TBF. 

Archived