IGNORED

Enclosure Old Timer

3 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Cottage pie made with beef, Shepherd's Pie made with lamb, well it is in my house :laugh:

I’d say that this is well known, but does anyone know what goes into a Clark’s Pie? If so, keep it secret. I don’t want to know as I sometimes eat them. They are the sort of thing you enjoy but try not to think about too much 

14 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

2019-02-08 19.17.58.jpeg

If you look carefully you can see bench seats running along the enclosure, outside of the railings, in front of the pitch. This was the “Ringside” seats. I sat there a couple of times which was interesting, to a young schoolboy, as I could hear the players and the mangers swearing. 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I’d say that this is well known, but does anyone know what goes into a Clark’s Pie? If so, keep it secret. I don’t want to know as I sometimes eat them. They are the sort of thing you enjoy but try not to think about too much 

They are the one pie I miss from England, gurt lush,  and I concur, I don't want to know what "magic" is contained within :laugh:

5 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Yes,but up in Southmead we used the pointed part of those really heavy darts.Saw more than one stuck in some scruffy Herbert’s leg or arm,ouch!.We would also split up into two groups and have mini catapult fights,ours were made with a part of an old bed spring,bent into the shape of the prong,and elastic bands joined together to fire metal staples at each other,it was carnage.Is it me or are kids soft nowadays.

Bristol Bulldog? Ever did that in the 'playground' ? Two rows of kids and one line had to try and run through the other.

Meccano catapaults, was asked to hold one for a moment only to get pounced on by the Headmaster, got the 'dap' for that.

Switching ends at half time to the end City were kicking.

Why did we always score at the covered end  at not the open end?

The 'mad'' Gashead who sold programmes at the entrance AG bedecked with Rovers hats scarves and badges. Forgot his name.

Where exactly is Cribbs Causeway? 

On 07/02/2019 at 18:12, Red Grovesy said:

Ahhh, 'The Enclosure', happy days, great memories. 

My formative years in the first division days were spent in the enclosure before dad moved us to the Dolman. Reverted back in the 80's post relegation. Even though we were crap, those were happy days. 

Welcome Enclosure old boy.

31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t remember it going back so far, it always seemed quite narrow. I only went in a few times though and it was rammed each time.

Wasn’t The Williams was extended down and spread down to cover part of area where the walls to the rear exits ( White ) are  - so it did become narrower ?

Or did those white walls at the back simply dissapear ?

Stood by tunnel often enough , and I’m not sure !

Edit

Think our memories must be playing tricks RRH 

FD39E5A9-8C79-4E16-8B6C-4B455FB1C09B.jpeg

7F33C2F1-844F-420D-A1BE-6B0F1700A70A.jpeg

19 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Classic OTIB. Can’t believe that’s 15 years old. 

I think  even nowadays if you get the right thread - or one that goes spectacularly off topic - the humour can be top drawer still. 

There’s  some funny buggers on here TBF. 

Cheers :ph34r:

Archived