IGNORED

“Accent on youth”

CyderInACan

25 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Good to see that astronomical transfer fees for the best players meaning we need to develop our own youth players is not a 21st century phenomenon. This is from a program from the 50s. 

I wonder what they regarded as “astronomical” back then!?

28D50EB3-80DB-48E8-A257-09F5BDAD41B2.jpeg

I notice the Gas stinking out the bottom three as per usual.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I notice the Gas stinking out the bottom three as per usual.

If my memory is correct, City Reserves pulled out of the Football Combination, the League clubs reserve team competition in the south of England as a cost cutting in 1960 after relegation from Division Two.

This Western League table shows Bath City and Yeovil Town reserves as their first teams played in the Southern League. The Bristol Rovers team is their third team, named Bristol Rovers Colts.

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Who was R.Williams...15 in 22?

Bobby "Shadow" Williams

26 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

If my memory is correct, City Reserves pulled out of the Football Combination, the League clubs reserve team competition in the south of England as a cost cutting in 1960 after relegation from Division Two.

This Western League table shows Bath City and Yeovil Town reserves as their first teams played in the Southern League. The Bristol Rovers team is their third team, named Bristol Rovers Colts.

Bobby "Shadow" Williams

Thanks....he didn’t do badly either!

31 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Bobby "Shadow" Williams

Why “Shadow”? Got me thinking of Only Fools and Horses now!

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I noted that mention was made of a right winger, Alan Fricker.

Do you have any idea whether he was related to the wonderful local referee of the same name, Len, who was still refereeing in the 1970s?

I seem to recall from one of your posts some time ago that you had come across him.

Archived