IGNORED

Villa v Blades Tonight

myol'man

15 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

We are 3 points and 2 games in hand ahead of Villa. If we have any ambitions whatsoever of making the playoffs then there is no way we should be worrying about them. 

Exactly. If villa go above us then it's likely a couple of others have gone above us n all so they're irrelevant in the scheme of things as it stands. 

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Gonna be a tough ask for Villa. Defensively they are awful not sure what Terry is doing in training with them. Add in Grealish missing as well.

Only Ipswich have a worse defensive record, which is extraordinary. Spent fortunes on attacking, players, 2 of whom have recently departed, but neglected the basics.

As for John Terry, goes to show being a good player doesn't make you a good coach. Bit of a blow to his expectation that he'll get the Chelsea job sooner or later. ?

34 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I don’t think so. Not Villa in this style, it’s a shot in the arm. A score draw before ko for sure, but not villa coming from 3 behind, that’s a big confidence builder 

Yes you could well be correct, but to be 0-3 down in the first place shows how vulnerable they are at the back. They aren’t consistent enough imo.

I cannot understand why the SU players and commentators were blaming Henderson for the first 2 Villa goals. The 2nd goal especially, he did the right thing trying not to catch it as the ref had already displayed that players are allowed to kick the ball out of the keeper's hands so taking possession of it would've been suicidal for his team.

Went for  nose on he Villa forum for a laugh when they were 3-0 down.

For balance I'e just had a look at Sheff U's forum and the change in tone during the last 10 minutes of the game was "interesting" !

4 minutes ago, Waffleflap said:

To throw away a 3-0 lead with 8 mins to go in any standard of football is shocking. When you're top of the league and throw it away its even worse. Funny old game though  

Certainly is..... can't stand either of um but great for us REDS and fingerscrossed this time next week we're firmly in the mix of the top 6 looking forward to the chance of a quarter final place in the cup with pressure all on Wolves..... Nice.... 

46 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

TBH, I don't think they can get any confidence from being comprehensively outplayed for 80 minutes.

The crowd and the team celebrating a point says it all.

Good game for the rest of the championship - Sheffield show that they can crumble under pressure and Villa show how crap they are.

If this was city my annoyance would turn to joy and proud of the spirit my team showed .  Sheff united will make top 6 , as they have good depth Imo. 

2 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Thanks for the 15 million for Kodjia

Looks a waste of space at best 

He’s was non existent playing wide. If he is worth £15m, how much for O’Dowda or Eliasson? 

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and only Norwich and WBA have scored more than Villa....

... all of which means they have fewer points and a worse goal difference. Having spent a fortune on attacking players while thumbing their nose at FFP.

But they are a big club so we should bend the knee, as their fans never cease to tell us.

4 hours ago, Redbo said:

Bloody good form too. 7 wins in a row now right? Unbeaten in 13?

7 wins in a row and only 2 goals conceded I think ?

we must be the form team in Europe at that rate . Chatting to a Leeds season ticket holder and like he said 

if your not conceding there is only one way you can go , also thinks it will go right to the end of the season which I agree with 

darby at home and hull away COULD be absolutely massive games ..... 

Terry is second manager in Villa. He was a defender,  Ipswich and Villa have the worst defending in the leauge. Villa buy expensive and change managers, so far the results for them not good. Here in Sweden their fans still think they are the best team. They said it would be a walk in the park to win this leauge, they have the best team they said.

Archived