IGNORED

Team vs Blackburn

Meh

What is the thoughts? I think Kasey may start as he will be keen to show what they are missing and LJ did seem to emphasise we might see him SOONER rather than later in the open forum. So I think much the same :-

Fielding

Wright - Kalas - Webster - Da Silva

Pack

Wiemann - Brownhill - O’Dowda

Palmer

Diedhiou

4 minutes ago, Jersey Bristolian said:

According to the BBC

"

Bristol City boss Lee Johnson is set to name an unchanged team as they look to stretch their unbeaten run to 12 games.

Former Blackburn loanee Kasey Palmer will again start on the bench."

Looks like they already know :laugh:

If they aren’t going to same unbeaten run of 12 league games they could at least get the number right 

5 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I am just as adamant this week as last that Palmer should start. Better player imo and added bonus of a point to prove. Paterson starting would not upset me though

Thing is, if the starting XI isn't quite right, bringing Patterson off for Palmer is a sure fire way to inject some energy, creativity & goal threat.

If the team doesn't click/has an off day, will Patterson coming on for Palmer have the same impact? I don't think so

1 hour ago, Neo said:

What is the thoughts? I think Kasey may start as he will be keen to show what they are missing and LJ did seem to emphasise we might see him SOONER rather than later in the open forum. So I think much the same :-

Fielding

Wright - Kalas - Webster - Da Silva

Pack

Wiemann - Brownhill - O’Dowda

Palmer

Diedhiou

I think same again, apart from, as @ExiledAjax  says , Kelly in for DaSilva. LJ seems to play Kelly when we need to be a little more solid, and as we know B'burn are on. good run too. 
Most of us would start with Pamer, but I think LJ will want to work with him a little more before he starts a game. Plus Paterson has played deeper making us a little more solid, and I think solid will be the watchword and then unleash Palmer from the bench later on.

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Wouldn't be surprised whatever the team is tomorrow for there then to be rotation on Tuesday against QPR, we know what happened last season when sticking with unchanged team week in week out.

Nor would I, but I hope LJ picks the side tomorrow without thinking too much about Tuesday or the following Sunday.  Get tomorrow sorted first, see what players are carrying knocks, etc and go from there. 

3 hours ago, solihull cider red said:

Thing is, if the starting XI isn't quite right, bringing Patterson off for Palmer is a sure fire way to inject some energy, creativity & goal threat.

If the team doesn't click/has an off day, will Patterson coming on for Palmer have the same impact? I don't think so

True but does that mean Palmer gets 30 minutes the rest of the season for the sake of his energy? For me best XI and if Paterson wants to start again he needs to be as sharp as Palmer has been off the bench. I know there will be rotation at points so should be minutes for both but imo Palmer should be getting the bulk from now on bar any drastic changes in form

3 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I'm more intrigued by the bench in a weird way. Semenyo got 2 goals, does he get a spot? Walsh back? Morrell who was excellent dropped still? 

Lots of decisions to be made.

I'm going for completely unchanged - 1st XI and bench.

Unless any new enforced changes happen, the only 3 differences could be Palmer for Pato, Kelly for Da Silva, Eisa for Semenyo (unlikely). 

Walsh still not 100% match fit.

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I find Tuesdays team to be much more interesting than tomorrow's. As tomorrow will surely be very similar to last game, which is fine. Tuesday could well see Palmer and Eliasson start. Maybe even a different striker leading the line as Famara can struggle to play 3 games in a week.

Worry about Tuesday at 16:50 tomorrow ? ? ?

Seriously though I go back to the sequence where we played Sheffield United, West Brom and Wigan (Sat, Tues, Fri) and LJ said he’d picked pretty much his three teams in advance.  Recall moaning at the time that there are too many variables to do that.  I accept those line-ups weren’t fixed, but if you start telling a player they’ll play Tuesday, but miss out tomorrow, or vice-versa you allow them to de-focus (is that a word).

LJ needs to be helping everyone ready for the 90 minutes ahead of them.  It’s a cliche I know, but got to take each game as it comes.  Boring as it is!

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s a cliche I know, but got to take each game as it comes.

Cliche's are cliche's for a reason.

We get something tomorrow, and we can afford to be a bit more attacking Tuesday and we could start Palmer. If we lose tomorrow , I think it would be a steadier side Tuesday . Every game affects the next one, or , each game as it comes :whistle:

Archived