IGNORED

BOOKING TICKETS ON PHONE IS A JOKE

RobintheRed Red

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

When you were waiting was there any indication of what number you were in the queue? 

Assume you were moving? 

No you get nothing saying where you are in the que and how long you might have to wait.

i just put it on speaker phone and have my lunch 

only down side is I’ve normally got a mouth full of food when they answer 

Had no probs whatever earlier in the week securing my own ST seat online, but tried today to contact them both by email and phone in connection with another transaction that could not be completed online, and can confirm that was a complete and utter pain in the rectum, so have experienced it from both perspectives.

What I would like to know, for the millionth bloody time, is WTF is the point of having a modern system with turnstiles operated electronically by smart cards and yet still having to print a ticket, instead of having the cup game loaded on to your ST? How hard can it be to sort that out?

I lost my season card on Saturday, so phoned to see if it had been handed in yesterday and today. Gave up after 20 mins yesterday and eventually got answered today after 30 mins. Supporter services can't check so have to put you through to the club shop (you can't get the club shop direct via the menu) to check if it's been handed in but once established it's not been handed in you need to go back through to supporter services to arrange a replacement. But they can't speak to each other and can't fast transfer you back. So I had to then dial supporter services again and wait in the queue again!!! Gave up after another 30 mins.

Surely something has to be done about this? @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO correctly points people in the direction of the supporters services but reports of similar times have appeared on social media many times, what business can justify treating their customers so badly. 

Even an old fashioned answer phone would be better 

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Surely something has to be done about this? @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO correctly points people in the direction of the supporters services but reports of similar times have appeared on social media many times, what business can justify treating their customers so badly. 

Even an old fashioned answer phone would be better 

Fans don’t matter because football is big business and obviously a few tickets here and there doesn’t mean a jot to the club

2 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Had no probs whatever earlier in the week securing my own ST seat online, but tried today to contact them both by email and phone in connection with another transaction that could not be completed online, and can confirm that was a complete and utter pain in the rectum, so have experienced it from both perspectives.

What I would like to know, for the millionth bloody time, is WTF is the point of having a modern system with turnstiles operated electronically by smart cards and yet still having to print a ticket, instead of having the cup game loaded on to your ST? How hard can it be to sort that out?

Because for cup games people don't always want their normal seat , perhaps going with friends who don't/can't go or commit to regular football. Also it's  easy enough to download on your phone.

2 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

Because for cup games people don't always want their normal seat , perhaps going with friends who don't/can't go or commit to regular football. Also it's  easy enough to download on your phone.

With respect, I think you’re rather missing the point. I wasn’t suggesting it should be mandatory that your cup ticket should have to be loaded to your ST card, but most people do reserve their usual seats for all-pay games and the option to do that electronically ought to be available. And not everybody in the world chooses to have a smartphone.

I’m just asking why, if the club uses modern technology, it has only limited functionality. Smart card, smart phone, whatever. If it works with one technology, it could and should work with others. Otherwise, it’s not very smart at all.

Archived