IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day 30

Septic Peg

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Today will be a good opportunity to see Pack’s effectiveness in the DM (4141) versus a true AM in Dack.  The way Dack and Graham play off each other is key, with Armstrong run in from wide to join up.

Here’s the away game when both got subbed after 52 minutes.  Obviously not a full 90.

1075931D-1955-4BC6-87E1-7C45D61DB942.thumb.jpeg.927b72e6af3dc52e6263d9249deadedf.jpeg

But here’s the 3-0 at home which might be much more like we’ll expect today.  Both players much more involved...and why I think “Pack v Dack” will be key today.  Hopefully Kalas and Webster will ensure Graham doesn’t have an easy afternoon.

B64AC749-F45B-4D54-9495-BDD940E46AF6.thumb.jpeg.b93d2ebb88dfc0e9c88585dd0056955b.jpeg

@Davefevs- any chance of removing this as well?

It's not inappropriate but it's just far too difficult for me to understand. Any chance of some holiday snaps or 'summit?

34 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Browsing one of their forums they seem sure it will be a comfortable 2-0 or 3-1 win provided Dack & Graham fit to start... 

I do love the attitude of a lot of fans towards us. 

It’s not like we havent lost since November or anything!!

do you think we’ll be ‘little Bristol City’ when weve gone under the radar of all the billy big bollocks teams and made the PL?!

?

4 minutes ago, nickolas said:

I do love the attitude of a lot of fans towards us. 

It’s not like we havent lost since November or anything!!

do you think we’ll be ‘little Bristol City’ when weve gone under the radar of all the billy big bollocks teams and made the PL?!

?

Probably Yes! Let 'em keep thinking that while we take the points from them

I said last week that if we win today, then that can all but finish Blackburn as a realistic contender - 7 points is not insurmountable but is highly unlikely.

I expect them to come at us hard with that in mind, but I also expect us to be good enough to cope with that and come through the other side. What both last weeks game vs Brentford and the one vs us showed is that they’re loose when chasing a game. Get a goal, make them do that, and we can win this possibly more comfortably than people would expect.

52 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Always good to see a bit of complacency from the opposition. Let’s hope their players share that attitude. 

Although they had a poor result last week, they had won the previous 4 and are in touching distance of the play offs and us. If it was us, in the same circumstances  then I'm sure many of our fans would feel optimistic of a good result, although I am sure a few of their fans do see us as Bristol whoaretheyneverbeeninthepremweshouldbebeatingthese City.

Sadly, Mowbray and his players will take us very seriously and without any complacency whatsoever.

I was at the Brentford vs Blackburn game last Saturday and once Graham had gone off they looked like a different team. 

Whenever Brentford misplaced passes they were ready to take advantage and run up the wings on the break but their defence was easy to run through. 

If our defence is good, then I think we might win. 

37 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

@Davefevs- any chance of removing this as well?

It's not inappropriate but it's just far too difficult for me to understand. Any chance of some holiday snaps or 'summit?

If the mods removed all the difficult to understand  posts  it would be Brexit time for Tommy!

Difficult to read to much in to last weeks defeat for them. Cruised in to a 2-0 lead, and then fell apart when forced to sub their two forwards. Previously on a good run, including 3-0 against an in form Hull. Seemingly like half the league they will be thinking 'if we can just get a little run going now'. Draw would a be a decent result, but said that about a pile of games we have won recently. 1-1, who knows.

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I'm thinking a draw maybe likely today. Their form the collapse v Brentford aside has been quite good,  5th best home record in the division...bit of a fortress under Mowbray.

Then again, the way we have been playing suits us away from home especially...it's a tough one to call.

Kick lumps out of Graham & Dack, they get subbed then go and finish them off - That’s the team talk done!

With our recent improvement, I have been really enjoying my football again.  I even watched the Villa game last night (what a last 10 mins that was).

Would settle for a point today, though we need to be getting 3 points if we are to continue our march towards the top.

Nobody seems to be speculating what the team will be, but we shall know in a minute or two.

Archived