IGNORED

Senior bus pass

Midred

Hearing on the news this morning that the routes for the bus pass are to be cut back. I will be 65 next week and yet will still have to wait until July when I am entitled to my state pension to also apply for the said bus pass. The local government association are claiming that following government cutbacks local authorities are finding it difficult to keep up with the bus company subsidies necessary to fund the scheme. Apparently if I lived in the London area I, ( upon my 60th birthday), would be entitled to an Oyster card which would give me free access not only to buses but also tube trains, and overgound trains within the London area. Whilst I was already aware that people in Wales and Scotland could claim 60+ bus passes, I find this extra entitlement for London really takes the p***! Presumably Transport for London are self financing and don’t require government subsidies? ?

Rant over!

9 hours ago, Midred said:

Hearing on the news this morning that the routes for the bus pass are to be cut back. I will be 65 next week and yet will still have to wait until July when I am entitled to my state pension to also apply for the said bus pass. The local government association are claiming that following government cutbacks local authorities are finding it difficult to keep up with the bus company subsidies necessary to fund the scheme. Apparently if I lived in the London area I, ( upon my 60th birthday), would be entitled to an Oyster card which would give me free access not only to buses but also tube trains, and overgound trains within the London area. Whilst I was already aware that people in Wales and Scotland could claim 60+ bus passes, I find this extra entitlement for London really takes the p***! Presumably Transport for London are self financing and don’t require government subsidies? ?

Rant over!

Living approximately 200 yards outside of a London Borough it does get my goat that I am one stop away from cheap skates! ?

Archived